• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genesect/Virzion/Abomasnow

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
After a booster box and an ETB. I pulled pretty much all the cards i needed for this deck. So i decided to go with it.
Though im not really sure how i want to build this deck.

Pokemon:14 (11 Basics)
2x Genesect Ex
2x Virizion Ex
1x Shaymin Ex
3-3 Abomasnow
2x Tropius
1x Genesect

Supporters:13
4x Juniper
3x N
1x Colress
1x Iris
1x Caitlin
1x Shadow Triad
2x Skyla

Trainers:
3x Ultra Ball
2x Super Rod
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Switch
2x Tool Scrapper
1x Bicycle
2x Pokemon Center
2x Exp Share
1x Silver Bangle
1x Silver Mirror
1x G Booster

Energy:
4 Plasma
10 Grass

Not really sure where i'm going with this deck yet. i only tried it against my roommate so far and he only uses 1 Ex, no plasma, and no tool cards. So i end up with a bunch of dead cards while facing him.

Though atm i know there are a few things i may change. I dont really like the pokemon center right now. It helps me a little but not enough. I might end up using Virbank and Lasers, since i usually will have no fear of status effects. Though against mirrors it will be a useless 5/6 cards. Though plasma Firgate might be another alternative to help against fire types.

I also might just take out plasma energy for catchers. I basically only use them for catcher since all of my pokemon only use 1 colorless energy, and only attaches to Genesect. so they are kinda of dead in my hand most of the time unless i need to catcher something out. I had Tornadus Ex in this deck for a bit to make use of the excess plasma energy. but i never found a good time to attach it to him. Maybe if i ran colress machines. But then i would have to run colress machine, catchers, and plasma energy.

I'm also unsure if i want to use Caitlin or Colress yet. Colress is good since i usually have a large bench. But is bad early game. Though it can also be gotten back with shadow triad. Caitlin is only good if i have tons of cards in my hand, but it allows me to selectively recycle my hand, which can help if i need to hold onto a certain card.

idk there are a lot of issues i have with this deck atm. But its only day one of deck construction. Any suggestions or comments?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Here's a list of edits I would highly suggest you do... It's just that Abombasnow isn't ideal for a speed deck like VirGen, and you shouldn't use Shaymin because this deck is about getting ahead in prizes, not fall behind and make a comeback. Shaymin will just get KO'ed quickly either way. and then you'll end up starting with it one day. Anyways, here we go!

-3 Snover
-3 Abombasnow
-1 Shaymin-EX
-1 Colress
-1 Iris
-1 Pokemon Center
-1 Silver Bangle
-1 Silver Mirror
*also, these one counts of everything makes your deck inconsistent.

+1 N
+2 Caitlin
+2 Genesect-EX
+1 Virizion-EX
+4 Pokemon Catcher (why would you even not include it in this deck? ._.")
+2 Skyla
+1 Bicycle (((only if you can get rid of a lot of your hand quickly)))

Just for fun, you may want to add in 2 Exeggcute, 1/2 Level ball, and some other 'discard 2 cards' trainers. Double Propagations change Computer Search to 'search your deck for a card and put it into your hand', and Superior Energy Retrieval becomes 'put 4 basic energy cards from your discard pile into your hand' and the best part is: Propagation refreshes every time it returns to your hand, so you can have quicker setups etc. I used this in an Unlimited deck once, its so broken haha anyways, good luck with your deck!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
i've edited this deck quite a bit since i posted it. Its focus changed quite a bit, and i have also moved on to a different deck as my main deck. Though looking at it now i sort of feel like i would make more changes to it now.

I'm actually tempted to no have Genesect Ex at all. It takes a lot of set up to make it helpful. its clunky and requires G booster to be at its best. Taking up space and my ace spec. Also makes you discard energy pretty fast. It also adds a 2 prize pokemon that Haxorus decks can catcher and OHKO.

Abomasnow is actually pretty good. With virizion in play, he can attack for 80 damage and confuse the opponent. Plus its a water pokemon that runs on grass energy so it can counter fire pokemon pretty well. 160 damage with weakness added in + confuse can make it a hard decision to try attacking. If you attack a bangle you can probably OHKO any fire type, or something weak to water.

I would possibly try something like this, if i were to go back to this deck. Genesect didnt really do much for this deck in most battles. It ended up sitting on my bench, catchering stuff and hogging energy and then discarding it for a single knock out. Even with Virizion it takes until turn 3 to have a chance to attack with Genesect Ex. I tried going the route of Abomasnow and it usually works alot better and faster. It can attack as its basic pretty quickly. Turn 2 it can start attacking with either Virizion powering it up or just by attaching energy to itself and hitting for 80 and confusing. 110 to Exs and 160 to water weak pokemon, and 220 to water weak Ex pokemon. Exp shares greatly speed up following Abomasnow.

Pokemon: 12
2x Virizion Ex
3-3 Abomasnow
3x Tropius
1x Shaymin BCR

Supporters: 12
4x Juniper
3x N
2x Skyla
1x Iris
2x Colress

Item: 22
2x Exp Share
4x Catcher
4x Hypnotoxic
2x Virbank
1x Tool Scrapper
2x Silver Bangle
1x Computer Search
2x Ultra Ball
1x Super Rod
1x Bicycle
3x Switch

Energy: 13
13 Grass

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I might buy another booster box. Who knows. Gensect/virzion are in such demand right now that if i do manage to pull another one it will pretty much allow me to trade for anything i want and probably a bunch. My last box was amazing for PB.

Plus i want to get another deck going, probably my kingdra deck since it doesnt use Ns anyway. I need more juniper, ultraball, catchers, and i would like pretty much any of the Exs in this set. Dialga mostly, as i want to try the porygon Z mill deck. I also would need another Abomasnow if i were to go 4-4

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Idk if you ever seen VirGen decks play. But it is not a speed deck. Its middle speed at best, which usually ends up with you crashing and burning. Either way i just dont like the way this deck plays. Im more into weird rogue decks either way. Speaking of which i just got inspiration for another weird one that might even work.

Back