• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
(Sorry this is so late...)

The girl's lungs filled with smoke, making her cough and almost gag, that is until everything cleared around the unknown area. Surrounding her were oddly dressed people, all of them appearing a little unique. They were staring at Maka, along with some other people who were sprawled on the ground in just as much confusion as she was. Who were they? Where was she? Glancing behind her was a boy, both of them exchanging looks before she turned to face him. His eyes were wide with…surprise? She could hear him mumble something under his breath before running up to the nearest adult, pleading for a second chance at something she obviously didn't know about.

The man shook his head, the unknown people in the room bursting into laughter. "You're a disgrace, Alex!" a yell came from behind, Maka turning to see who it had came from, and who it was directed at. Though the source was hidden in the crowds, she guessed it was directed to the boy in front of her, who was approaching her hesitantly. The girl stepped back before falling down. "Don't you dare-" Maka said, before the boy kissed her square on the lips. Her face wrote disgust all over it, her almost smacking the boy away although he had already backed up. Along with that, her hands soon began to burn. She clenched her teeth in refusal to let out a cry out pain, her vision soon also blurring as the pain went through. Words urged to come out of her mouth, only to be cut off through the heavy sleepiness that took over.

----------------------------------------

Waking up, a yawn came into the room as she got up from her small slumber. Something told her to keep sleeping, but she got up anyways. "What a horrible dream," Maka thought to herself, rubbing her eyes before noticing that she was on a straw bed. Her eyes widened. "Oh god...". Switching her focus to the nearest door, the girl ran for it, gripping on tightly while using all of her strength to try and pry it open. Adrenaline kicked in immediately, the doorknob snapping off. She was shocked it had came clean off, although her other senses also came through as she heard footsteps from behind. Maka guessed it was the boy without having to look around, though she did anyways to confirm her suspicion. Studying him closer, the boy appeared to be around her age, with tanned skin and brown hair. He had some nasty scars on his arms, too, along with a bracelet. Otherwise he was frowning at her, and for a minute she was almost scared. Trying to run right away wasn't going to work. It wasn't helpful she had just broken the door either.

"Umm, sorry about that…I honestly didn't know I was that strong," Maka said with a smile, setting the knob down. Peering at her hand she saw many strange markings, all of which were complicated and made no sense. They perked her interest, and looking back at the boy, she guessed they had time to chat. Everything was so weird, so abnormal. This 'Alex' person was also creepy. However, thinking harder about it, she guessed that becoming friends with him would earn her some freedom. Perhaps she could escape back home…wherever that was. But for now, learning the basics was going to help.

"So, Alex…mind explaining some stuff to me? Like, where I am, and what the hell is going on?" she asked, sounding threatening but calm at the same time. Calmer than she was, but her poker face was on and it would have to stay there for awhile. Maka knew she couldn't do much to the boy as to seriously injure him, unless of course her new strength kicked in again. She just hoped he wouldn't know anything about that.

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"Students I regret to inform you that your friend and loved one Smantha has died in her sleep... Despite our best magical cures we could not heal her I'm sure most of you know by now the severity of the matter. Samantha was found with three enchanted arrows in her chest. The magic used was completely uknown to us... but it bore a dark and sinister precense. This has led us to believe the culprit may be a member of the long lost heritage of.... the void mage." Kenna's head master announced.

'Mist' still had his hand tightly around her arm, Kenna was quite glad because that was the only thing that was keeping her standing up. She had known Samantha very well, they used to be best friends before Kenna's brother died. Now to hear that Samantha had been killed, this was too much for her to handle.

Void magic was not something to be messed with. Kenna had read about it a few times. It was something she hoped to avoid ever facing, but now she had no choice. It might have killed Samantha, what was going to happen if it killed some other student too?

Kenna was getting really scared. She could hear that her head master was still talking but she was not listening to a word he was saying. All of her shock and fear must of been written all over her face because 'Mist' loosened his grip on her arm and met her gaze with a concerned look in his eyes.

While looking at the floor, Kenna tried to calm her self down. She did not handle death very well. She could not help freaking out. She tried to think of something else to think about but her mind refused. She knew deep down that there was going to be even more murders however she could not bring her self to believe it.

When she finally took a deep breath and looked up, 'Mist' had his attention fixed on the students around him. They were all still whispering about Samantha's death and Void magic.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh had been so caught up that he barely realised he had been holding Kennas arm still, she seemed forlorn and upset. Josh could somehow sense that she was heartbroken, that she had known the dead girl from before. She looked close to tears almost.

How Josh could have known so much about her was still a mystery, perhaps the contract turning him into a familiar had granted him the ability to tell when she was upset? How she was feeling? He knew he had to say something... but what, he barely knew the girl yet he felt a strong urge to comfort her. He loosened her arm and put his hands on her shoulders he looked her right in the eye and spoke.

