• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
Hey guys, so my question is why do I only have three people in my White Forest? And I only have Ralts showing up in the grass. I'm so confused cause I thought there was like 32 different Pokemon found in White Forest?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey guys! I didn't like the way my Pokemon Black turned out, so I decided to replay it from the beginning. However, it's been so long since I've restarted a game that I had no idea they changed the rules so you couldn't just save over the previous game file, you now have to do something stupid like press up + select + b on the start screen.

Meanwhile, I get in this habit of just perpetually charging my DS and never turning it off, so I have just beaten Elesa and for the first time thought to save it, only to have it tell me that this is impossible.

My question is: is there any way AT ALL that I can get around this? I really don't want to have to start it over yet again...

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys! I didn't like the way my Pokemon Black turned out, so I decided to replay it from the beginning. However, it's been so long since I've restarted a game that I had no idea they changed the rules so you couldn't just save over the previous game file, you now have to do something stupid like press up + select + b on the start screen.

Meanwhile, I get in this habit of just perpetually charging my DS and never turning it off, so I have just beaten Elesa and for the first time thought to save it, only to have it tell me that this is impossible.

My question is: is there any way AT ALL that I can get around this? I really don't want to have to start it over yet again...

To my knowledge there is no way to get around this. I wish they would notify you of that before the game starts.. But I guess your only options are to just keep on the leaving it on thing or just face it and start over, this time using the code thing.

Hey guys, so my question is why do I only have three people in my White Forest? And I only have Ralts showing up in the grass. I'm so confused cause I thought there was like 32 different Pokemon found in White Forest?

The number of people in White Forest depends on how long it took you to get there. Talk to everyone there and if they have names they are one of the 32 and whatever Pokemon they talk about will be there. Try using Entralink and interacting with other players in their Black City to get more people there..

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
If I wanted to soft reset for a shiny starter would it show up on the main screen when you are first picking them or do I have to find out in the battle?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
If I wanted to soft reset for a shiny starter would it show up on the main screen when you are first picking them or do I have to find out in the battle?

You have to battle, unfortunately. D: The images for the starters are set at one, so you can't tell.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply solarowl.

Also for the event raikou, suicune and entei. I have the europe version of black and the event dogs I have are japanese, will I still be able to use the relocator with them being a different language?

blue

gucci
Years

Also for the event raikou, suicune and entei. I have the europe version of black and the event dogs I have are japanese, will I still be able to use the relocator with them being a different language?

I don't think they would be compatible with the European version hence why they have European/North American/Japanese Events, sorry :(

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Hey,
How do you get to Anville town

Nimbasa City

Enter the large building just up and to the right from the Nimbasa Pokemon Center.

Then take the train with a "brown" stripe on it. There is a sign with a brown stripe as well. All signs down there let you know where the train goes.

Anville CAN NOT be reached using the moves Fly OR Teleport.
- no Pokemon Center at Anville

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
The japanese celebi for the time traveling event worked on my north america soulsilver.

I guess I'll just have to try to see if it does.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Where do you change Rotom's Forme in White?

On Route 9, just west from Opelucid.

Enter the mall. Go to the right-side DOOR without using a staircase.
You should be in a STORAGE ROOM with one person, shelves, and a large number of cardboard boxes.

"Talk" to one of the cardboard boxes to choose the appliance.

Does anyone know where the exact locations of the Moon stones are at in Pokemon White other than telling me that they are in dust clouds

:t354:TG

Moon Stone & Sun Stone are also in the PICKUP list when the Pickup Pokemon reaches a higher level, 60+ I think. (Pickup ability)

The japanese celebi for the time traveling event worked on my north america soulsilver.

I guess I'll just have to try to see if it does.

That would be because of a "flag" of sorts certain Pokemon are 'coded' with. Usually seen with event Pokemon, foreign Pokemon, or version specific. Hacked Pokemon also have flags, which are more often noticed by the GTS system than the unaware.

Pokemon from the Gamecube's "shadow games" also seem to be flagged, as I was unable to GTS certain ones.

Trainer ID numbers & names are one way to noticably 'flag' a Pokemon.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Hey I'm trying to look for IV's and specifically a pokemon with a 31 speed IV..

So i was hatching the pokemon over and over but lol all i was getting was very low numbers and hardly anything above 25 is there a way to be able to had 31 speed easier? or am i just going to have to keep hatching and searching in the grass for the pokemon.. Untill i randomly get a pokemon with IV's in the 20's?

Anywayz just wondering if im going about this IV thing wrong and if there was a easier way? I would save loads of time..

From Torch

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I used the Japanese Raikou/Suicune/Entei and it worked just fine. So it should work.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Awesome, thanks deku!

One last question for now. Can reshiram/zekrom be shiny if you do not catch them when you first encounter them? Yes, I know that in order to not have to catch them at N's castle to have a full pc and party. I've looked all over the web and got conflicting answers.

PKMN Trainer Nick

PKMN Trainer
Years
Awesome, thanks deku!

One last question for now. Can reshiram/zekrom be shiny if you do not catch them when you first encounter them? Yes, I know that in order to not have to catch them at N's castle to have a full pc and party. I've looked all over the web and got conflicting answers.

The only way to get them shiny is to "soft reset".

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Awesome, thanks deku!

Well you can only not catch them if you fill all PC boxes and fill your whole party, and if you suceed in that you will be able to find them in Dragonspiral Tower where they can be shiny if you SR for it (or just get really lucky :D). And it is impossible to get them shiny if you don't fill all boxes and your party.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well you can only not catch them if you fill all PC boxes and fill your whole party, and if you suceed in that you will be able to find them in Dragonspiral Tower where they can be shiny if you SR for it (or just get really lucky :D). And it is impossible to get them shiny if you don't fill all boxes and your party.
I actually read somewhere that even if you do that it's impossible to get a shiny R/Z in BW...
What's a good place to hatch eggs in Unova?
Also is their a place in White where you can get a member of the Bagon line? What about Driniti? ect. I'm trying to get a the pseudo legendaries ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back