• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2009
Ok, so I'm trying to edit the title screen of pokemon firered.
I'm replacing the Charizard with an image within the correct dimensions.
After tilemapping and doing everything CORRECTLY:
I needed to change the palette, because instead of having proper colors(black and red), it was yellow and white. Finally, in the finishing product after using APE, it becomes invisible.
I need help, because I don't know what went wrong.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This is probably a noob-ish question, but how do you know how many bytes does a script need?

My way to know how many bytes the script needs is if you save it either as an rbc file or just a plain txt file.
You can view it's properties and you can see the size. ;)

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I have a quick question that hopefully someone can help me with:

My hack is set in the United States, and I'd really like the prices of items, prize money, etc to reflect the American dollar rather than the Japanese yen (for example, Pokeballs costing 2 dollars rather than 200 "yen"). Now, changing the prices of items is easy enough, but my question concerns how to change the amout of money Trainers give out when you defeat them. Is there any way to change or edit this amount so that, say, your average Bug Catcher will give you only 2 dollars and, say, a Lady will reward you with a cool 20 bucks?

Edit to add: Is it also possible to alter the amount of money you start the game with? (This is a Ruby hack, for reference :) )

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a quick question that hopefully someone can help me with:

My hack is set in the United States, and I'd really like the prices of items, prize money, etc to reflect the American dollar rather than the Japanese yen (for example, Pokeballs costing 2 dollars rather than 200 dollars). Now, changing the prices of items is easy enough, but my question concerns how to change the amout of money Trainers give out when you defeat them. Is there any way to change or edit this amount so that, say, your average Bug Catcher will give you only 2 dollars and, say, a Lady will reward you with a cool 20 bucks?

use HackMew's new tool called Advance Trainer.
It can be found in the Toolbox section.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
I hope someone can help me out here.

As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

use HackMew's new tool called Advance Trainer.
It can be found in the Toolbox section.

Well, you are going to have to edit the PokeYen Symbol in the game.

It can be found somewhere in the rom using Tile Molester or TLP. or another tile editing program... but you'll have to find that yourself...

Go in, find the $ symbol, and then copy it, then just paste it over the PokeYen sign.
PokeYen is a term used by HackMew to call the P shaped money symbol in pokemon games, I call it that too since it makes sense...

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2010
I searched the entire forums, and didn't find a single answer: How can I, or what tool do I use to, extend a GBA ROM? Whenever I go to insert a sprite with UNZLgba, it says that is is too big. So I replace the image offset with 00800000. Of course, I cannot use that again. (I tried, and whenever i got to the part where the image would be, the game freezes) I used HackMew's Free Space Finder, bu it doe the same thing. Is there a way, or a program, to extend the dataspace of a gba rom? (I am trying to Hack Pokemon LG)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I searched the entire forums, and didn't find a single answer: How can I, or what tool do I use to, extend a GBA ROM? Whenever I go to insert a sprite with UNZLgba, it says that is is too big. So I replace the image offset with 00800000. Of course, I cannot use that again. (I tried, and whenever i got to the part where the image would be, the game freezes) I used HackMew's Free Space Finder, bu it doe the same thing. Is there a way, or a program, to extend the dataspace of a gba rom? (I am trying to Hack Pokemon LG)
Yeah you can add more free space to a rom thus expanding it. You can use a hex editor or xse to do it.
as for the rest idk how to explain it so maybe someone else can...

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Extremely complicated question (I think):
How can I expand the amount of icon palettes in Pokemon Fire Red? I want to make it so that each pokemon has its own little palette so that I can truly change the icons. If I cannot do this, can someone please point me towards another way to take an actual rom (NOT Poccils essentials) and change the icon without the aid of Icon ed?

Heres a picture:
1-31-20091-19-57PM.png

Instead of editing it, I'm now asking if there is a way to expand the amount of palettes from the 3 that come in game, to more like 150.

P.S. Please answer this I really need to know so that my hack may progress!

~Des

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
My way to know how many bytes the script needs is if you save it either as an rbc file or just a plain txt file.
You can view it's properties and you can see the size. ;)
That would be the size of the file, yes? How is that useful when what you really want is the size in bytes of the compiled script? Or am I misinterpreting something?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
This is probably a noob-ish question, but how do you know how many bytes does a script need?

Quite simple. Take a look at its log: you'll see the amount of bytes needed by each command enclosed in brackets. Besides, why would you need to know the number of bytes?

My hack is set in the United States, and I'd really like the prices of items, prize money, etc to reflect the American dollar rather than the Japanese yen (for example, Pokeballs costing 2 dollars rather than 200 "yen"). Now, changing the prices of items is easy enough, but my question concerns how to change the amout of money Trainers give out when you defeat them. Is there any way to change or edit this amount so that, say, your average Bug Catcher will give you only 2 dollars and, say, a Lady will reward you with a cool 20 bucks?

Edit to add: Is it also possible to alter the amount of money you start the game with? (This is a Ruby hack, for reference :) )

Yes, there is. You can use A-Trainer beta (which is a little buggy while displaying the total amount of money, fixed already anyway). You can't change the amount directly, though. This is the formula I was able to reverse:

Code:
MoneyAmount = MaxPkmnLvl * ClassRate * 4

MaxPkmnLvl is the highest level of the Pokémon the trainer has. ClassRate is a value it depends on the class.

And yes, you can alter the amount of money you get at the very beginning. Just wait till I release one of my new tool.

You misunderstood the point of expanding the ROM. In your case you just need to find some free space, that's it. There are quite a lot of tutorials around there, so please take a look.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
How can i change the number of save staes in VBA(10) to more?

also what would it mean if the intro graphics on a diamond rom like this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back