"I...I don't know why... but I can tell that the girl who... y'know was somehow connected to you..." Josh stuttered out.

"I know how you feel... recently I also..." Josh stopped.

He didn't even tell his best friend Robert back home that... he wasn't going to tell a total stranger.

"I... nothing forget that last part." Josh looked away from her, what was he thinking?

"Look I just... I just kinda... Look this wierd thing on my hand is making me worry about you so cheer up before Im forced to get any more mixed signals." Josh finished as he turned away.

Why? Why had he come so close to telling her about that... he didn't tell anyone about that... nobody... It, it was probably that stupid contract messing up his mind. Yeah that must be it, he was just being brainwashed by some stupid magic. It wouldn't happen again. He still sensed the sadness of the girl who stood behind him. He tried to ignore it... but it was hard.

He glanced back at her briefly then turned and faced ahead.

The woman stood upon the outside windowsill of the grand hall, she held her bow firmly and prepared herself for what was to come.

She closed her eyes as she felt tears glisten upon them, she didn't want to have to kill these innocent children, but her master commanded it she had no choice. She perched herself in front of the window and drew back her bow looking for the right target.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku's ears perked up as he heard his mage's voice for the first time. It sounded soft. She didn't sound like she liked to talk often. The boy could relate in a way. He didn't like talking to people that often, but he still talked. Mostly to himself; if he just wanted to hear the sound of someone talking or he couldn't find someone who'd bother to listen. In any case, he turned to see the mage, or Miharu, as she called herself, bowing to him. At least he didn't have to gambol on whether or not she'd get startled by being woken up.

"Oh, er, my apologies. I didn't know you awoke," Kiroku said, bowing with respect in return, "Kiroku-- Kiroku Morir's my name. And yeah, I would like to know what's going on and why I'm here; if that's not any trouble. It's not every day you're suddenly swept off your feet and into a quick liplock with a girl... or am I still dreaming? This is both interesting and strange on a very high level."

A quick lash of pain seared from the mark on his hand. It would be the first time he felt pain in a dream, but maybe he was in some sort of coma and couldn't wake up. Either way, ignoring that dark thought he had, he was more concerned about the marking that appeared on his hand than the pain from it. "And, could you explain this mark on my hand?" Kiroku asked, raising his marked hand, "I'm not very versed in this form of writing."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu chuckled, a small and light sound, at her familiar'sn-Kiroku's- questions.

"There is no need to apologize," she stated quietly, her voice still fairly raspy. "You are currently at the Tristein Academy; an Academy of Magic. If I am correct, then you must be from Earth. In my class, I was expected to summon a familiar; a partner, if you will. I called upon you; apparently you are my familiar. The, liplock, as you say-" Miharu's lips twitched upwardly "-was to create a magical contract; binding us together. The seal on your hand is the physical sense of the contract. Sadly enough, familiars can also be known as slaves and may 'punish' you if you do not treat me with the proper respect. However, I quite dislike such barbaric notions and as such, you may only treat me with the respect that you feel is correct. Be warned, people in public may not like quite showings of any disrespect or pride that you might show in public; especially from someone that is supposedly a 'commoner' as yourself. You must keep up appearances in public. In private, however, you may act as you wish. And, no, this is not a dream; this is very much reality. I apologize if you want this to just be a dream."

She had never talked so much in her life; not even as a child! She was quite amazed that her voice hadn't given up on her in the middle, or at the end, of her sudden lecture.

Anything that Kiroku might have commented on was interrupted by a letter, that snuck through the opening of the door, speaking to them.

"All students and their respected familiars are required to come to the Grand Hall for an Emergency Briefing... also a special not for those who have summoned... commoner familiars, you are to report to my office immediately first thing tommorow morning. Signed, Headmaster, Parton Awenston."

The letter than disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Miharu sighed slightly, before motioning to the door. "Shall we go?"

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
A look of annoyance crosses Kita's face as Tobias tries to calm here. She didn't like being treated like a scared child. "I'm a year older than you." She sits down heavily on the bed. "Okay, Toby, what do you want to talk about? I'm Kita."

Suddenly, a letter flew through the door of its own accord and opened itself, a voice filling the room.

"All students and their respected familiars are required to come to the Grand Hall for an Emergency Briefing... also a special not for those who have summoned... commoner familiars, you are to report to my office immediately first thing tommorow morning. Signed, Headmaster, Parton Awenston."

The letter then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Kita looks on in shock. "That happen often?"

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
"A-America? Where's that?" she asked looking at her lap, and Andre tilted his head, trying to read her thoughts as he looked into her eyes. Was this a joke? Was she kidding? If this wasn't America maybe this was somewhere in China, or Europe, but 'Where's that'? That was just wrong. But then, she didn't look like she was messing around - She really meant it. She didn't know where America was.

