• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So glad they went with "6 Pokemon, 3 chosen at random." If they only had 3, I would've been kind of bummed as you would be able to check them every time.

Just unlocked everyone today I think. I beat Unova, and the options for everything else just...opened. I thought it would be "one at a time" unlock. I won my first try too, lol.
I also won Isshu on my first try but... it gets harder :D
I couldn't beat Johto on my first try, imo it is the first hard tournament... Kanto is harder than Isshu but still pretty easy.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I'm looking forward to this. I love how they remade all the music. Especially the Sinnoh gym leader theme. That song finally became epic.

I'm looking forward to battling the Hoenn gym leaders, since I haven't seen them since 2005.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
There's not much you can do when your type has to be Rock of some sort, unless they're all half grass too, but then Ice Beam Ice Beam Ice Beam just owns it >_>

I enjoy how it is pretty challenging though. Just spent all this morning breeding the right Breloom, and now got the gift Eevee so I have Magic Bounce Espeon. They're in for a world of hurt!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
...Brock is still a cakewalk though

Surf, Surf, Surf

NEXT!
Fun fact: Grass is actually a better attacking type than Water against Brock.

"4x effective on 4" refers to the fact that 4 of Brock's team are 4x weak against the type, after berries weaking attacks and such. The ability Solid Rock is ignored.

GRASS: 4x effective on 4, 2x effective on 1, normal effective on 1
WATER: 4x effective on 3, 2x effective on 2, normal effective on 1

Let's look at his secondary team as well.

WATER: 4x effective on 2, 2x effective on 1, normal effective on 3

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Fun fact: Grass is actually a better attacking type than Water against Brock.

"4x effective on 4" refers to the fact that 4 of Brock's team are 4x weak against the type, after berries weaking attacks and such. The ability Solid Rock is ignored.

WATER: 4x effective on 3, 2x effective on 2, normal effective on 1

Let's look at his secondary team as well.

WATER: 4x effective on 2, 2x effective on 1, normal effective on 3

Energy Ball, Energy Ball, Energy Ball

NEXT!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Energy Ball, Energy Ball, Energy Ball

NEXT!
Or if you're slower than whatever Brock sends out, Giga Drain, Giga Drain, Giga Drain.

Anyway, time to get back to discussing the other gym leaders and champions. The return of Red's HGSS team was expected, but Giovanni's team, to give one example, was completely out of nowhere. Giovanni wasn't a strict monotype trainer in any previous games, so why is he mono-Ground in the tournament?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Or if you're slower than whatever Brock sends out, Giga Drain, Giga Drain, Giga Drain.

Anyway, time to get back to discussing the other gym leaders and champions. The return of Red's HGSS team was expected, but Giovanni's team, to give one example, was completely out of nowhere. Giovanni wasn't a strict monotype trainer in any previous games, so why is he mono-Ground in the tournament?

He uses mainly ground in his FR/LG battles, and HG/SS I imagine

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
His team did have half ground. Rhydon, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn, and Dugtrio.
We're going off of his Gym Leader status, not Tohjo Falls team.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Honchkrow, Mismagius, Ryperior, Electivire, Tangrowth and Magmortar?

all new evolutions of previously seen pokemon, some gotten from trading

*shrugs* would make an interesting battle

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It would. I imagine Giovanni will get Excadrill, Nidoking, Tyranitar ( even though it's not part ground unlike it's pre evolutions), Nidoqueen, and Honchrow

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
This sounds like a good implement to help boost your playtime and make you train postgame

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think this is a great feature, but it reminds me of Orre Colosseum in Gale of Darkness, which I was REALLY bad at. Not sure if I was just that bad, or if it was the AI, but I'm a little sketchy on if I'll be able to do good in it lol. :( But I suppose this gives me a great reason to raise my RNG'd Pokemon and put them to good use!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If this is as hard as the super train was for me than It'll take some time to get the champs...
By the way do we have to defeat the gym leader tournament 10 times in a row to get the champions or does it not matter?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm hoping they're a little hard in this feature. Maybe not as hard as the Orre Colosseum in Gale of Darkness, like Sydian had mentioned, but hard none the less. I mean, this is when the leaders are at their best with their strongest Pokemon! They have to be somewhat difficult!

Years
I think this is a great feature it does give you to chance to battle your favorite gym leader and boost the more time you play after the game.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
His team did have half ground. Rhydon, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn, and Dugtrio.
We're going off of his Gym Leader status, not Tohjo Falls team.
That's full ground team albeit 5 slots. Rhyhorn Ground/Rock same with Rhydon Nidoking & Nidoqueen Poison/Ground Dugtrio Ground. Unless you were referring to Tohjo falls which like you said was half since he had the two Nidos.

Glad it is revealed to have 6 instead of three. Just a bit disappointed in some of the 2 teams since some of them are virtually the same barring moveset and item.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
THIS IS BRILLIANT

RED STILL DOESN'T TALK

"..... ....."
"..... ...!!"

AND GREEN'S PROBABLY A SNARKY BASTARD AS USUAL OMG SWEETHEART

BRB SINGING ABOUT MY FEELINGS

AND JESUS H CHRIST

CHILI GETS AN ARCANINE

AN ARCANINE

AND CRESS HAS A SAMUROTT AND CILAN HAS A SERPERIOR

AND THEN CHEREN WITH HIS STOUTLAND AND THEN SKYLA WITH HER BRAVIARY AND NOW CLAIR HAS A DRAGONITE AND

GARDENIA HAS A TORTERRA

A TORTERRA

Already sang about my feelings @Green's Arcanine

You guys, these just might be the best pokemon games ever.

omg brb revisiting my childhood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back