• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
So basically Charcoal stack with STAB, that's all i wanted to know thanks.

Hello i have a question about Swords Dance and simmilar moves like Agility. When your Pokemon use Swords Dance it said "Scyther's attack sharply rose", but i want to know how much it increased by 1, 2, 4, 8, 10 or something else? Is there any way to know this exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sharply indicates that it raises attack by two levels, so you can use it 3 times in a battle before it starts saying "___'s attack won't go any higher!"

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So basically Charcoal stack with STAB, that's all i wanted to know thanks.

Hello i have a question about Swords Dance and simmilar moves like Agility. When your Pokemon use Swords Dance it said "Scyther's attack sharply rose", but i want to know how much it increased by 1, 2, 4, 8, 10 or something else? Is there any way to know this exactly?

This link explains how stat changing moves work.

Swords Dance will essentially double your attack when first used.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Migrating from sapphire to diamond. HELP!!!

Hi, k so i have the national Pokedex on diamond and I've beat the elite four on diamond and sapphire and I've gone to pal park and its still not giving me the option to migrate. Please Help.. !

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am close to acquiring a copy of Emerald to play on an older DS Lite model that I acquired earlier today; I intend to eventually port my catches in there over to Black, or even White 2 eventually, so that I have a full Pokédex on both games for the purposes of a future Trade Shop (and will someday have my own thread over there for Gen. V games).

My question is not so much about Emerald or Fire Red as it is about something else, however. When I'm done with a Pokémon in these games (or if I decide I do not plan to use it), how do I go about importing them into a fourth generation game? As with Black (where the building to import is on Route 15, closed until after the first E4), do I have to finish one of the fourth gen. games before I can ever import? I know once I finish one of them I can have my other (SS or Platinum) on a second system and swap them over there, but for now my problem will be getting them into the fourth generation. If I need to connect a cable or something, I'll need to get that someday.

For now, I still have to play both SS (or Platinum) and Emerald before I can even think of importing, but this would be useful information.

I may be back in this forum to discuss Emerald more as I start playing it, but I want to start here with this query. :)

Cyclone

EDIT: I should clarify, I am trying to get them to Black eventually. I determined already that I will require two systems and got the one with GBA capabilities so I can cover all five generations with Emerald and Fire Red. I know you can import to a game on the same system, but I eventually want to move them to Black on the 3DS. Or White 2 once it comes out and I find some missing ones there.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...Try asking in Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread. PS: You can get Squirtle in HGSS, so you don't even need FRLG to get one anymore.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No one has answered my question above. Is there really no answer to it? I am attempting to determine whether my two systems can communicate with each other (in the same way that two systems with Black and/or White communicate with each other) or whether I will have difficulties getting the Pokémon, which should be able to import to Soul Silver or Platinum, to move back to the first system for import into Black on the 3DS. I now am playing Emerald and am looking to know what I'm doing when the time comes.

Cyclone

vaporeon7

Years
No one has answered my question above. Is there really no answer to it? I am attempting to determine whether my two systems can communicate with each other (in the same way that two systems with Black and/or White communicate with each other) or whether I will have difficulties getting the Pokémon, which should be able to import to Soul Silver or Platinum, to move back to the first system for import into Black on the 3DS. I now am playing Emerald and am looking to know what I'm doing when the time comes.

Cyclone

Using a DS or DS Lite you can transfer Pokémon from Emerald to 4th gen when you have the National Dex in Emerald and unlocked the Pal Park in 4th gen. You can then use the PokéTransfer to transfer them to 5th gen. You should only need your 3rd gen game, a DS Lite/Phat and another DS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Using a DS or DS Lite you can transfer Pokémon from Emerald to 4th gen when you have the National Dex in Emerald and unlocked the Pal Park in 4th gen. You can then use the PokéTransfer to transfer them to 5th gen. You should only need your 3rd gen game, a DS Lite/Phat and another DS.
I have all of those, but my question is will the DS systems be able to communicate with each other without a link cable? I haven't figured out how to set connection settings yet on the original Lite model (I'm very familiar with the 3DS), but at the same time know there is a way to import your Pokémon through menu options on Emerald after beating the game. From the sounds of it, however, not only will I need to unlock the Pal Park (Soul Silver), but I will also have to complete another fourth gen. game (Pearl, Platinum) on the LITE system and unlock the ability to forward Pokémon on THAT game. In other words, I have four games to finish, and so far one is done. (Five if I throw in Fire Red for a few stray missing Pokémon.)