"You know...America? The USA? The Earth?" Andre spoke, frowning, trying to be as friendly as possible without being sarcastic or rude. But when her eyes had confusion in them, Andre stopped. She really WAS clueless. What, was she trapped in a basement without a chance to know about the outside world? Andre flinched. The description sounded like he was describing himself.

"This is Tristein Academy. It's a magic school and I'm a mage. W-Well not really I've only ever cast once successful spell. I-I summoned you yesterday th-that kiss sealed the contract which means I'm your master. W-What's your name?" She spoke, stammering, looking at the floor below. Was there something wrong with Andre? Was she too shy or was there something she wasn't telling him? But that wasn't the point. Tristein Academy? Magic School? Mage? Summoning? Contract? MAGIC? The more she talked about the place, the more Andre thought this was actually a prank joke TV show. Magic wasn't possible. Those 'Earthly' magics were all using some physic theorems and everything could be explained.

But then, what could explain the green vortex and the glyph on his hand? Wormholes?

"I-I'm Andre West..." Andre replied then scowled at himself. Now why was he stammering? He never had. Then he continued after a deep breath, "Y-you're my master? What do I have to do?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
"You know...America? The USA? The Earth?" he said frowning and Adria looked up at him even more confused. I have no idea what any of that is she thought that confusion showing in her eyes. She kept staring at the boy who seemed to be deep in thought and he flinched before finally speaking. "I-I'm Andre West..." he said stammering seeming a little nervous to her before he took a deep breath. "Y-you're my master? What do I have to do?"

Adria looked at him "Y-Yeah Andre I'm your Master. T-They had me set up the straw for my familiar but I didn't e-expect to get a commoner. Soon I'll get another bed in here" she whispered looking at him again. "As for what you have to do. Just do whatever I ask you to do. But don't worry I'll never ask for stuff unless I can do something in return." she said just as a letter flew through the door making her jump landing on the floor startled.

"All students and their respected familiars are required to come to the Grand Hall for an Emergency Briefing... also a special note for those who have summoned... commoner familiars, you are to report to my office immediately first thing tommorow morning. Signed, Headmaster, Parton Awenston." a voice came from the letter before it disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Adria got carefully off the floor and took Andre's arm gently. "Just stay close to me" she whispered leading him to the grand hall.

Adria stood looking up at her headmaster keeping Andre by her side "Students I regret to inform you that your friend and loved one Smantha has died in her sleep..." he said more after that but this was all Adria heard. Smantha had been one of her only friends and Adria had been to visit her earlier praying for her recovery. But now. She was gone. These thought's where all it took before the tears that had built up in her eyes to fall.

Adria started crying and her knees gave out but no other student nearby payed attention or cared as they whispered about void magic. "Silence!" The headmasters voice cried.

"Her Highness, princess Leonda, has sent some of her personal guards to remove the body.... I know some of you must be very upset and scared at the posibility of void magic... But trust me, the other teacher and I will protect the first years and you older students can rely on your familiars for protection." he said and Adria tried to stand again barely managing to through her tears.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Taking all this information in at once was a little difficult to swallow. He wasn't even on Earth anymore. What seemed worse, though, was that he seemed to have been summoned to a place equally concerned with appearances. And this girl, probably as uninterested to the notion as he was, could very well abuse him for transgressing. No doubt that she might have to when considering this is in fact a school. Kiroku grimaced, though not to the possibility of physical discipline. He had to know why he was here in this world. Not because of the summoning; why familiars were called upon in the first place? For all he knew, he was being dragged into water far above his head. This could be bad.

But before Kiroku could say anything, the letter sounded from the floor next to the door. Both of them were being called for an assembly. It sounded urgent, but the boy couldn't help but be fascinated by the letter talking on its own. He has only seen it in movies, but now it was happening right before his eyes. Magic. This was for real. As the note disappeared in a puff of smoke, Miharu motioned for the door. "Shall we go?"

"I don't have the key, and I'm not sure where this Hall is, sorry," Kiroku said as he rubbed the back of his neck with one hand. Miharu seemed to make a small chuckle again. As bad as it sounds for commoners, her familiar seemed like he could pull off the public appearance of a loyal one.

"Right, I have that," Miharu muttered to herself as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the key to get out. Kiroku stared as his mage walked to the door and unlocked it. He was rather glad he didn't try to search her person for the key; he had no way of knowing if there was a special place she kept it in her room but she just happened to have it on her or not, but even if he found it he'd probably get into some deep trouble on his own outside the room. And this was a school for magic, so there was no telling what could happen to him out there. Maybe now he was just the faintest bit timid about leaving. Miharu motioned for him to walk outside the room.

