• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Congrats army person! x]

Thanks, that IS a pretty sweet shiny.

And I'm SRing for a decent Rotom, and I'm praying I can get some luck rolling here.

Next SR hunt:

Tweak up a Darkrai and get him nice n' shiny, and I CAN'T give up till I get it!!!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hi I'm Evil Sonic (as you can see by my user name) and I would like to join this club even though I do not have a lot of shinies though I am still a shiny hunter.

Shinies I have:

Ratatta (Raticate now): I found it while I was training Charm (female Charmander) on Leaf Green for Brock's gym. (last year, not currently)
Eevee (Umbreon now): I was soft reseting on Leaf Green for a shiny Eevee and got one months later after I started. (not currently)

Glad you could join us ;3 *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Now that you're finally here maybe some of the luck will pool in on you. :)

It's good to hear that you are getting better. For the magikarp, take it easy, it will appear soon, and you can put some music so that you won't get bored, try it when you feel in the mood, but for now i think you should rest a little. Take it easy.

As for me, I recently got a new shiny, it's a golbat, I found it while training my shedinja in the sky pillar a few days ago. I think I will take a little break from pokemon ruby and try to get a shiny turtwig in my diamond game.

Good look everyone in your shiny hunting.

Thanks. I'm getting even better btw. I still have a cough and the ear infection though. I have rough mornings but once I eat something and get my energy back I feel fine.
I'm thinking about taking a break from hatching and training 2 of my Pokemon... I really, really want to train these two now! I just need to confirm something before I get started though so I'm waiting on all my information to come inward.

Nice job on that Golbat, a lot of people don't like them or Tentacool/cruel but I think they're awesome shinies.

Awesome!
I was EV training and check out what i ran in to!

This is what I always secretly hope for sometimes lol except I usually use Trainers to get the job done. Congrats.

So, yeah, I'm getting better. Hatch a few, play AC:CF, get better, and hopefully train 2 Pokemon soon, upload data to PBR, get back to hatching madness. I MUST get Magikarp soon...

The more Pokemon I have readily available, the more my opponents will keep guessing.

Especially one. He's always watching my videos, trying to pick apart my comments. Another one of them fellers who I sorta started talking to after they asked me about something so now they're almost always under my nose. -_-

Foxes are solitary creatures, don't ya know....

Good luck everyone! It's almost time I return to the scene!

Years
*And as we all watch DDD kick his disease in the face many times....*
lolz
Glad you're feelin better
Well, Shaymin's silhouette is on Pokemon.com now, YayMin!
I'm gonna tweak up to Darkrai, and start SRing for a shiny one, thanks to Steelix Lv X, I really want one of them bad dark people of doom now ;LOL;
GL all!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
I'm quite pleased this morning, 10:27AM:
DVC00445.jpg

Buahaha!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have luck like this again. 5 days after Shaymin...STREAKKKKK!!! I was watching an anime online (code geass) and I look down and "OH @$%$!" I saw it shine. Finally Azelf the pixie is mine. I've been hunting this fiend over 3 games and a few months on the other ones. Lol easy catch again. After it used Future Sight, I put it to sleep with bronzong, then switched in Staraptor to take the Future Sight, its Hp went down to 51. Endeavoured Azelf, switch in Gyarados, Dragon Rage it to 11 HP then ONE Dusk Ball and it was caught! I nicknamed it "Psyko" lol stupid 5 character limit.
DS lite with leaf green inserted
Japanese shiny dex
Leon 07111 luckiest ID ever
English translated nature! NAIIIIVEEEE *high fives the abra*
Stats, gotta go check its IVs soon...

Oh I'm still shaky. I just traded in the Naive sync abra this morning after getting it on Leaf green too. yay 2/3rds of pixies done. Locked on Next Target: {MESPRIT} Guess which game I'll be hunting it on? lol. Good luck everyone on their hunts!! Ahhh in the words of George Constanza "I'm busting Jerry, I'm busting!!! First time this year I've gotten 3 shinies in one month!

Oh yeah Happy Thanksgiving to all our US neighbours! Golden azelf would go good with pumpkin pie...damn wish I had some to celebrate.

Years
Ya know what?!
I'm gonna try and reset for an ID of 07111!

Any other really lucky IDs out there?

Gonna keep practicing to master the Emerald SR trick, SR for a shiny Regice, and maybe even restart the Uxie hunt *GAWD FINALLY*
But go after a Dialga or something first...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Razer302 is back at PC and while I was gone I caught 30 yes 30 shiny Geodude. Took me 3 days in the chain and I can't even remember the amount of repels I used. Was way to many.

I am sure I have missed loads of shines so gratz to all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I'm still on the Giratina hunt in Platinum, Day 57 of SRing x_X. I'm hoping that it appears before the Darkrai event, but it doesn't look like it wants to shine anytime soon.

