• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Rated T] Pokémon 2Awesome Version (YouTube)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hi, in this thread I'll be doing an annotated YouTube Let's Play of [user]hinkage[/user]'s Pokémon 2Awesome Version. By "annotated" I mean that I will not be using my voice overtop of the game, but rather YouTube's built-in annotation system, so make sure those are turned on! A reminder of this is at the beginning of most descriptions of these videos, though, if you by chance are viewing it on-site. I've placed a rated T for Teen rating on this because of the contents of the game itself, for certain things including implied death, but other than that it's a quite hysterical hack full of jokes and references.

Episodes

Spoiler:

Credits

• Screen recording software: BB FlashBack Express (Sucky but free and stable)
  • Video editing software: Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 (Got really lucky to get this)
  • Flash video renderer: DVDVideoSoft Video to Flash converter (Used to control bitrates and resolutions more precisely for web streaming)

If you like it be sure to click the like button, and be prepared for more episodes to come!

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Thanks Fabio!

The #1 key to getting the best quality in your videos is to record and cut in maximum quality, usually 1920×1080 for widescreen or 1440×1080 for fullscreen, with a hefty bitrate of about 4 to 5 MB per second. I don't always upload the finalized video in this quality, because I usually tone it down to 720p or 480p when I render it as a flash video. Meaning, the key is to have a very large resolution to work with, and a big enough bitrate to compensate for it. Also, it's a good idea to give YouTube a high resolution/bitrate to work with, knowing that its servers re-render it ten ways to Sunday ;D.

I'm rendering episode 4 as we speak, and the funny thing is, when I'm cutting it in Sony Vegas the preview handler stalls out unless I zoom in really close and slowly move frame-per-frame. I guess my processor wasn't built for this, considering Vegas renders the preview sufficiently at 480p and speedily at 360p ^^;. The approximate time left says well over 3 hours, so I have quite the wait for it to render, not to mention I have to convert it to Flash video and am hoping to do that in 1080p -_-.

And you know something? I really wish PC's video code would output a widescreen player, it looks so uneven in 4:3 :/. Maybe I'll talk to Rukario about that ^^'. (Yes, I know PC doesn't use vBulletin's built-in [video][/video] tags, I don't either on my vB.)

If you wish for clarification on any of the jargon posted above, I would be more than happy to explain it in the simplest of terms for you. :)

Last edited:
Back