"Um, wouldn't it be better for you to first? It might look bad if I come out first," Kiroku said as he looked out the now open door. There were people in the hall, and no doubt going to the same place. Many of them, as Kiroku could now see, didn't have Human/commoner familiars. There were a lot of animal breeds, both familiar and unfamiliar to the boy, and some that might have been actual spirits. However, commoners, like him, were frowned upon, and seemed to be rare cases. Things were showing proof that he might've been right about the situation being bad.

"I am the one with the key; I will lock up this time and entrust a copy or something to you later, okay?" Miharu said, still a little raspy. Kiroku nodded to himself nervously as he slowly stepped out of the room. The girl locked the door behind him and then came out herself as she shut the door. "Follow me."

Kiroku did as instructed and followed behind his mage. This was normal, right? It had to be. Being behind her meant she was dominant, as the school probably wanted it to look. Not to say he was secretly the superior one; he hadn't the foggiest clue what was going on around here! Still, it might've been nice to walk side-by-side with her. He had some questions he wanted to ask. "Hey, Miharu?" Kiroku asked, whispering as loud as he could without arousing anyone else to the fact that he was talking. He thought it'd be easier on Miharu, too. "Why am I here-- as in, why was I summoned? What do familiars do for magi here? And I can't help but remember that note. It said: 'for those who have summoned commoner familiars.' I'm not the only one?"

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
As they left, Kiroku managed to walk behind Miharu without being told, telling her that perhaps they would be able to "pretend" that they were really master and servant, instead of the partnership that Miharu was trying to go for.

Suddenly, Kiroku spoke quietly, too quietly for anyone else, but Miharu to hear.

"Hey, Miharu? Why am I here-- as in, why was I summoned? What do familiars do for magi here? And I can't help but remember that note. It said: 'for those who have summoned commoner familiars.' I'm not the only one?"

Miharu inclined her head slightly. "Sharp ears. Yes, apparently, a few others had managed to get 'commoner' familiars as well. If wanted, you may go talk to them about your situation, although you may have to get their masters' permission in order to do so. As for what familiars do for magi here, well, they help their magi with problems, or help protect them in battle. Most are just slaves to their masters, not being able to think, or be able to refuse their masters order. It is all because of the symbol on your hand; it does the harming for 'us' when familiars disobey. However, since I have given you permission by doing things you want, due to the partnership, you would not be 'punished' by the seal. As for why you were summoned, I told you, I was summoning a familiar in class and I somehow managed to get you. Again, I apologize if you miss your home, or your family. I know it probably is a lot to take in right now..."

Miharu trailed off. They arrived at the main hall. All of the students were there, and she had managed to spot some people in different clothing as the students; obviously the 'commoner' familiars. However, before she could make contact with the magi and the 'commoner' familiars, the headmaster began to speak.

"Students I regret to inform you that your friend and loved one Samantha has died in her sleep... Despite our best magical cures we could not heal her I'm sure most of you know by now the severity of the matter. Samantha was found with three enchanted arrows in her chest. The magic used was completely unknown to us... but it bore a dark and sinister presence. This has led us to believe the culprit may be a member of the long lost heritage of....the void mage."

Although Miharu hadn't known Samantha very well, she still felt a brief pang of loss; after all, a classmate just died, and she would be heartless not to feel anything. However, she still didn't know much about Samantha, and as such, did not feel her loss as strongly as others. What she was curious about was the void mage. Why would it show an appearance now? Something at the school might have brought on to the void mage's attack. Miharu's eyes narrowed. Could it possibly because of the 'commoner' familiars that have been summoned? That...That would only make sense if Samantha was attacked when the familiars were summoned. Still, something about the situation, and about the meeting, set warning bells in Miharu's brain.

She glanced at Kiroku, wondering if she should tell him her suspicions. No, it was too soon for that. It might just be too much information that Kiroku could handle at this time. No, she would keep her suspicions to herself; for now, at least.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
The woman had loosely aimed her arrow at a girl who was being held by a boy dressed in a black trenchcoat, she had an upset look on her face.

The woman felt a tear of shame fade into her eye as she frew back her bow, she released her arrow and the chaos infused obsidian arrow launched itself at the girl.

Josh barely had any time to react his hand began to sting suddenly and he felt instinct take over he grabbed Kenna and dropped her to the ground. A black arrow zipped right past them and broke off the ground and Josh heard the smash of a window as a woman with a black cloak landed upon the ground. She didn't say a word she simply redrew her bow and aimed it straight at Josh he rolled out of the way taking Kenna with him, they stood up and Josh drew his dagger.

The headmaster cried some kind of incantation as a barage of spells was launched from his staff.

They simply bounced off the woman and were sent flying back at the headmaster.

"void magic...." He murmured as his own spells knocked him to the floor.

The woman took no notice and simply drew back her bow once more.

