• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Well, if you can wait a couple of days, maybe less, I will releasing a new demo, hopefully with these errors corrected. No errors have been spotted so far, so it's a good sign.

Nice, can't wait for the new demo, i was and still am waiting patiently becuz of the battle glitch. Am still checking on the progress on these games ^^ so much potential. Imo games like these are better then the official games..

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
When i go to victala gates or whatever there called, a guy says he has revolutionary science and then nothing happens, player is frozen. Is this a glitch or part of demo?

It's a glitch, which I've already corrected in the aforementioned demo to be released very soon.

Nice, can't wait for the new demo, i was and still am waiting patiently becuz of the battle glitch. Am still checking on the progress on these games ^^ so much potential. Imo games like these are better then the official games..

Thanks, it's good to know we haven't lost that trust! :D
And yes, according to what I've seen, we've managed to correct that little-yet-killer bug of the battles. ^^

D. Lawride

Years
NIGHTMARE RELEASE
VERSION 1.5

Download Link

After the troubled releases of V1.3 and V1.4 and some extensive attempts to correct the errors, we think we have finally managed to correct almost all of the severe bugs in Pokémon Nightmare, resulting in the 1.5 release. I can't guarantee that the incompatibility verified in previous releases has been fixed, but I'm pretty confident it has in most cases from the good results of the beta testing phase.

For any doubts you may have, consult the Read Me .txt file.

As for extras from the original releases, we have:

Luminos, the dream world, has been added. You can access one of its areas after clearing the Victala Gym.
The PBC Testing Chambers, have been added. You can access a Test Chamber somewhere in Caitla Port.
The Golden Grove is now accessible.

IMPORTANT!

For best results, place the 'Graphics' folder, found in the 'IF' folder, in the game's main folder. This should allow the Windowskins to be enabled again.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
First.

Woooo! nice to finally have a playable demo, really tired atm gonna try it tomorrow. So what gym does this demo stop at??

D. Lawride

Years
First.

Woooo! nice to finally have a playable demo, really tired atm gonna try it tomorrow. So what gym does this demo stop at??

It's not oriented by Gyms (especially since there's only one Gym available to challenge at all for now), but it stops at the entrance to Sitia Port. There will be a notification for it in the game once you reach that point. :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I see, so the main focus is the storyline, that i like. I want to know if u need any more beta testers as i have some free time in the next few weeks or so and i would like to help with this project in so way, but im gonna say now that i have never beta tested a game before so its alright if the list of testers is full :X

D. Lawride

Years
I see, so the main focus is the storyline, that i like. I want to know if u need any more beta testers as i have some free time in the next few weeks or so and i would like to help with this project in so way, but im gonna say now that i have never beta tested a game before so its alright if the list of testers is full :X

Yup, that's right. ^^

About beta testing... Try keeping an eye out for the next time we're entering the Beta Testing phase. I don't have a 'list' for the testers, so just ask here to be one of the testers when such time comes. :3

Quick notice here, I received word that some people didn't get the Graphics folder that was supposed to go inside the IF folder. IF you're one such person, download the Graphics folder here: Mediafire Download Link

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
NIGHTMARE RELEASE
VERSION 1.5.1

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Patch Download Link

The link above is a download for the patch to fix a killer bug found recently in the original release. Simply download both this patch and the actual game, and place the files from the Patch in the main game's folder. It will ask to replace a file named 'Game', which you will answer Yes.

THE LINK ABOVE IS NOT THE FULL GAME, ONLY A PATCH. FOR THE FULL GAME, LOOK IN THE MAIN POST

phantom berzerker

INQUISITOR used TAUNT!
Years
whenever my opponent's pokemon attacks, I get a pop up error saying: "Script 'PBdebug' line 24: errno::ENOENT occured. No such file or directory-Data/debuglog.txt"
Any explinations?

D. Lawride

Years
whenever my opponent's pokemon attacks, I get a pop up error saying: "Script 'PBdebug' line 24: errno::ENOENT occured. No such file or directory-Data/debuglog.txt"
Any explinations?

You're most likely using V.1.4. Download V1.5 from the main post, that error has been fixed. :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, Mr. D. Lawride, I believe this is the first time I've ever looked at your game(I know, ho cruel of me X3), and it seems right after a new release too.
It looks pretty good so far, keep up the good work :3

naruck23

Plague
Years
The game looked good... Until I saw fakemon.

