• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Please someone help me Im trying to get liquid crystal and all this I am so lost and I have a Mac If any one can help that would be amazing...

There is a version of VisualBoyAdvance for Mac, but it's outdated so you're very likely to get lots of bugs. So what I do is I play the game on the Windows partition of my Mac. It's quite annoying, but yeah, you can't really do anything about it.

If you don't have a Windows partition, you can still try with VBA for Mac. You download a Fire Red Rom (.gba file), the Liquid Crystal live beta (.ips file) and patch them using Lunar IPS (I'm pretty sure there's a version for Mac).

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
oh, those are great news, anyways, do anyone here knows how to get a charmander?, cause, despiting that by now my thyphlosion is badass, but i think a charizard is better in those terms, if you know what i mean, unless charmander isn't obtainable in this game Dx anyways if someone knows a way to get charmander i'll be greatefull
P.S: also i forgot to ask if there is a way to get a hoenn starter, and another johto starter without starting over the game....

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Hey, are the Pokemon locations changed since 2? I tried opening the live beta with AdvancedMap to look at locations and this is what it gave me:

ERROR: (EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds.

Did you do that on purpose or something?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey guys I have a really quick question okay so I got the Ez Flash IV I got the game all ready on the computer. I used the software to send it to the Sd card the game shows up on the cart but when I try to play it it goes to a white screen. :/ the save type is at 128k.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Is Onix supposed to learn Rock Tomb? I found a move tutor and I was like "yes! now I can give onix a reasonable attack" but it said Onix can't learn Rock Tomb.

what

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
Gah okay, so i downloaded the live beta on 3/12/12 and have been playing throgh without any even minor bugs on my ipod touch via gpsPhone until now. im not sure if this has already been addressed as i didnt have the patience to read through 85 pages of thread lol, but i am headbutting every tree and its mother and no pokemon are coming out? when i first got headbutt in ilex forest i headbutted the tree it was next to and a pokemon came out (i think a pineco) but now nothing is coming out of any tree. not sure if this is happenening to anyone else or if its just a gpsPhone bug, but i would really appreciate any info anybody can give me! and also i didnt want to post this on the bugs forum b/c i still am not 100% sure this isnt just exclusive to my version of the game

**edit**
Also i am having the problem with not being able to enter the day care as there is no door ha..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Ive just created an account to comment. it's really a great game so I hope when you finished LC you could release it.
I do hope the Final version would make the pokemon sprites look much more appealing.
Would you add the Crystal Onyx in LC an give it Fire weakness and Water moves such as Surf?
and my last question is How long does a hack game take for completion in general cause I see some hacks that started 2-3 years and some took only few months ago before they were completed or still in progress... I'm just new here but i know that it's against the rules to ask the completion so i'm asking about the length of an average Hack to be Complete.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Ive just created an account to comment. it's really a great game so I hope when you finished LC you could release it.
I do hope the Final version would make the pokemon sprites look much more appealing.
Would you add the Crystal Onyx in LC an give it Fire weakness and Water moves such as Surf?
and my last question is How long does a hack game take for completion in general cause I see some hacks that started 2-3 years and some took only few months ago before they were completed or still in progress... I'm just new here but i know that it's against the rules to ask the completion so i'm asking about the length of an average Hack to be Complete.

Crystal Onix? Is that some kind of joke?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Woo new beta cant wait to try :D
Quick question, can i upload my pokemon and things from 2.1 into 3 somehow dont really fancy doing it all again

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Are you serious? Now I won't ever be able to play it on my GBA.:/ is there a way to fix the ROM to make it work on a Flash Cart?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
so i have an issue. when i go into mt moon axle and my rival are supposed to be there but only my rival is so i am unable to progress any further in the story which makes me sad.
does anyone know of a simple fix to this or has anyone else had this happen to them?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
crystal Onix was part of the Orange Island Saga on the Anime SAME situation with the Red Gyrados On Johto...

You will find the Red Gyarados was in the original GSC games. If we see fit to add the Crystal Onix, we will, but we're not using the Anime's storyline, we're making a custom one.

Are you serious? Now I won't ever be able to play it on my GBA.:/ is there a way to fix the ROM to make it work on a Flash Cart?

No. A lot of the new hacks used are necessary for the general running of the game. We are attempting to track down the causes of the "all trainers beaten" bug. So if you could all stop and immediately tell us when it happens to you, it'd be really helpful.

so i have an issue. when i go into mt moon axle and my rival are supposed to be there but only my rival is so i am unable to progress any further in the story which makes me sad.
does anyone know of a simple fix to this or has anyone else had this happen to them?

This'll get fixed very shortly.

Woo new beta cant wait to try :D
Quick question, can i upload my pokemon and things from 2.1 into 3 somehow dont really fancy doing it all again

No. The 2 are completely incompatible.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
So I have a couple of questions.

First, after beating the rockets in safari zone Axel told me to go to the Dragon's Den. I went there, but there's no one. I've worked my way through the cave and eventually reached the mansion with those diaries talking about reigrock and stuff, and reached the Temple of Stone, but what am I supposed to do or where am I supposed to go? There's no one anywhere.

Second, about Eeveelutions. Is it possible to evolve my Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in this game? Or even Espeon or Umbreon?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Jambo 51 what is the all trainers beaten bug? Is that why it can't be put on a flash cart?

No, it's just a general bug which is kicking about on all systems as far as we can tell. We're trying to trace what's causing it to fix it though. It was just a general call for help.

It's incompatible with flash carts due to the changed save file structure.

So I have a couple of questions.

First, after beating the rockets in safari zone Axel told me to go to the Dragon's Den. I went there, but there's no one. I've worked my way through the cave and eventually reached the mansion with those diaries talking about reigrock and stuff, and reached the Temple of Stone, but what am I supposed to do or where am I supposed to go? There's no one anywhere.

Second, about Eeveelutions. Is it possible to evolve my Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in this game? Or even Espeon or Umbreon?

Espeon and Umbreon: Yes - If you've got the RTC activated.
Glaceon and Leafeon: No - Why would they be? This is a Gen 3 hack!

As for the storyline stuff - I don't know. Sorry!

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
:/ is there a way to change the save file back to where it works with a flash cart or emulator Jambo 51? Like you did with your patch. Because I honestly spent like 50 bucks on the game cart so I could play it on my GBA.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I can't believe this ****.. can someone please explain this to me ?

ety801.jpg

I just got my 16 badges and went for the E4 a second time.. this is what happens to me right before number 4.. what the **** should I do ?

I mean.. luckily I can get out of there, because I just made a savestate before number 3, so i could possibly let him beat me.. but then.. how should I finish the game with this ridiculous bug ?

You ****ing disappointed me there LnZ..

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I can't believe this ****.. can someone please explain this to me ?

ety801.jpg

I just got my 16 badges and went for the E4 a second time.. this is what happens to me right before number 4.. what the **** should I do ?

I mean.. luckily I can get out of there, because I just made a savestate before number 3, so i could possibly let him beat me.. but then.. how should I finish the game with this ridiculous bug ?

You ****ing disappointed me there LnZ..

Thanks for the polite post. I'm pretty sure I fixed this bug a few months ago...

Back