Josh charged her before she could fire. Students were panicking and running away as he ran towards the woman. Terrified teachers helped them out. Josh couldn't see what Kenna was doing.

Josh struck out at the woman but his dagger barely got near her before the same force that had repelled the headmasters magic had launched him back. He somehow managed to land on his feet. Josh saw Kenna behind him. The woman aimed an arrow at her and Josh suddenly felt a severe pain in his hand as his ruins began to glow... suddenly his knowledge of fighting increased and he felt a strange energy flowing through. Just as the arrow was fired Josh slice it in two before it hit its mark. The woman looked at him in surprise but smiled when she saw his hands markings.

"So you are Gandalfr also?" She said.

Josh looked at her with confused eyes.

"What?"

The woman glanced at him with a less impressed smirk.

"No matter... now die" She aimed an arrow... but it wasn't aimed at Josh it was aimed at another student who was running away.

It hit its mark and the student fell to the floor in pain. He moaned and groaned but he wasn't dead when Josh turned around the woman was gone.

Joshs attention was turned back to the boy. He was screaming now and just as a teacher approached him a strange heart shaped redish-black light appeared below the boy... and then it happened.

It was so incredibly disturbing that it was hard to explain.

The boys fingernails grew large and cut his own hands that had began to bubble their flesh as the grew larger and turned black, almost like a shadow, his feet took on a similar role, bursting from his shoes as his back began to arch and his spine protruded as spikes all of which were turning the same shade of black. After the blackness covered his body his face eyes burned a chaotic red and were the only part of his body you didn't have to squint at to examine the detail.

The boy... now more beast charged at Josh with all its might throwing him to the side and beginning to attack anyone in sight, luckily most of the students had already been evacuated.

Josh stood himself up and watched as the beast attacked everything and everyone.

The woman had returned to the chamber of the void clock to find her master still watching it with obsession.

"Master... the task has been done but I had slight difficulty doing so... the humans they summoned... they are..."

"Gandalfr." The man finished the sentence for her.

"I know that... I knew that from the moment they appeared. Gandalfr or not they have absolutely no idea what powers they have. I have nothing to fear from them."

"But sir... its not their skills you should fear..." The woman said.

The mans ears perked, he was interested now.

"Oh then what is it I have to fear from them?"

The woman gulped.

"One of them fought me in defense of his master... He was able to make an annoyance of himself using his familiar instinct alone. I fear that when they recieve some training the whole of them may be too much for me... maybe even for you..."

The man sneered.

"Do you doubt the power of the void child..."

The woman reeled back in denial.

"No, No! Of course not I simply worry for my masters safety... I do not wish him to be hurt..."

The man smiled.

"My dear, dear Adriel. There is no need for your concern." He took the womans face in his hand and she shied away, fearing that he may hurt her.

"The plan so far has gone according to plan."

He kissd the womans neck as she pulled away more.

"The Chaos heart is pleased with our progress and plans to reward us for our loyalty." The man released the woman who had a look af dismay and disgust upon her face.

"Now all we must do is continue at this pace and we will live like Gods..." The man said his voice heavy with anticipation.

"Yes my Master..." The woman replied shamefully.

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"You don't need to apologize... there was no way for you to know. Honestly, it was either fate or my luck that made me be picked; be it good or bad," Kiroku whispered as they entered the Hall. There was no way around it. He wasn't going back any time soon. No family, no old life, and no friends from before. On the other hand, the list of people that he cared about, or he thought would care that he's gone, came short. They probably didn't even want to declare him missing; just dead and long gone. A sort of hatred brewed inside of him. In truth, he was all alone back on Earth, and people only helped to build the bars between him and everyone else. They didn't care; they wanted his life to be a living Hell. It made them feel better about their pathetic lives. How he hated every last one of them. Sure he was gone now, and may never return, but they'd find someone else. Pity and empathy on the poor individual who was next.

Gritting his teeth, the boy was shaking violently behind his mage. He used a great deal of his willpower just to restrain himself and keep it to himself. It was the first time that he ever really thought about life back on Earth, and it filled him with a confusing blend of rage and sorrow. If he didn't have to keep his appearance in public, and if the two were alone in Miharu's room, he might've tried to hit a wall with all his might and break down. Everything he had to bottle up wanted to surface all at once. This was the first time he was free to think about it; the bittersweet fact about all of this was that it made no difference what he thought about Earth now. He could've had the biggest case of homesickness or the loudest cheer for leaving and it would have no point. Not even when we won, and he didn't have to suffer his own world anymore, the Earth had it's last laugh by making every conflict void of any closure. As far as the boy was concerned, it was as good as letting them off the hook. Knowing all this made it felt like Kiroku's heart was being ripped apart on the inside. There was nothing that the brand could do to possibly hurt him more; the only worse punishment would be finding the way back to Earth and being forced to return to everything. He prayed where he stood, hoping that it was impossible, at least for him, to ever return to Earth. "---- that; I don't ever want to go back..." Kiroku whispered as soft as he could, his words trembling on his breaking point, "I want to stay here..."

