• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

Getting the Pokémon that Vullaby replaced? What's upredictable about it? Unless of course the Vullaby replaced one of the 25 ???s.

Actually, that's only true if you replaced one of the standard Pokémon. If you added them or replaced an Unown remnant, who knows what would happen. It's possible the game would treat any hacked Pokémon as a bad egg.

Anyway, with LC at least, the whole argument is null and void because trading is completely broken.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Still no luck. Ooh, and what are the odds of seeing another Edinburgh person on here. Should I PM LaZ as suggested in opening post about my problem or is he very busy right now

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

VBA doesn't work on Android.

Getting the Pokémon that Vullaby replaced? What's upredictable about it? Unless of course the Vullaby replaced one of the 25 ???s.

I actually have asked around. In one hack yesterday, I found that the Sinnoh starters were hacked over the Hoenn starters. Therefore, someone trading a Turtwig from that game would actually be sending the other player a Treecko. Same if someone tries to send a Snivy, which replaces Poochyena; now that would be not getting what you paid for! Since they're in the 386 from Gen. III, they trade as the official Pokémon to other games.

That's why I like trading broken. That way we don't have such unpredictable trades. For some reason, some players still want trading on in these games. Apparently it's the only way they're willing to try to get Jirachi, or such. I think it's ridiculous.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
I've been playing this hack for a while now and I must say it is pretty damn awesome :D. But I'm still figuring out how to evolve certain pokemon like seadra or onix. Does somebody know?

ShadowWolf32

Near-Expert
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Ok, I got it now, looking forward to playing this VERY much.

APPARENTLY, quoting from a post counts as a "link to another site," so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

@Pegasus: Unless it has been changed in the hack, they have to be traded while holding a Dragon Scale and a Metal Coat, respectively; in effect, making them impossible to get in a hack/rom. (without cheating)

Last edited:
Years
@Pegasus: Unless it has been changed in the hack, they have to be traded while holding a Dragon Scale and a Metal Coat, respectively; in effect, making them impossible to get in a hack/rom. (without cheating)

That's not true. In Liquid Crystal Onix evolves by simply leveling up. I'm still not sure if it evolves at a certain level or if it is a happiness-based evolution though. Pegasus, just keep it on your team and it will just evolve, no need to trade. BTW, what level is it? Someone said in a previous post that his Rocky evolved at lvl 26. Mine evolved a bit later i think (maybe cause it changed from one beta to another or cause it's hapiness evolution).

No idea about seadra, but trade-evolutions were discarded from this hack, so most certainly it will just evolve if you keep him/her leveling up.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Have you guys tried with VBA yet... It is a best GBA emulator known with guaranteed working including in-game music.
Unfortunately for Intel Mac users like myself that use Lion/don't own a Windows version that spells doom. Or at least it used to. You can forget using the special VBA version, and best bet we have without self-compiling/using Wine or a Virtual Machine for VBA-M (something that I personally don't have quite the knowhow for), is a really old version of it, 0.1 I believe the binary still in circulation reads. Either that or an Intel port of the original Mac version of VBA that has some big parts missing from it. So for right now until I read up on some things, Gameboid is actually a better choice than what I have available unfortunately (well, outside of extreme music cases like Golden Sun 2, but that's a different story). :/

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I actually have asked around. In one hack yesterday, I found that the Sinnoh starters were hacked over the Hoenn starters. Therefore, someone trading a Turtwig from that game would actually be sending the other player a Treecko. Same if someone tries to send a Snivy, which replaces Poochyena; now that would be not getting what you paid for! Since they're in the 386 from Gen. III, they trade as the official Pokémon to other games.
Did I say anything else...? You don't need to confirm my right assumption...

I've been playing this hack for a while now and I must say it is pretty damn awesome :D. But I'm still figuring out how to evolve certain pokemon like seadra or onix. Does somebody know?
Trade evolutions have been changed so it's either leveling or happiness.

Is this game complete? Can I play it from start to finish or ?
It has complete Johto and Kanto, the first gym on Orange Isle and another city of Orange Isle.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Ok, thanks for all the replies. I'll try to just level up my seadra and onix and see what happens.

@Cabe My onix is now at level 25 so I think it is just a happiness based evolution.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
Hmm... no one's having music problems?

I'm not sure I should patch again (because everything else seems to work fine), or if it's the fact that I'm using Gameboid (which I realize is only partially supported and no one takes bugs for it atm.)

"My Boy! - GBA Emulator" for android worked better for me than Gameboid did, specifically with some of the in-game music.

Last edited:
Years
Hey people, i need help here. I'm stuck because of a big bug in Orange Islands. I already got the GS Ball, took it to Oak, went back to the Islands, beated the Gym, defeated Zane's team in Corsola Cave, went to Cave of Wisdom, got the teleport system working, got into a house in route 51 and defeated Zane's grunts and saw the little reunion scene between Zane and Mister G, H & R or whatsoever. NOW, when i surf across route 52 to get to SUNBURST ISLAND, route 52 suddenly transforms into route 100 (map show's i'm in kanto) and i can only do 3 things: surf through the rocks and go back to land to take de UNDERSEA EXPRESS (sorry for the poor english in that), fly, or try to go back to route 52. In this last case, game freezes unrepairably... Either way, i can't reach SUNBURST ISLAND. Is there any solution for this? I've already started the game all over because i got beta 3.2, i'm looking forward not to do that again.

Also, is there any benefit for your defeating-Red-with pokemon team? Every single one of them gets boosted Exp. now...

Please help!

Cabe.

P/d: I'm using intern save game almost exclusively. Only used saveslots once (for like.. 5 minits) to find a rare catch...

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
"My Boy! - GBA Emulator" for android workeFrod better for me than Gameboid did, specifically with some of the in-game music.

Hm? It's honestly a rare sight to see an android emu better ATM... I may look into this from a source that's not the play store (Kindle Fire. Blegh) since there is a free version.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
I Start a new save of pokemon liquid crystal and every time i play this game, the game crash in slompke's cave after you defeat the last rocket the screen turn's black
what i'm suposed to do ????

Last edited:
Years
@Cabe: It's the end of the beta, my friend.
I think LaZ shouldn't have let us go to Route 52 for it's not complete and it has wrong connection to Route 100.

nooooooo.jpg

Back