• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Stupid Cobalion hates me.....

Do you guys think it would be worth it to go for both Articuno and Zapdos on Heartgold? I mean after I get Suicune and Cobalion.

SR'ng for Coba right now, no luck.

Years
Personally I'm not too fond of the shiny birdies. Not enough is different about them. I'm too much of a realist to attempt to catch everything shiny, so I focus on the ones I like.

I've officially gone 2 full calendar months without a shiny. :( I think that's a new personal record for longest drought while actively hunting, especially when I hunt for at least 3-5 hours each day.
Always remember the Shiny Hunter's Mantra: Seek and you will find.

Years
Looks like theres someone else out there hunting shiny Cobalion :P Good luck!
Ive been SRing for a week (minimum 1 hr a day) and no luck =/
Did get a japanese ditto on gts today, so i started masuda-ing a Venipede
(I really want one for my main team :P)
Also , I dont remember my old username , I had to make a new account =/

Years
Hi im kinda new to the whole shiny hunting thing but i really would like a chance to prove that i can become a member i have encountered some shinys but havnt got a single 1. >.<
im currently after my first shiny through breeding

Years
Phew, just finished 100 Venipede egg hatches, not bad for my first MM day xD mustve spent 5 hours or something wow, very tired atm

Hi im kinda new to the whole shiny hunting thing but i really would like a chance to prove that i can become a member i have encountered some shinys but havnt got a single 1. >.<

I think you can join :P although im not a high ranking member or anything lol, and if you put your mind into it you can get any shiny you want (aside Zekrom, Reshiram and Victini :( )

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
2153 eggs and counting. It seems my luck has run out. I have never spent this long masudaing for a shiny before. Everyone give me some luck and post or vm me: FACE!!! (inside joke, means the same as break a leg and stuff.)

See how lucky FACE!!! is? I post it and bam...three eggs later I finally get my shiny cottonee. I quickly evolved it to the whimsicott I was truely after. :D

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Looks like theres someone else out there hunting shiny Cobalion :P Good luck!
Ive been SRing for a week (minimum 1 hr a day) and no luck =/
Did get a japanese ditto on gts today, so i started masuda-ing a Venipede
(I really want one for my main team :P)
Also , I dont remember my old username , I had to make a new account =/

Good luck too!
@PinkPirate I saw your edited post : O

Years
2153 eggs and counting. It seems my luck has run out. I have never spent this long masudaing for a shiny before. Everyone give me some luck and post or vm me: FACE!!! (inside joke, means the same as break a leg and stuff.)

See how lucky FACE!!! is? I post it and bam...three eggs later I finally get my shiny cottonee. I quickly evolved it to the whimsicott I was truely after. :D

Wow I hope it doenst take so long for my Venipede :P
Anyway congrats after so long ^^

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Everyone, I am proud to say that for the past 1 hour and 20 minutes, I have been the owner of a shiny Tepig!

I got it on my White version while I was double SRing on Black and White and REing for shiny Gible in Platinum! I was able to tell that the Tepig was shiny even before I heard the stars, but since I was concentrating on three games at once, the fact that it was shiny did not really register until I heard the sparkles. :)

Tepig is my first shiny of the 5th Generation, and it is also my 68th 1/8192 shiny. It has a Hardy nature, and it is male.

I wasn't able to take pictures or make a video because my parents went to my cousin's graduation and took the camera with them. I'm not bummed, though; I will always remember the absolute elation I felt when I finally got my shiny bacon...

Oh yeah. I nicknamed him "Pumba". :)

Good luck to everyone!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congrats on the new shinies, and good luck to hunts.

I have been really busy lately, there was a dead woman in a car in front of my house yesterday! So I haven't really been doing anything regarding shinies.

After I finish cleaning my dumpster room I will start playing SS over again, because I want to.
You may join of course!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Edit: Btw, I wish you tons and tons and more tons of luck, G-Money!

Okay everybody, I have a confession to make. I'm the one who was stealing G-Money's luck :P

Good luck to Members AND Co-Owners! Happy Hunting! Good luck! Especially G-Money; You seem to need it ATM

Always remember the Shiny Hunter's Mantra: Seek and you will find.

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate it. Hopefully this massive accumulation of luck will result in me getting a shiny! I haven't done that many encounters over the past 3 or 4 days because of tests and sleeping, but hopefully the luck is stored in my games and is just waiting to come out!

And ShinyDoug, give me back my luck!! "lol"

Welcome! Your will to hunt has already proven your merit. A true shiny hunter is one who hunts shinies, strangely enough! People like you and me are as shinyhunterish as the rest of them, despite our lack of results. It's the thrill of the hunt that matters! :D

Congratulations! Your determination was rewarded.

Everyone, I am proud to say that for the past 1 hour and 20 minutes, I have been the owner of a shiny Tepig!

Congratulations! That's one of the more difficult shinies to get, especially with the time per reset and all.

it is also my 68th 1/8192 shiny.

:pink_disbelief: What!? You have 68 1/8192 shinies?? That's absolutely ridiculous!!! I knew that you had a lot of shinies, but 68 is off the charts! I don't even know if there are enough colors in the spectrum to card you, "lol." I doubt that even His Greatness Aaryn would have that many shinies by now!

68 shinies...wow. You must have stolen the luck from entire galaxies! :mudkip^_^:

...as you can see, that Mudkip isn't shiny. Kind of like the last 345,546,245,245,234,346,867,324,867,522.61 Mudkip I've seen...