Kiroku stood quietly as he heard the headmaster speak. Death had occurred recently? There was no way to tell who this girl was, but the boy lowered his head with respect all the same. At least now if Miharu had heard him his hair could shield his eyes. They weren't welling up with tears, which would probably seem amazing if anyone saw his inner workings at this moment, but they felt close. It wouldn't be proper to cry for himself here, so he kept them back. Besides, Miharu didn't need to know. She seemed nice, and probably had her own problems to deal with. He couldn't bother her with his own woes. Am I just looking to cry? Man am I pathetic... the boy thought as he relaxed himself and calmed his thoughts.

But then the woman jumped into the fray and started to cause havoc. Not only did she knock the headmaster off his feet, but she also started to pick out another target among the frenzy of people. She aimed and fired her bow. Kiroku paused as he felt the wind brush against him as the arrow flew by. Too close, but the same could be said for the boy who got struck. Turning around to see, the boy had a some-what front row seat to the boy suddenly changing. It was so horrid-- so grotesque, too. The other boy was now a monster, and threw one of the boys ("Another person from Earth-- just like me!") and began rampaging. Instinctively, Kiroku swung an arm behind him and forced Miharu close. She'd be safe if she remained behind him now, but after the initial force the boy made sure that she could break free from his hold if she decided against it. "What do we do, Miharu...? Fight or flight?" Kiroku asked, not taking any chances with the beast as it stormed the Hall.

Years
Tobias looks at Kita in surprise as she sits by him. Hardly anyone called him "Toby" anymore. Only his mother and brother ever used that name. And hers was Kita...

His thoughts were interrupted by the letter, which annoys and worries him at the same time. Annoyed at having to go to a boring meeting, worried about the specific summons from the Headmaster.

Kita looks on in shock. "That happen often?"

Toby shakes his head, rising. "No. It's a big deal when it does. Let's go. Stick close to me."

----

Toby only half pays attention to the Headmaster's speech, but when the students around him react, he decides he should go with the crowd. He tries to look surprised, but ends up looking like he just snapped awake. The Headmaster yells for silence, and Toby goes back to his neutral expression. When he makes the comment about familiars protecting the students, he looks up at Kita, almost grinning. I'll have to protect her, more like. Poor clueless kitten...

Suddenly, chaos strikes as a boy throws a girl to the ground. A sound f breaking glass is heard, and the Headmaster fires off several spells, only for them to be reflected back at him. Toby looks around for the source of the confusion, and students flee in terror. In the vacancy left behind, he sees a monstrous beast charging a boy. Toby briefly notes the remains of a uniform on the beast, and the lack of one on the boy.

Toby concentrates on his magic, visualising the wind, trying to wrangle it to his will. He focuses on a breeze, and puts as much of his magic into it as possible. He throws as much pure wind as he can at the black beast, hoping to have some effect.

((Generally when Toby uses wind magic, he loses control and ends up with uncontrollable gusts of wind. Here, that's what he's going for.))

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
The beast knocked Kenna flying with one quick hit. 'Mist' was no where to be seen. With all of the kids running around and getting tossed across the room like rage dolls, he was not going to be easy to spot. With all of the kids screaming, it was hard to make sense of everything that was going on.

New fear was building up inside Kenna. She had no idea how she was going to defend herself from this beast or even make it out of there alive. She tried to sit up but her body was felt too heavy to move so she fell back down. She must have wounded herself but she could feel no pain, all she felt was fear and lots of it.

Suddenly a boy she didn't recognize landed right next to her and yelled out with pain. He wasn't moving and blood was starting to flow around him. She took one look at the beast and gasped as it started to charge in her direction.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh was still groggy from the previous blow and he felt memories of the past flash through his mind.

He remembered his family the most... he had grown so distant from them yet... he knew he would miss them....

A sudden stinging he felt in his hand woke him up he turned just in time to see the malformed student toss Kenna across the room. There was a couple of students still in the room as well as some of the other ones not wearing uniform.

Josh realised that his pain was a warning system, it went off when he disobeyed an order and... when Kenna was in trouble. He turned his head just in time to see the creature toss her across the room she looked hurt...

Josh didn't stand a chance against this thing and every fiber of his being was shouting "Run! Run and hide" All except for one part of his head that was telling her to save her... to make sure she was safe. He knew it was his familiar contract. He chose to listen to it anyway. It was there but he didn't have to listen to it, this was his choice.