The reason they are like that is because tjis is not a "Kids" Like pokemon version.

If you play the demo and when you reach to choose your pokemon the Professor will tell you they are very disturbing in appearence.

AcidicSubstance

Resident Megalo Maniac
Years
Normally i dont have a problem with fakemon. They add a sense of originality to the game. But in this case they detract from the quality of the game. The overworlds, maps and plot are all good and make for an enjoyable game. But when you're going to add fakemon, then they need to sprited and designed properly. I love Minitaur but his appeal is ruined by the poor spriting. The dark starter doesn't really have any type of recognisable shape to it and the psychic starter's sprite needs more definition. I think, if not for the next beta then at least the final release, you should work on refining them because they have the potential to really add to the game.

D. Lawride

Years
but I have downloaded it, could you please instruct me on how to adapt the game?

First download V1.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?7r3m4epiqjn1l7d

Then download the patch and place any files in it in the game's folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?gyf1aka1sawc49y

Well, Mr. D. Lawride, I believe this is the first time I've ever looked at your game(I know, ho cruel of me X3), and it seems right after a new release too.
It looks pretty good so far, keep up the good work :3

How cruel of thee. |3

Thank you very much! We had some troubles with the first few releases, so at least now those are out of the way, so that really means much! :D

The game looked good... Until I saw fakemon.

Well... it's common knowledge, not many people like Fakemon. That's why you can catch a variety of official Pokémon along the way in normal gameplay. Including but not restricted to, Bulbasaur, for example, which you can catch very early in the game at a very basic level.

The reason they are like that is because tjis is not a "Kids" Like pokemon version.

If you play the demo and when you reach to choose your pokemon the Professor will tell you they are very disturbing in appearence.

Yup, that was one of the aims of it.

Normally i dont have a problem with fakemon. They add a sense of originality to the game. But in this case they detract from the quality of the game. The overworlds, maps and plot are all good and make for an enjoyable game. But when you're going to add fakemon, then they need to sprited and designed properly. I love Minitaur but his appeal is ruined by the poor spriting. The dark starter doesn't really have any type of recognisable shape to it and the psychic starter's sprite needs more definition. I think, if not for the next beta then at least the final release, you should work on refining them because they have the potential to really add to the game.

First and foremost, thank you for the time to write such elaborate comment, and thank you as well for the commending of game elements such as the ones you mentioned - they seriously mean a lot to me, as they are my responsibility.

Although I amthe head of the project, I can only do as much about the sprites. I have resorted to whatever sprites I could gather in my team, and the sprites present in the game are the very first (and currently only) versions of the Fakemon.

In reply to the last part of your comment, we are not only planning but already in the process of redoing most of the sprites. For example, Shin has already had a new sprite made for it, which I'll hopefully include in the upcoming betas.

Is there a way to speed up the game? I'm really not a fan of the slow gameplay, that's why I didn't buy a GBA/DS/etc.

Unfortunately, there isn't any way at the moment. Sorry. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
Hello and now to say your game looks great. One question though do any of the starters evolve into dual types? I kinda wanna know before I make my selection and if it has already been said and I missed it im really sorry

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
I've been trying this game, and I must say I'm quite impressed about how its turning out.
I like the fact day and night are implemented and the night environs look especially charming with the street lamps and such, the shadow effects were rather novel, but maybe they should be applied only when a character is directly under, or close to a light source (the four projected shadows I mean).

That said, its mostly nitpicking on my part, and things seem to be coming along fine.
I like the look of the protagonists and I especially like the fakemon concepts (I like projects that blend creative fakemon with the official ones); I have a few questions about the starters:

- Are they finalized or will the concepts still undergo changes?
- On the dark starter's final form, what is that pinkish thing along its spine?
is it brain tissue? if so, it really fits the bill of a "dark" type more than any other
the official games ever came up with haha.

I have not ran into any problems (playing 1.5.1) but some of the text sometimes spills a little, I think its due to the font, but its not a big hassle in all.
With the exception of a the lack of a button to fast forward things a bit and a few typos here and there, I think what you guys created here is a complete package and I sincerely hope it gets done.
I think the game is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back