• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Red.

Do it. Now.
I'm so in that RP.
Ho-Oh killing people is just so friggin' awesome :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oookay fun times! I'm submitting it soon then, it's been six days or so since RPs were last accepted so hopefully it'll be quickly until we'll see it up.
Look for CROSS O V E R :]

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
@Red: I have to admit that your idea is pretty epic. I'd definitely have some interest in it but the way things look, even now, a spot looks hard to come by!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nah, I'll be having six spots (me included) so I could theoretically reserve all of you five good people here and now prematurely xD But maybe you want to see the thread first.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'll probably join in anyway. I usually like Red's RPs.

Also, probably safe to say that anybody who has reserved in TAMERS: STREAM (link in sig. :D) has about 47-48 hours until the SUs are selected. :D If people aren't done, better hurry up. Or if people still want in, better GO GO GO! Cause the IC was submitted. :D

Shameless advertising complete

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Same as with Nickle.
But Rika being Rika, I'll end up trying to join because it'll be awesome.
Or following it (worst case scenario).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmmm. I did want to sign up for that digimon RP. And I am in one pokémon RP atm, where I haven't posted in a while...

Awerghsdjsdfkd

I can't be in all three. I'll simply refrain from submitting this new RP now, after all. And focus on writing a SU for Fuyu's digimon RP instead :] Gotta prioritize.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Aw... don't do all that. XD Darn it. Oh well. We'll see it when it comes out I guess.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Riiiiiiiika, no, I hate you, stop making fun-looking roleplays, aaaaaaaaaaagh, y u always do dis to me?

I can't be in all three. I'll simply refrain from submitting this new RP now, after all. And focus on writing a SU for Fuyu's digimon RP instead :] Gotta prioritize.

. . . phew. Maybe I can check it out when you do post it. Or not. It depends . . . I'm in . . . only two roleplays, I think? I'm not very active in either, or in general . . . feh, this sucks. Feh. >.>;

That reminds me. I'll have to come up with a post for the TES roleplay. Valenwood/Elsweyr, here we come(eventually)! xD

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Hmm... would anyone join a RP if the whole idea of the RP was brand new and not based off anything? Basically, the GM him/herself created a whole world through his/her own imagination, and all the stuff that happens in it. The time I've been here I've only seen a handful of RPs which have been successful as original concepts. Seems like people would rather join a RP which they already have a lot of background knowledge about beforehand, although I guess that's because then its much easier for them to write because of that.

Anyway, the question still stands - would you ever join a RP where everything (well, most of it) is new and original from the GM? (e.g. let's say a RP based on magic - every spell is brand new and made by the GM, the towns are all designed by the GM blah blah blah)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I wouldn't be turned off by an original RP :). However, it needs to be easy to understand and not require too much information from the start.

For example, if the characters start in one city there really isn't a need to post the descriptions of 5 other places on the map. I prefer it when GMs give concise information in the first post and then tell characters what they need to know, when it is relevant.

Also, a clear story is needed. A sandbox-RP in an unknown surrounding is going to end up with lots of confused players, describing things differently or not knowing what to do. Lot of structure please :).

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay so I've been bouncing a Donnie Darko based rp around, and I've decided to put this up to see if I get any feedback before I write it all up and plan everything and such. Obviously you can ask me any questions if this is confusing but you are interested.

Lt. Col. said:
"Natural Phenomenon"
I N T O T H E D A R K O

Rated M
(For Mature)​

The Phenomenon

We live in the PRIMARY UNIVERSE. There are many natural phenomenons, most of them as harmless as the Aurora Borealis. But there is one phenomenon that does much more than make pretty lights. Every now and then, a time rift is created in the universe, and this rift creates a TANGENT UNIVERSE. Think of the Primary Universe as a circle, and the Tangent Universe as a line segment. The Primary Universe, like a circle, has neither beginning nor end. The Tangent universe has a definite beginning and an end, like a line segment. As any tangent does, the Tangent Universe touches the Primary Universe at one point. When the two touch, a portal opens, allowing people to transverse the two. However, it is not recommended you do so, because at the end of the Tangent's lifespan, it will collapse on itself and create a BLACK HOLE. The Black Hole is a huge space of extreme gravitational pull. This Black Hole will completely erase the Tangent Universe, when its time comes. This is the barebones of our understanding.

Normally, a Tangent Universe has no direct effect on the Primary Universe, as its destruction happens when the two are too far apart to affect each other. But, some times its different. There are screw ups in the duplication process. An ARTIFACT (usually made of metal) may be created. And Artifact is an item that has been duplicated, but both the dupe and the original are sent to the Tangent Universe. For example, a toaster is sent twice, so there are two toasters in the Tangent Universe, breaking the Law of Conservation of Mass. The Tangent Universe then becomes unstable, and collapses prematurely. If this happens, the two universes would be too close together, and the resulting black hole will destroy the Primary Universe as well. Obviously, this is not ideal. When an Artifact is created, a HERO (or rather, heroic team) is chosen to expel the Artifact from the Tangent Universe, and send it back to the Primary Universe. The hero will be able to traverse to the Tangent Universe and assume control of their TANGENT HALF. The Artifact will be sent back to the Primary Universe by the hero; this delays the destruction of the Tangent and allows enough time to pass to allow the Primary Universe to be out of range of the Black Hole. Your TANGENT HALF will be destroyed with the rest of the Tangent Universe. Once your Tangent Half is destroyed, your primary half will have conscience again, and you will wake up the moment your consciousness entered the Tangent Universe. Also, you, as the hero, will remember everything from the Tangent Universe. Anyone else will simply have dreams about it, without realizing it actually happened.

Okay, so basically there will be six players, each a member of the hero squad. If you've ever seen Donnie Darko, you know about Frank. Basically, I will play all of the Franks of the game, leading the players towards their destiny as a ghost. The objective is to find all of the artifacts and send them to the primary universe before October 31st. Uh, there will be more information in the sign up thread...if enough people take interest in the rp, that is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So that is how the alternate world in Donnie Darko worked! Or did you make some of that up yourself? It certainly sounds cool though.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
So that is how the alternate world in Donnie Darko worked! Or did you make some of that up yourself? It certainly sounds cool though.

Uh, some of its like what most people speculate, but a lot is just my interpretation and some adaptation for rp.

Like the black holes and what an artifact is and the portal thing is "changed" for the rp. I cant really say i changed anything because none of it is official, as far as I know.

But the fact that there are the two universes and one is a tangent is widely accepted as "canon". Its not certain, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hmm, the idea is very out there - I'm just not really sure how it would unfold? It sounds like the majority of the RP would be 'real world'esque. Or would the tangent worlds be vastly different to our own?

Also, with 6 people taking part, how many artifacts are there going to be? Is there a reason why there are so many if it's quite a rare thing?

Years
@Scyke - I don't mind original RPs at all but the "lore" of the RPs universe needs to be well explained with a lot of detail but with a lower word count. I don't want to read 6 pages of text to join an RP but I need to know enough to actually take part. On top of that the concept and story of the RP need to be interesting as well.

I'm not against making them either. My RP, Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, is an original RP.

@Lt. Col. - It sounds intriguing but also very complex so it is quite hard to judge. It will either be a massive success or an abject failure, although from the sounds of it the former is far more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back