Josh saw a weapons showcase cabinet at the back of the hall. It housed various weapons of non-magical quality for display. Without thinking Josh smashed the cabinet and took the nearet wepon he could reach. A gunblade... A sword with a top that flipped back to reveal a single gunbarrel. Josh grabbed it aswell as a case of ammo that was also on display.

Josh ran towards Kenna, the beast had the same idea but Josh had gotten a head start. He slid in front of Kenna just as the beast reached her and held his new weapon up in defense. The beast collided with him and Josh was barely able to stand his ground.

The beast was about twice the size of a cow and it pushed with a superhuman ammount of strength that was easily pushing Josh back. But Josh wasn't trying to keep it away. No Josh was simply turning it. While he did his best to hold it steady he began to sidestep to the right turning the beast around and using its rage to make it not notice. He managed to turn it away from Kenna before his Rusty old gunblade snapped and he was sent flying back.

Josh thought he was done for when a wild gust of wind came and pushed the best to the side knocking it over, Josh turned to the mage who had launched it and nodded. Josh picked up the sanpped remains of the gunblade, it still had its barrel and trigger. Josh quickly loaded a shell and fired it towards the overturned beast. It had a thick his=de but the bullet had wounded. The beast stood up with a small ammount of blood dripping from its wound.

The battle was far from over.

The beast charged at Josh who gingerly sidestepped and watched as it plowed into the wall.

He didn't think for the beast anymore he simply rushed to Kennas side.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

Before she could answer the beast was charging at them again. Josh was totally off guard. He couldn't stop it at this rate. He simply closed his eyes and awaited what could have been the killing blow.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Kiroku stepped in front of Miharu, as if shielding her. She was fairly annoyed, but let it slide. Although she was fairly weak magically, physically she was quite strong. She was especially well-versed in the 'sealing arts', or Runes. Which is why she sneaked some weapons into the school and added some runes.

"We fight, of course," she stated, and leaped into action. Literally.

She jumped over Kiroku, flipping as she did so, letting a barrage of ice needles; the only thing that she was able to do correctly. They all landed on the monster on the vitals; the heart, liver, neck, and head. Some of her lessons in her childhood really stuck with her.

She landed in front of the person that the monster had aimed for and pushed them off to the side.

"What? Is it your time of the month?" taunted Miharu, changing from her withdrawn persona to her sarcastic, witty, taunting, infuriating persona.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku laughed weakly to himself as he watched his mage side-step him from above and attack the beast. She was also showing a new side of her, and this part seemed more chatty at the cost of some tact. "Somehow I think she managed to pull both off at the same time," the boy said, sighing as he prepared to leap in, too, "Not sure how this is going to turn out, but let's give it a try!" Running as fast as he could, he darted past Miharu and the other two and charged straight for the beast. He couldn't help but notice that he was a little faster now. Strange, but what else could he do in a fight? Taking his mage's maneuver around him and adapting it to his own needs, he managed to flip over the beast's incoming claws and land, without hands, land back on his feet.

With the beast caught off-guard, the boy ran back to the beast and leaped into a kick. It hits square in the back, but puts him in the perfect place for the beast's arm to swing around and bar him in the stomach. The full swing sends Kiroku into the air, but far from helpless. Finding a support beam, he reaches out for it and catches it. This allows him to swing back into the fray. Raising his right leg over his head, the boy takes his turn to taunt the beast. "Hey! Finish the job next time!" the boy yelled as he let the right leg swing down at full momentum and bashing the beast in the head. At best it would be stunned for just a moment.

A sudden flush of whimsy came over Kiroku as he used his kicking leg again to backflip off the beast and land right beside Miharu. He was laughing the whole time he did it, too. "Holy crap since when could I manage to do that?! " the boy laughed in disbelief. For his first ever fight in the new world, he seemed rather lighthearted about it. Better yet, his feeling of being faster was also complimented by other boosts in his performance. Strength, agility, will, and even defense (that forearm to the stomach was rather painful, but it did less than he imagined!) seemed unnatural. Maybe he picked some kind of magic up when he got summoned here? It wasn't enough to permanently down the beast, but it still made him feel good.

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
"Y-Yeah Andre I'm your Master. T-They had me set up the straw for my familiar but I didn't e-expect to get a commoner. Soon I'll get another bed in here" Adria whispered, looking at him again. "As for what you have to do. Just do whatever I ask you to do. But don't worry I'll never ask for stuff unless I can do something in return."

So basically, Andre was her servant for life. Slave until the end of eternity. Butler for the rest of his life. That was...devastating, but anything could happen in a magical academy, so how normal could things be? Letting the info sink in, Andre thought about his old life, where he had to study day and night at home without actually leaving it. Life where he had to learn everything, even table manners and physical education. Life where his parents had forgotten to teach him basic communication between a boy and a girl. And well, that was exactly what he needed right now. Excellent timing, Andre thought, and I'm stuck with this girl for the rest of my life no matter what.

