• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
ChaosRush, is this project still on? I would like some new sprites :)
Yep. The reason why this project suddenly slowed down in September is because of school & life. But I'm still working on it.

024.png

056.png

172.png

174.png

I'm also working on a custom Sawsbuck sprite, since the existing Sawsbuck sprites are way too huge to fit them all in 64x64 with all forms having the same aspect ratio, so I'm making a new sprite for it instead.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Do you plan to continue this with the announced Gen 6? Or are you gonna stop at Gen 5?

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
An Idea for SAWSbuck would be to pose it similar to Stantler in Silver (like it's gonna buck)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey Chaos, I started on Treeko today, and ran into a small problem. Its B/W sprite is actually smaller than the Gen III one. Should I just crop it to 64x64, or scale it up to the size of the Gen III one. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey Chaos, I started on Treeko today, and ran into a small problem. Its B/W sprite is actually smaller than the Gen III one. Should I just crop it to 64x64, or scale it up to the size of the Gen III one. Thanks.
Crop it to 64x64. If the B/W sprite is actually smaller than its R/S/E sprite, then do absolutely nothing to the sprite.

(also congratulations to karatekid552 whom I've added to the helpers list yesterday)

karatekid552

Years
I already have Wichu's sprite editor, but I'm looking for the download link for a friend. I saw the post above that said the 2nd one still works, however, at least on my computer, it doesn't. I get this error message:

important.gif
The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search.

Just wondering if it would be wrong to send him the .zip I downloaded.

Now on topic, I'm going to upload the gen III in order, one evolutionary group at a time. Thanks for the introduction Chaos. :) Happy to be here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Now on topic, I'm going to upload the gen III in order, one evolutionary group at a time. Thanks for the introduction Chaos. :) Happy to be here.
Don't do the Trapinch family and Deoxys's, all of them are completed already. Also don't do Shiftry, Azurill, and Milotic because I want to do them :)

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
This is pretty awesome! You've done well :3 I'd like to see it completed in the future. I'll deff. use these and credit you c:
Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
More sprites:
172-1.png

025.png

026.png

030.png

033.png

057.png

039.png

040.png

163.png

164.png

198.png

I swear, these Pokemon have nothing to do with the new DarkViolet alpha

Gotcha, I saw the ones that were already done. Also, I'm guessing that Spinda and Castform are crossed off because of Spinda's dots and Castform's transformations?
Yes, but only I am doing them. They shouldn't be changed with Wichu's Editor, it's safer to change them with unLZ. I know how to change Spinda's sprite without screwing up the random dots, but it requires careful palette editing, meaning I'm going to manually index it.

EDIT: Just remembered that Murkrow has gender differences. I'll add the female Murkrow sprite...when I feel like it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Your work is incredible. Seeing this and playing the DarkViolet Alpha makes it clear that the statement on your sig to be taken seriously. You are an artist.

Also, regarding this project, I'd like to know wich Scyther and Mew sprites you're going to use. Keep up the great work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Your work is incredible. Seeing this and playing the DarkViolet Alpha makes it clear that the statement on your sig to be taken seriously. You are an artist.

Also, regarding this project, I'd like to know wich Scyther and Mew sprites you're going to use. Keep up the great work.
Both Scyther and Mew's sprite will be from B/W (and Mew's B/W sprite is almost exactly the same as its D/P/Pt sprite anyways, but Scyther's sprite is different). I don't like Scyther and Mew's HG/SS sprites at all, they look really weird.

karatekid552

Years
Okay, I finished my first set.

front_zps73a7c1a7.png
backin_zps48bdadca.png

front2_zps5485e795.png
backin2_zps916a4a4d.png

front3_zps34df0fcf.png
backin3_zps6a2cafb4.png

I'm still learning, so I welcome any criticism.
Note: No shinies, Chaos wants to do them and Treeko and Grovyle were not modified due to their size being smaller than the Gen III sprite.

Last edited:

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
Years
Okay, I finished my first set.

front_zps73a7c1a7.png
backin_zps48bdadca.png

front2_zps5485e795.png
backin2_zps916a4a4d.png

front3_zps34df0fcf.png
backin3_zps6a2cafb4.png

I'm still learning, so I welcome any criticism.
Note: No shinies, Chaos wants to do them and Treeko and Grovyle were not modified due to their size being smaller than the Gen III sprite.
your sprites look's really good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back