• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which past generation Pokemon do you want to return?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
Should we assume that the Pokemon shown in the trailers will be obtainable in X and/or Y? If that's the case then we know that, at least, these past Pokemon will be available.

Pikachu (Pichu, Raichu)
Gligar (Gliscor)
Psyduck (Golduck)
Kirlia (Ralts, Gardevoir, Gallade)
Patrat (Watchog)
Pansear (Simisear)
Munchlax (Snorlax)
Mienfoo (Mienshao)
Magikarp (Gyarados)
Golurk (Golett)
Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)
Zangoose
Machamp (Machop, Machoke)
Genesect
Mewtwo

Years
I want a game that has every generation. I know that would be one long game but still. I love almost every pokemon and I would love to be able to make my dream team with out so much trading.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It definitely be cool to have a <insert # of Pokémon here> game, but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of having interaction between games. Of course, that's exactly what you are aiming for, but from how Game Freak and Nintendo want the games to turn out, they're going to involve trading in them to promote interaction between players.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Should we assume that the Pokemon shown in the trailers will be obtainable in X and/or Y? If that's the case then we know that, at least, these past Pokemon will be available.

Pikachu (Pichu, Raichu)
Gligar (Gliscor)
Psyduck (Golduck)
Kirlia (Ralts, Gardevoir, Gallade)
Patrat (Watchog)
Pansear (Simisear)
Munchlax (Snorlax)
Mienfoo (Mienshao)
Magikarp (Gyarados)
Golurk (Golett)
Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)
Zangoose
Machamp (Machop, Machoke)
Genesect
Mewtwo

No, those are shown for viewing only. As far as we know none of those are Pokemon that are actually in game. They are just there to show off the Game's graphics. They do this all the time with promotional material. Which led to huge disappointments in the past since they always show Pokemon not available in games for mock up pictures.

Genesect is also a Download only Pokemon. Like all the others there isn't much chance of that changing. We may get an item but still you'd have to get it from an event meaning there'd be no way to get to Genesect without having an event present.

As for Mewtwo, I don't think he plays any part in the games. Sorta like the Keldeo hype during B2W2. Big promo showing off his new form...doesn't do anything or isn't even part of the story.

But, ya they have that "Not actual game footage" thing going on so odds are against them being in the game itself.

Seeing as we'll be getting a regional bug set, Bird, Pikachu Clone, and regional rat...I doubt we'll see any of the originals in the game right off (except maybe Pikachu but ya never know). I kinda want Pidgey back in for my own biased reasons.

Oh right there are three possibles in since they were part of the statue, Golurk, Eevee, and Plapitoad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want a game that has every generation. I know that would be one long game but still. I love almost every pokemon and I would love to be able to make my dream team with out so much trading.

I don't think they'll have every Pokemon up for capture, especially since there's still ways to trade with the DS. If this wasn't the case, maybe, but I really doubt they'll have everything to capture during main gameplay unfortunately!

Years
I don't want to sound picky or anything but I am a Forza addict but if they was to make a Pokemon game where you could catch every single one from every single game on one cartridge for the DS.. that would be epic and that will takeover my Forza addiction haha.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I also wouldn't mind for some Gen IV Pokemon to make some sort of return in this generation, though I'm unsure of whether they made an appearance last generation. If so, just stick to Hoenn and Johto Pokemon, really.

Other than a lot of the new evolutions to older Pokémon (like Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, etc.), there was some Sinnoh Pokémon (Skorupi, Bronzor, Carnivine, Croagunk, Riolu, Buneary, Combee, Buizel, and all of their evolutions), so they were included last generation. In all honestly, all of the previous generation were pretty well represented in B2/W2, so I'd be perfectly fine if they continued that trend again.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
I'd love to see a lot of the Hoenn Pokemon again... Breloom, Altaria, Flygon, Absol, Snorunt... Some of the Sinnoh Pokemon too: Luxray and Empoleon obviously!! Staraptor, Toxicroak, Leafeon and Glaceon, Dusknoir, Froslass and more from the other Reigons too but... yeah, these especially! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'd like many of them to return, better sooner than later, because I had some serious issues getting a good team (and by good I mean that there wasn't that big of a variety, which I simply liked).

some Pokemon I'd like to return:
Ralts + evolutions
Skarmory
Trapinch
Ditto (you know why)

Years
I don't want old Pokemon to be in the regional Pokedex! But I would love to see Vulpix in the wild grass again! :) haha
I want to see lots of new Pokemon and new types tbh. I am wishing for a Dragon/Psychic Pokemon this time. :(
Although, I am pretty sure we will be able to tranfer our old favorite Pokemon to X&Y!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
...but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.

This. It get's really tiring that all the first picks were the more iconic ones, and less of the really awesome Pokemon. I'd like to see the return of Dratini and Porygon from generation 1, Aipom, Smeargle and Skarmory from generation 2, Spinda, Trapinch, Electrike, Zigzagoon, and Ralts from generation 3, Starly, Shinx, Bronzor, and Rotom from generation IV, and Lillipup from Generation 5. There's more if I think deeply, but this is the best I wanted.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.
This. It get's really tiring that all the first picks were the more iconic ones, and less of the really awesome Pokemon.

I agree with both of you. I would like to see pokemon that are a little more obscure. I think it would make things more interesting.

CrossZero

Master Bonder
Years
It could be great to have AAAAALLLLL pokémons of AAAAAALLLLLL generations capturable without any other thing, just ingame, with out events, trading and that things, that would be just awesome, but i think that would never happend u.u

Se ya​

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Honestly I hope absolutely none, I want it like that one game where there literally was no appearance of old pokemon until after the game had been beaten

But, if there must be I'd want to see cool things like Charmanders, Squirtles, Bulbasaurs, and all of that in the wild lol

Years
Ralts would be lovely, more gen 3 pokemon the better imo :) That's my biggest nostalgia pokemon game for me, despite playing gen 1 and 2 as well XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I actually wish B/W had done the national dex thing, and then B/W2 was only new Pokemon. While I played B/W, I was wishing the old Pokemon were there... But when I played B/W2, I was used to the new Pokemon, and I actually liked being restricted to just new Pokemon. It made the game a little easier, because I didn't have to remember the type of all the old Pokemon, too.

For the next game, I'm hoping it's like 90% new Pokemon. I appreciate the old standbys, like Pidgey (or better yet Starly,) and the new evolutions, but I really would like the main game to be mostly new Pokemon. I really like getting to know all the new ones.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
eevee!!!!!!! cause eevees rock! So do eeveelutions and cuase of Slyveon. That's two things its has done, it has gave Espeon a real place in my heart as Slyveon is now my least favorite XP yeah its not my style.
I would love to catch Shinx! Pikachus, Lapras, and I know it won't happen but pidgey cuase of its evolutions XP ummmmmmmmm Zoura, but no zubats, or woobats!!!!!!!! Yeah I want to be able to have my favorites in the game :D

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I quess some of the hoeen and sinnoh pokemon. I hope they didn't put kirlia for show because I want my Gallade again! Of course litwick will be back and I want Roserade again!:cheeky:

Back