• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Florida to POSSIBLY require documentation to pee

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The easy solution is to have the gender-neutral bathroom facilities, but wouldn't they be expensive for some establishments? It is practical to have three varieties of bathrooms in all instances?

Or all lavatories could be gender neutral. Stalls should just be built to have better privacy. I have no idea why bathrooms are still gendered.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Or all lavatories could be gender neutral. Stalls should just be built to have better privacy. I have no idea why bathrooms are still gendered.
Voyeurism and sexual assault.

I honestly would not trust people to not abuse non-gendered public bathrooms. Especially in high school. Just try to imagine teenagers in gender neutral bathrooms for a sec. Yes, you can increase stall privacy/security, but people will always find a way around it.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
There are gender-neutral bathrooms in Canada. They're called "family bathrooms" and are a separate room. This solves the issue for caregivers, sponsors, etc. that are of a different gender. Also solves having small children and being able to accompany them, thus the name "family bathroom".

They're sparse, though. They're not legally obliged to provide them, and the places I've seen them are typically Tim Horton's and... Yeah, that's about it actually. Some malls, too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Child safety is a major concern of bathroom usage. And frankly, regardless of the gender of the person in the bathroom, when you allow a child in public bathroom without supervision, surrounded by strangers, there is a safety hazard. Regardless if there is a transgender person or not, I would accompany my child to a public restroom.

Never was as truer statement made. there could be guns in there!
[hd]ppjyB2MpxBU[/hd]

But seriously. This goes back to the 'creeping/peeping' rule.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

I honestly would not trust people to not abuse non-gendered public bathrooms. Especially in high school. Just try to imagine teenagers in gender neutral bathrooms for a sec. Yes, you can increase stall privacy/security, but people will always find a way around it.

Signs that say Women & Men don't deter criminals, though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Signs that say Women & Men don't deter criminals, though.
True, but neither would making bathrooms gender neutral. In an ideal world yeah we wouldn't need to separate bathrooms based on gender but this is not that ideal world.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
I had a transgender person at my school. I didn't notice for 6 months, and only then because she brought it up herself in a joke. She thought everyone knew when I asked why it never came up.

Even if you agree with the concept, there are so many holes that this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I...I just don't know. Maybe I'll go in-depth at a later date, but...WTF? Seriously? This has to be some crazy freak bill that's part of some political maneuvering, or something.

As for the joint bathrooms, to force tolerance is a little much in this instance. Joint bathrooms just seem like they cause as many problems as they solve. The switch would be very hard logistically for businesses (and public facilities) that can't afford to renovate. Mass awkwardness would ensue with two joint bathrooms, only one with urinals. A women needs to tinkle; what if she stands in line for the bathroom with the urinals? Does she wait inside for the stalls? Do I have a women watching me relieve myself? Does this hurt my chances?

Maybe when joint bathrooms are the best use of a government's time and taxes, I'll think a bit more on it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
link

An American gym has been lauded for taking a strong stand after a customer violated their "no judgement" policy, terminating her membership after she complained about a transgender gymgoer.

Planet Fitness in Midland, Michigan, instantly revoked Yvette Cormier's contract after she repeatedly complained to the front desk about a man in the changing rooms.

"It freaked me out because, why is a man in here?" Cormier, 48, told M Live.

Staff informed her the customer was transgender, and identified as female, and had every right to use the womens' changing room.

However Cormier pressed ahead with her complaint, returning to the gym on several occasions and speaking to other gym users about the incident.

"I was stunned and shocked," Cormier told WNEM. "He looked like a man. He did not look like a woman.

"This is very unprofessional. This is very scary."

Planet Fitness then called her to revoke her membership with immediate effect, stating that she had violated their policies.

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members," the company said in a statement.

"Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity. The manner in which this member expressed her concerns about the policy exhibited behaviour that management at the Midland club deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled."

Not the same situation the original post was talking about, but in the same vein. What do you think?

Years
link

Not the same situation the original post was talking about, but in the same vein. What do you think?
I saw this the other day on my facebook newsfeed and it would seem a lot of Americans are mad about this, calling it hypocritical political correctness and not addressing everyone's comfort. I am curious to know the transgender woman's perspective. What exactly happened? All the articles I find on this seem to focus on the woman that was complaining.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I saw this the other day on my facebook newsfeed and it would seem a lot of Americans are mad about this, calling it hypocritical political correctness and not addressing everyone's comfort. I am curious to know the transgender woman's perspective. What exactly happened? All the articles I find on this seem to focus on the woman that was complaining.

From what I read on the Daily Mail (a questionable news source, but bear with me), she asked the receptionist what the gym's policy on transgender people was. They said that she could use the change room that matched her style of dress, so that's precisely what she did. Despite the gym's 'no judgement' policy, the cisgender woman who had her membership revoked complained about her presence (likely misgendering her in the process, which is what I found in a different article) and, despite being warned, continued to complain about the trans woman's presence in the changeroom to other patrons. The complainer was then ejected from the gym.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020

Given the prevalence of homosexuality, I fail to understand what difference it really makes. Is it statistically shown that mixed bathooms don't work out?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Given the prevalence of homosexuality, I fail to understand what difference it really makes. Is it statistically shown that mixed bathooms don't work out?
I don't have have any statistics on mixed bathrooms (there's probably not much data on those anyway). I'm just a bit cynical and doubt that not separating bathrooms based on gender will have any positive effect.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
99% of stupid American bills come from states run by Republicans, and this is no exception. I've also read a news article earlier today that said Florida, among other Republican-run states, banned every mention of climate change and global warming in their official statements. As expected from Republicans.

When I start hormones will I birth Sephiroth?

Yes. {XD}

Back