• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Pokemon did you use the Master Ball on?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Haha why not catch it with Wobuffet again? I used mean look and managed to catch him on my Sapphire run :)

joeyhuab

Best in the World
Years
The first time I played Sapphire, I used it on Kyogre, the next restarts, I learned better to use it on Latios/Latias.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't think Dive Balls have bonus effects on Kyogre, so I believe it would be 53.

I almost always use it on Lati@s, because it's the only runner in the game so why not?

I do dislike using Master Balls though just because the entrance animation thing is so flashy when a Pokemon is caught with them u_u

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
First time through, I didn't get the masterball (oops) and I thought Groudon was supposed to be like a boss battle so I killed him. (Yeah, Ruby was my first pokemon game.) Next time I used it on Groudon. It's always on groudon, then I piss myself in anger trying to catch Rayquaza with an ultra ball.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well I don't remember how much, but I caught all of them with Ultra Balls except Rayquaza and Latios.

Rayquaza ~ Pokeball (Only 1, found out it works a lot better when Rayquaza is flying xD)
Latios ~ Master Ball

Frio Stylez

Hates His Username
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
It was either Pelipper or Kyogre, I don't really remember what I used it on.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
I accidentally skiped past the masterball party. note these are estimates i dont know exactly how many i used.
kyroge timer ball (34)
regice timer ball (37)
regirock timer ball (26)
registeel timer ball (89) i tried a couple times at him. Funny story when i first got emerald i found the regi's caves and the the that opens there caves an knew they were in the games but being a little kid i didn't use the internet but i recently picked up my sapphire again and got the regis all in one night. Got no sleep that night.

infosoft

The pokemon scientist!
Years
I ended up using my master ball on a latias. However, after I accidentally deleted that file (don't ask) I ended up using superskarmory's guide on youtube the second time. He ended up catching it in a regular pokeball, so I went "Pffff, I can do that!", so after 2 hrs of sleep powder I finally caught it. Then I showed my brother and he ended up catching it in a premier ball the next day. From that day forward, I catch all legendary pokemon in heal balls, because I can.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
I used my Matser Ball on... Groudon. Yes, Groudon.

I made some notoriously newbie mistakes that my friends laughed at me for in that game. Looking back, I don't laugh. I just get embarrassed. ^////^a

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Ruby, I used it on the mandatory Groudon they threw at you.

I imagine people playing Sapphire usually bust it out on Kyogre since it cleans the rest of the game easily, but maybe they get away with Net Balls?

drpoplove

Super Saiyan and Stuff
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
In my first run I used it on Kyogre in Sapphire. But I smartened up later, haha.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The first few times I played through my Ruby, it was always on Groudon, and being young isn't really any excuse for me, since I usually did know it was best to save it for other ones (well, usually I just wanted to save it for Rayquaza, whereas saving it for Latios would've been a much better idea lol), and in the last playthrough I'd forgotten where it was even located due to it being so many years since I'd played it, and since I was in such a rush to get through the Magma hideout, I missed it, and didn't even get it that time. Ended up catching all the legendaries I was going for in regualr Pokeballs anyway lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
On my first playthrough of Ruby, I used it on Groudon. I felt like an idiot after I found out how hard it was to catch the other legendaries.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I definitely remember obtaining a Kyogre when playing through Sapphire. Presumably, me being a lazy 13-year-old, I wouldn't have wanted to deal with a big epic battle to get the super-cool-awesome Water legendary so... Master Ball it is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Always the big legendaries. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Didn't feel like going through the whole process of trying to save it, so yeah.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I couldn't exactly find Lati@s, so yeahh...I used it on Regiice my first time through.

All the others I can't remember, but it took an insane amount of Ultra Balls.

Years
I used mine on Kyogre. I used an Ultra Ball on Rayquaza. My friend found a shiny tentecruel Lv. 38 and wasted it on that.

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Emerald:

Groudon: 23 Time Balls and 14 Ultra Balls
Kyogre: 76 Dive Balls. He just did not want to be captured.
Rayquaza: 20 Ultra Balls.

Latios: Master Ball.
Latias: Never managed to get it. :/

Regice: 39 Ultra Balls
Regirock: 27 Ultra Balls
Registeel: 64 Ultra Balls and 5 Time Balls. Took me a lot longer than I thought.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
In Ruby, it was Groudon. Sapphire, it was Latias, and in Emerald it was Rayquaza.

Back