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
^

Calm down, Hunting isn't easy. It may help to take a break for like 2 days, I'm getting back to Cobalion today.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
I'm still SRing for shiny Giratina. I'm at 3744 SR and I won't give up until I get it. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
Well, might as well introduce myself since I'm taking a break and eating a tuna sandwich :D
I can't officially join the club quite yet- I lost my only shiny when my save file was corrupted on Platinum (my poor poor Noctowl :'( ). The Pokemon on my Most Wanted List are currently as follows: Evee/Umbreon, Oshawott, Axew, Sewaddle, Trapinch, Charmander, Sandslash, Treecko, and Beldum. Though I am focusing on SRing for an Oshawott right now. Good Luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Well, might as well introduce myself since I'm taking a break and eating a tuna sandwich :D
I can't officially join the club quite yet- I lost my only shiny when my save file was corrupted on Platinum (my poor poor Noctowl :'( ). The Pokemon on my Most Wanted List are currently as follows: Evee/Umbreon, Oshawott, Axew, Sewaddle, Trapinch, Charmander, Sandslash, Treecko, and Beldum. Though I am focusing on SRing for an Oshawott right now. Good Luck to everyone!
You don't need shinies to join.

Welcome~

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I started this hunt almost right after I got my shiny Seviper and after 1,160 eggs it shone!

Spoiler:

A shiny Mienfoo! One of my favorite Unova Pokemon and shinies!
I named her after one of my OCs.

Video here!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Wow! Mienfoo and Mienshao are great shinies! Good job!

For all you soft reseters out there, here a trick to make your life easier

1. Get a long rubber band.
2. Put it down the top of the DS so it press the L and R buttons and rests where the mic is
3. Now you only have to press start and select.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'd like to rejoin the Shiny Hunter's Club. I've caught the following shinies from random encounters: Pidgey, Golbat (not Zubat), Oddish, Silcoon, and Skitty. I got Golbat, Oddish, and Skitty in gen 3, Silcoon in Diamond, and Pidgey in SoulSilver. I'm currently using the Masuda method in White.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I'd like to rejoin the Shiny Hunter's Club. I've caught the following shinies from random encounters: Pidgey, Golbat (not Zubat), Oddish, Silcoon, and Skitty. I got Golbat, Oddish, and Skitty in gen 3, Silcoon in Diamond, and Pidgey in SoulSilver. I'm currently using the Masuda method in White.

Welcome back!!! We're so glad to have you rejoin!! What are you trying to hatch on White right now?

Guys, Latios Master is an SHC legend - out of all non-owners/co-owners, in terms of seniority, he's the #2 shiny hunter of all time!!! He joined on the very first day that the SHC ever existed, and, overall, he's the #6 shiny hunter EVER. Let's give Latios Master a huge round of applause as we welcome back an ancient legend!!

A shiny Mienfoo!

Congratulations!! That's awesome! :cer_boogie:

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club! I'm really sorry to hear about your Noctowl. Hopefully you'll be able to recapture him at some point in the near future. :)

I like all of your targets! You have very good taste in hunting, as several of those are on my list too. :)

Landorus already addressed this, but I'm going to expand upon his ruling:

A shiny hunter is one who hunts shinies. Shiny hunters shiny hunt, and shinies get hunted by shiny hunters. The shiny huntees are hunted by the shiny hunters, who hunt shiny shinies. A Shiny Hunter's Club is a club owned by a shiny hunter, who happens to be Landorus.

You don't need any shinies to join! Every shiny hunter is welcome here, regardless of success. If you hunt shinies, you're a shiny hunter. Don't worry about not having any right now! We're not the Shiny Collectors Club, or the Shiny Predators Club, or the Shiny Hoarders Club, or the Club of People With Very Good Luck. (If this were the last one, I would've been banned long ago, "lol.") We're the Shiny Hunter's Club!

We were originally the Shiny Hunters Club, a club composed of shiny hunters, but then Landorus usurped power and made it the Shiny Hunter's Club, which is a club owned by a specific shiny hunter. :P Perhaps a better alternative would have been the oligarchical Shiny Hunters's Club: a club owned by a group of shiny hunters. :D

The thrill is in the hunt! If you love hunting shinies, that's all you need! Because you're hunting a shiny, you can officially join the club, and we're more than happy to have you here. :pink_wink:

G-Money's [Lack of] Progress:

I hunted for about 10 hours yesterday, SRing for the Johto starters. Today, I SRed for Mudkip for 3-4 hours and about 1 hour for the Johto starters. I might start the Litwick hunt up again, since it would be interesting to see how many encounters I have. I'm sure that I have well over 8,000 for Mudkip, and probably around the same for Drifloon. Hitmonlee, the Sinnoh starters, the LG Game Corner, the snow routes in Pearl, and Emerald's Desert Underpass probably have 8,000 encounters between them, too.

I was reading about competitive Pokemon battles earlier today, and that sounds fun too, "lol." I already have way too many targets as it is, but I would like to be able to have some strong Pokemon in the far future. I've never actually EV trained a Pokemon, but I'm sure it'll be a good way to shiny hunt. Also, it would be be really cool to have an entire team of 6 level 100 shinies!

Current goals:

All shiny Hoenn SRables
All shiny starters
All shiny ghosts
Complete Pokedex
A shiny team?

Yup, I don't expect to come anywhere close to finishing any of them for a long, long, time, "lol."

Last edited:
Back