I've also left Regirock/Latios for a while and I'm SRing for another shiny Registeel. My Emerald hasn't spit out a shiny so far, I still hope my RNG works xD.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Yesterday at 4:43 p.m., while waiting to go back to work:

S5030025.jpg

My second shiny Registeel appeared in Emerald ^^.

After a fairly long battle, with me afraid I'd have to use the Masterball(had to go back to work), I successfully caught it in an Ultra Ball. Like my shiny Torchic and 2 shiny Electrode, shiny Registeel has a Careful nature.

It didn't take too long to appear, it was probably less than 100 SR's when I got it(thank you Emerald RNG :)) I saved the game at least 3 times.

More pictures:
Old faithful DS Lite, no cheats
DS Lite 2
Nickname screen
Shiny Registeel, Careful nature
Stats

I'm now back to Regirock, crossing my fingers that it'll appear soon, so I can finish the Regi trio. I'm also SRing for Giratina, nothing after 58 days of searching >_>.

Years
I'm having some serious troubles with the SR trick for Emerald, since that damn sign always pops down, breaking my 1/200 chain...
GL all...

Years
hey im a new shiny hunter now :)
so far i have:
Shiny Lucario (egg hatched)
and a chained Shellos

im not doing well but... *shrugs*
i'll wait to be accepted in

id like to ask a question, since there seem to be a lot of people who seem good at Shiny Hunting

whats the least and most amount of SoftResets you've ever had to do to get a pokemon?

im trying to do my first softreset shiny (Rotom) and i want to know roughly what to expect :)

good luck to all those hunting shinys or hatching eggs!

Years
Well, we all have experienced a wide variety of SR amounts.

From somewhere around 100 I believe, to over 20,000, or maybe 50,000, depending on whatever Dark Steelix had said it took him.

So it can be any time, but it's most commonly within 20,000 resets that they are found. 20,000 is even a stretch, most people say within 10,000, but I went 12,000 without any shinies...

So it could be ANYTHING.

I'm quickly sprinting through Diamond trying to SR for a shiny Dialga and then Uxie, moar shinies for me!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
My very first shiny Giratina took me 38000+SR's to get, Heatran over 62000 SR's but my shiny Squirtle came at 35 SR's, so as you can see, you can get a shiny at any number.

My shiny Giratina I'm hunting in Platinum is over 62000 SR's. I'm usually SRing for other shiny targets as I SR for Giratina, but it doesn't want to shine >_>. I plan on leaving Giratina when the Darkrai event rolls around, unless I need the National Dex to go to the island, which is probably the case.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
can i join? 8)

i have shiny
oddish
mightyena
tentacool
mime JR
weezing

Nice shinies. If you've noticed you have to wait til a Co-Owner approves you....

But, uh, that may be a while.
You can hang around anyway until you're officially approved.

Yesterday at 4:43 p.m., while waiting to go back to work:

shineh

Wow. Nice and green too. Congratulations, you have won! lol

well done people i'm back !!!

You better be. *madface* lol j/k

i need ideas should i buy ranger or keep my money for platinum i'll probably get both but what would you decide

I've never played Pokemon Ranger. It just doesn't interest me enough. So I don't know what to tell you.

hey im a new shiny hunter now :)
so far i have:
Shiny Lucario (egg hatched)
and a chained Shellos

im not doing well but... *shrugs*
i'll wait to be accepted in

id like to ask a question, since there seem to be a lot of people who seem good at Shiny Hunting

whats the least and most amount of SoftResets you've ever had to do to get a pokemon?

im trying to do my first softreset shiny (Rotom) and i want to know roughly what to expect :)

good luck to all those hunting shinys or hatching eggs!

My quickest was my first shiny, Beldum, in under 100 resets. I roughly estimate it was around 80. Most? Totodile. Probably around 32,000 resets. In a week. Yeah. I went crazy...

But most and never gotten? Charmander. Too many resets to count. I gave up for now.

My very first shiny Giratina took me 38000+SR's to get, Heatran over 62000 SR's but my shiny Squirtle came at 35 SR's, so as you can see, you can get a shiny at any number.

My shiny Giratina I'm hunting in Platinum is over 62000 SR's. I'm usually SRing for other shiny targets as I SR for Giratina, but it doesn't want to shine >_>. I plan on leaving Giratina when the Darkrai event rolls around, unless I need the National Dex to go to the island, which is probably the case.

That whole 62,000 thing makes me choke a little over Magikarp. I hope I can get it soon, however...

I have a bit of a meeting going on. I still have a little ways to go, but I hope to join the party soon....

Good luck everyone and remember to rumble that rumble.

Years
Isn't the most it can possibly take 64,000 something resets?

Anyways, I'm trying to hop through Diamond to get Dialga, then Uxie so...
GL with that damn Giratina!

Back