• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
The hack ends after the gym leader in the ghost town right?

Years
Seems to be a very minor, and well-hidden bug that you've found. Could you tell us where you do re-spawn to? That way Wes might be able to fix it for later ;)
Electabuzz evolves at level 40, same for Magmar. It also appears that Skorupi can be bred from Magmortar...interesting :laugh:
EDIT: Heheh, using YAPE on LP is kinda fun. I mean, who knew that Magmortar was the "Polka Dot" Pokemon? :laugh: :P
can u tell me where is 6th gym in sinnoh region? I played beta 3 and i have collected 6 sinnoh badges including the 7th badge but i don't know how get the 6th one.

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
There's no 7th badge in the old version.
You can start new one ;)
It ends after beating Canalave City's Gym.

Doodlez : Yep you're right.

Canalave? I was never there
The ghost town + gym [4th badge] is in darkdusk and the hack ends there
because the way to the next town is where the tiles end

Years
There's no 7th badge in the old version.
You can start new one ;)
It ends after beating Canalave City's Gym.
Doodlez : Yep you're right.
No...........By the way, you said electabuzz will evolve at lvl 40 but i trained mine till lvl 41 and nothing happened?!

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
Ash, I'll clear this up ;)

Canalave? I was never there
The ghost town + gym [4th badge] is in darkdusk and the hack ends there
because the way to the next town is where the tiles end

His words probably got screwed up there. He meant to say that the Beta in the old version ended at Canalave, and he suggests to Setomaru to begin playing the newer Beta, which you're playing. The newer Beta ends after receiving the 4th badge.

No...........By the way, you said electabuzz will evolve at lvl 40 but i trained mine till lvl 41 and nothing happened?!

Ash didn't say that, I did (Sorry, I know colors can get confusing). I thought you were talking about the current Beta, which threw me off because I don't recall a Magmar or Electabuzz...ever being in there. We aren't really helping anyone with the old Beta's because they're...well...old? :D

If you want help in the future, keep up with the new Beta's. I know the old ones are more complete, but these new ones have amazing graphics and are far better gameplay wise. It's just shortened a little.

Oh, and sorry, I don't know how Electabuzz/Magmar evolve in the old Beta's, I've only ever quickly gone through them before (Aka got an awesome Pokemon, super-boosted it's stats, gave it totally awesome moves, and played through the game...♫♪♫hacking all the way♫♪♪ :P )

Last edited:

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015

His words probably got screwed up there. He meant to say that the Beta in the old version ended at Canalave, and he suggests to Setomaru to begin playing the newer Beta, which you're playing. The newer Beta ends after receiving the 4th badge.

Ash didn't say that, I did (Sorry, I know colors can get confusing). I thought you were talking about the current Beta, which threw me off because I don't recall a Magmar or Electabuzz...ever being in there. We aren't really helping anyone with the old Beta's because they're...well...old? :D

If you want help in the future, keep up with the new Beta's. I know the old ones are more complete, but these new ones have amazing graphics and are far better gameplay wise. It's just shortened a little.

Oh, and sorry, I don't know how Electabuzz/Magmar evolve in the old Beta's, I've only ever quickly gone through them before (Aka got an awesome Pokemon, super-boosted it's stats, gave it totally awesome moves, and played through the game...♫♪♫hacking all the way♫♪♪ :P )
Thanks for clearing things out :)

Years
Oh sorry my fault, anyway can u tell me where i can get the latest version rom? I don't have a PC so i can't Patch it my self, also if you give me the .sav file it would be very great!Thankz

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
The English Patch is in the first page.

I downloaded that I think. But I did it off his site. Is there a ROM that is fully in english. Not complaining, and I have already seen previous pages. And if its not in fully in english can you tell me the progress.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
This HACK Has Always Been My Favourite And it Will ALways will be but umm i dont know if this is a bug or not but after receiving starter and going in to prof jasses house i see an omastar at the table and when i clicked on it it joined my team cool!!! hoping for this to be in English soon:)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This HACK Has Always Been My Favourite And it Will ALways will be but umm i dont know if this is a bug or not but after receiving starter and going in to prof jasses house i see an omastar at the table and when i clicked on it it joined my team cool!!! hoping for this to be in English soon:)
No it isn't bug it's on purpose but I think Wes wanted to put Elekid there xD

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Nice but will you ever finish it?

Yes, because it's too awesome to be given up on.
By the way, Ash, I don't think Wesley wanted to
put Elekid at the beginning of the Hack. He wanted to put Omastar because
it's very strong and the Hack can be quite hard without it.

Anyways, I think that you should send a APS patch to
Wesley. He would put it on the 1st page if you did that, right?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
By the way, Ash, I don't think Wesley wanted to
put Elekid at the beginning of the Hack. He wanted to put Omastar because
it's very strong and the Hack can be quite hard without it.
Yeah you might be right... I just thought that Omastar was misspelled as Elekid so I thought Wes wanted to put Elekid ;)

Anyways, I think that you should send a APS patch to
Wesley. He would put it on the 1st page if you did that, right?
Maybe I've already done it... well I'm gonna do it again.

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
Whew, I leave for a day or two and suddenly there's a load of unanswered/left questions. Well, here we go:

Oh sorry my fault, anyway can u tell me where i can get the latest version rom? I don't have a PC so i can't Patch it my self, also if you give me the .sav file it would be very great!Thankz

I can't tell you where to get the ROM on the forums, because it's against the rules. However, I'll PM you about that so you can give me more details on what it is you need.

Ever answered my question above?

I have a split answer for you:

1. If you're asking for a complete beta, then no, the one in Portuguese isn't even complete.
2. If you're asking for a beta in English, then the one on the first page is all we have. Pardon some grammatical and spelling mistakes, because it's hard to fit complete sentences into a ROM and still have enough space to add more text elsewhere. Our personal apologies for those, but most aren't fixable.

Maybe I've already done it... well I'm gonna do it again.

Hmm...I've been trying to get through to him for some time now about putting a white screen fixing tutorial in the first post, but it keeps telling me his inbox is full. Do you think if I posted it on his visitor board it might work?

how far does New Beat 2 go? atleast to what Gym?

It goes up to the 4th gym, which when you think about the graphics and the complete remapping/scripting/spriting/redoing of the game is very impressive.
Hope you enjoy it, I know I did! ;)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

I have a split answer for you:

1. If you're asking for a complete beta, then no, the one in Portuguese isn't even complete.
2. If you're asking for a beta in English, then the one on the first page is all we have. Pardon some grammatical and spelling mistakes, because it's hard to fit complete sentences into a ROM and still have enough space to add more text elsewhere. Our personal apologies for those, but most aren't fixable.

I've checked the English version quite a lot of times,
and I'm sure that there are no grammar mistakes.
My eye never fails in observation.

Back