Cyclone

Last edited:

vaporeon7

Years
I have all of those, but my question is will the DS systems be able to communicate with each other without a link cable? I haven't figured out how to set connection settings yet on the original Lite model (I'm very familiar with the 3DS), but at the same time know there is a way to import your Pokémon through menu options on Emerald after beating the game. From the sounds of it, however, not only will I need to unlock the Pal Park (Soul Silver), but I will also have to complete another fourth gen. game (Pearl, Platinum) on the LITE system and unlock the ability to forward Pokémon on THAT game. In other words, I have four games to finish, and so far one is done. (Five if I throw in Fire Red for a few stray missing Pokémon.)

Cyclone

You don't need a link cable, you use the dual slots on the DS Lite for the Pal Park and DS Download for the PokéTransfer.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
is there anyway for Pikachu to learn Nasty Plot in Leaf Green ?

you cant get a Pichu til Gen IV right ?

is there anyway to teach slowpoke / slowbro TM thunder Wave in Gen III ?

thanx any help is much appreciated

vaporeon7

Years
is there anyway for Pikachu to learn Nasty Plot in Leaf Green ?

you cant get a Pichu til Gen IV right ?

is there anyway to teach slowpoke / slowbro TM thunder Wave in Gen III ?

thanx any help is much appreciated

Nasty Plot is a Gen IV move and doesn't exist in LeafGreen.

Thunder Wave can be taught at the move tutor in the Silph Co. in FR/LG, in Agate Village in XD and at the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
tyvm :)

one more question about move tutor moves & breeding

are move tutor moves passed down in breeding

for example if i teach a boy Snorlax Seismic Toss or Softboiled

will the babys possibly have those moves ? or no

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place for this, but I Googled and Googled and nothing answered my question! My internal batteries ran dry on Ruby and Sapphire. My boyfriend soldered new ones (with tabs) to the boards for me and the message went away. The games still work, saved files and all. The clock runs when the game is off, I've downloaded the Berry Patch from FireRed (in fact, Ruby said it didn't need it), and my berries still won't grow! They grew well past 100 hours of play before the batteries died, but now they just stay as little lumps in the ground. Any ideas?

You should know that when you use the Berry Patch, you are patching the savegame and not the game (because a ROM cannot be patched), which means that if you have restarted your game after patching "it", you'll have to patch it again to make the berries grow.
Anyway, there was no need to change the battery when it ran dry, just the patch.

vaporeon7

Years
tyvm :)

one more question about move tutor moves & breeding

are move tutor moves passed down in breeding

for example if i teach a boy Snorlax Seismic Toss or Softboiled

will the babys possibly have those moves ? or no

No, the Pokémon's offspring will only have the move if it were already designated as an egg move for it though. Snorlax can't learn Softboiled btw.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
No, the Pokémon's offspring will only have the move if it were already designated as an egg move for it though. Snorlax can't learn Softboiled btw.

tyvm for the fast awnser ! that was just an example..
but i didnt kno that tho.

Snorlax cant even learn it from a Move Tutor ?

i guess i was always under the impression that any Poké could learn any Move from a Tutor

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Hey guys, I just beat the 4th gym in emerald. I'm in Slateport and need to get back to Petalburg. The only problem is Mr. Briney (the guy with the boat) has disappeared. .

I don't have surf yet or anything so I'm kind of wondering how I'm going to get back.

Does anybody know the solution?

vaporeon7

Years
Hey guys, I just beat the 4th gym in emerald. I'm in Slateport and need to get back to Petalburg. The only problem is Mr. Briney (the guy with the boat) has disappeared. .

I don't have surf yet or anything so I'm kind of wondering how I'm going to get back.

Does anybody know the solution?

You have two options, you can either use Rock Smash to break the rock blocking the path that takes you Rustburo in Verdanturf Cave (which will also get you HM04 as a bonus) or you can go to Fallarbor Town and go south west to and through Meteor Falls and then hop down the ledge to Rustburo City and then continue onto Petalburg from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back