He thought about the bright side, though. The said she wasn't going to ask for much so that was a good thing, and she seemed to be nice, promising him that she was going to get a bed for him, so how bad could it be? Just then a letter appeared, but apparently it was magical as well. Voice projected from the piece of paper, announcing that students and familiars should report to the Grand Hall for some...strange emergency briefing. After the short announcement the letter disappeared with a 'poof', turning into green smoke.

Carefully, Adria got off the floor, reaching for Andre's arm, causing the human boy to blush deeply. Somehow he thought that this was a little too close as they had just met, but he didn't say anything and stood up as well. Walking towards the hall, Andre stayed close to her just in case something bad happened. When he was walking in the corridor, he felt a little strange, as if he was walking faster than he used to. Letting go of her for a while, Andre looked at his feet, then was surprised when they were moving at a rather high speed like a motor or something. Then when he looked around, things were blurry around him as if he was looking out a window when riding a bus or train. His feet's a blur due to fast movements, and he didn't even feel like running. It was like his feet's moving FOR him. His Volo ability was seeping into him, but the commoner had no idea.

Finally coming to a halt, Andre turned around, and he couldn't believe his eyes. He was like, 200 meters away from Adria, but looking at his watch, it wasn't possible. "Wait what?" Only 3 seconds had passed. What was happening to him? A sudden burst of speed? A new power? If I was that fast when I was actually walking, how fast can I be when I'm actually RUNNING? Deciding to find out, Andre turned and ran towards his mistress, and before he could say anything he found himself right next to her. 2 seconds.

Looking at Adria with confused eyes, Andre didn't know what to say, "O-okay I just 400 meters in 5 seconds." and after that, he took her arm, a little freaked out, and followed her into the great hall, lost for words. It was a funny scene - a boy, scared and shocked out of his pants, clenching a girl that looked rather calm compared to him.

Entering the Great Hall, Andre saw a wild beast rampaging around the place, attacking people he saw. There was a man, probably the principal on the floor and people were fleeing the place. It was total Chaos. But some remained as if they wanted to fight the beast. Just then the beast roared and charged towards a boy, which closed his eyes, ready to take the killing blow as he didn't have time to dodge it. But just then a girl charged and pushed him out of the way, saving him, and another boy joined the fray, attacking the beast.

"Good way to try my new powers." Andre told himself, letting go of her again and dashed towards the beast's back, yanking from behind, then slammed his fist onto the beast's body, knocking him forward, then before he could hit the ground, Andre swept his legs from behind with a low sweep, tripping him as well. Super enhanced speed and agility allowed him to do tons of things in mere seconds. The beast recovered quicker than he thought though, and he got up, turning around, then punched the boy right in the stomach, sending Andre flying until he tumbled onto the ground, coughing.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Adria watched in shock as Andre moved quickly to attack the beast. His moves were quick and agile faster than she had seen anyone move before. People around her were running and screaming some trying to help and some running away in terror. Either way Adria was being shoved around until she fell to the ground. She stood just in time to see Andre collapse to the ground coughing. "Andre!" she yelled running over to him "Are you okay?" she whispered before looking up to see the beast looking at her.

Adria gulped a bit and stood up shaking a little in fear. She took a shaky breath and closed her eyes and Andre could hear her mutter "Please Work" as the beast moved towards them. Adria attempted to cast a jet of water. One of the most simplest spells and for once it worked just not how she wanted it to. Instead of hitting the beast and making it fly back away from them it backfired and hit the caster. Adria was sent back and hit the wall not far behind them and lay on the ground in to much pain to move helpless as the beast moved towards her.

(short I know but I have school soon)

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh charged and took his destroyed gunblade with him. He jumped on the creatures back and held on to its knife like spine. The others had distracted him long enough for him to make his move. He aimed his gun at the creatures back.

"Don't think Im going to let you kill one of those who helped me!" He shot the gun and the creature roared out in pain.

How was he doing this? He couldn't hurt a fly back home... yet now... he felt his ruins sting more and more until they began to glow with an ominous black light. Words he didn't understand were rushing through Joshs mind, they were all in some odd language. It almost sounded... Latin? Two words stuck out in the teens mind.

Psychicae Nectunt.

Joshs eyes began to glow and he felt every little bit he knew about combat and more flow into his mind. He targeted the limbs of the beast as he shot. By doing this he was able to make the creature frenzy and charge. They were heading toward a fallen chandelier, he grabbed some chains while they rushed past and threw them across the room to the others.

"Now!" He cried.

"Use them to trip the beast up!"

Josh shot the beasts front right leg. Causing it to swerve and turn around. Charging at the others. He did his best to hold onto the beasts spine as it charged.

Back