• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
I was going to do a full-fledged final update, but I decided (since school reared its ugly head) to just say CHALLENGE COMPLETE. Attraction the Magneton was the Elite 4 and Champion MVP, he ripped every single monster apart with Thunder...equipped everyone with extra TMs.

Heat the Charizard, Male Level 57
Attraction the Magneton, No Gender Level 57
Nationwyde the Tentacruel, Female Level 56
Oreida the Dugtrio, Female Level 56

I had tons of fun and I might revisit this challenge in the future...thanks KagamiChan!

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
In the The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario does the tough looking bug types base defence need to be 115 or greater?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
In the The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario does the tough looking bug types base defence need to be 115 or greater?

As long as they look tough, they don't need to have a base defense of 115 or higher ^^. They just gotta look mean like Pinsir and Scyther and Heracross and stuff xD Big, mean bugs xD

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Username: Xseed
Game: Firered
Era: progessive(took me friggin forver to choose. too many good ones ^_^)

Years
This seems like as good a time as any to make my first post. But first, my entry.
Username: Valkyon230
Game: Platinum
Era: time rift

My only question is if lost activates immediately, and if so, I choose westward expansion's fighting type and it's only rule to not use the pokemart unless bartering.

Years
Username:Whallan
Game: Sapphire
Era: Medieval Era

To represent not being able to control the time machine I rolled a d14 (14 sided dice) to determine my era which can be found here. 1 for Jurassic Era, 2 for Ice age etc.
I rolled a 5 which represents medieval era.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
So what, can't you buy Poke Balls from a mart in any challenge?

There's Eras that allow the use of a PokéMart but for some, you have to barter(sell somethign to buy something) and in some Eras you are limited to the lowest tier items.

My only question is if lost activates immediately, and if so, I choose westward expansion's fighting type and it's only rule to not use the pokemart unless bartering.

Basically, the moment you start the challenge, you're in the Era of your choice. You're supposed to have some variety in your team, meaning, you can't have a full team of fighting types even tho Fighting is one of the types allowed in said Era. You must have 3 or more different types from the list of allowed types for each Era you play in. And yes, you're supposed to barter if you wish to use the PokéMart

Years
Alright then. Under any circumstance, could you tell me if this team would be reasonable for the time rift?
Staraptor (normal slot)
Gallade (psychic slot)
Rotom (ghost slot)
Garchomp (dragon slot)
Biberal (HM slave)
And the last slot is saved for the badge by badge era.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Alright then. Under any circumstance, could you tell me if this team would be reasonable for the time rift?
Staraptor (normal slot)
Gallade (psychic slot)
Rotom (ghost slot)
Garchomp (dragon slot)
Biberal (HM slave)
And the last slot is saved for the badge by badge era.

That team's fine with 1 exception. You forgot to include the Mandatory pokémon for Sinnoh, which is Bronzong.

Years
I'll do it

Username: Farthumm
Game: LeafGreen
Era: Ice Age

Well I ended up having a fairly busy first day
Spoiler:

UPDATE 2
Spoiler:

Final Update
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Well let's do another one

USERNAME: Farthumm
GAME: Pearl
ERA: Jurassic Jam

UPDATE 1
Spoiler:

Update 2
Spoiler:

Update 3

Spoiler:

Challenge Completed
Sorry it too so long, and for the break in updates. Updating from a phone sucks, and gta is addicting. But I did beat Cynthia.

Final team was
Bastiodon lvl 57
Dustox lvl 57
Floatzel lvl 57
Infernape lvl 59
Octillery lvl 61 (MVP)
Onix lvl 57

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2022
Username: Asura778
Game: Ruby
Era: Pirate Golden Age

Gonna be a pirate and switch fighting for dragon

Last edited:

Uzamaki Nagato

Pokemon Master
Years
I guess I feel like getting into this too!

Name: Uzamaki Nagato
Era: Medieval Era.
Game: Pokemon Leaf Green.
Optional Rule: Based on Arthurian Characters (I guess that means giving them certain names rite?)

Planned Team:

Primeape - Gareth
Beedrill - Lancelot
Nidoking - Arthur
Starmie - Morgana
Exeggutor - Merlin
Dragonite - Galahad

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
(I guess that means giving them certain names rite?)
pretty much, yeah ^^
There's also a link to a list there should you need any help.

On a different note:

Time warp is going to get updated to fit Generation 6 once I can obtain more info on Fairy Types and the new pokémon. (I don't own a 3DS and can't play the games so I'm depending on my pair to help me with that. So it's gonna take a while)

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Username: Jojolaw
Game: Firered
Era: Jurassic Jam
I'm gonna try all the eras on FireRed

Years
Username: FivE
Game: Silver
Era: Jurassic Jam

I also would like to do other as well...

Update #1
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Uzamaki Nagato

Pokemon Master
Years
I guess I feel like getting into this too!

Name: Uzamaki Nagato
Era: Medieval Era.
Game: Pokemon Leaf Green.
Optional Rule: Based on Arthurian Characters (I guess that means giving them certain names rite?)

Planned Team:

Primeape - Gareth
Beedrill - Lancelot
Nidoking - Arthur
Starmie - Morgana
Exeggutor - Merlin
Dragonite - Galahad

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back!

I've been having a pretty fun time with my Medieval Era team so far. I've practically owned all of the Gym Leaders I've faced up to this point (did a **** ton of grinding though), with each and every one of Lt. Surge's Pokemon falling to either Gareth's Mega Kick or Gareth's Karate Chop in a single hit - and all this while he was still just a Mankey! I also had my Nidoking steamroll Misty's Starmie with Dig in two hits, in spite of Arthur's elemental disadvantage.

This is probably the first time I've ever used a Beedrill in-game, and while Lancelot was really weak in the early stages of the challenges, that changed after it picked up Twineedle. Right now, it's a really powerful Pokemon that has zero issues OHKOing or 2HKOing most of its enemies. The barter system restriction is a tad bit annoying, but it hasn't given me any serious problems so far. You can get a lot of useful items on the ground anyway.

The MVP of my team so far is probably Arthur the Nidoking, though. With Dig and Water Pulse, he can pretty much clean house and take names while doing so. Recently, I captured a Geodude just so I could have 10 Pokemon in my Pokedex (relax, the ones I'm using are all of the allowed types!) and obtain HM Flash, without which Rock Tunnel and Victory Road would prove to be seriously troublesome.

Anyway, here is my current team. Just about to enter Rock Tunnel.

Lancelot the Beedrill - L28
Bulbasaur (HM Slave) - L6
Arthur the Nidoking - L28
Gareth the Primeape - L28
Geodude (HM Slave) - L8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back