• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
These episodes will be in beta 3.0
All Fired Up!
Round One - Begin!
Fire and Ice
The Fourth Round Rumble
A Friend In Deed
Friend and Foe Alike
Friends to the End
Pallet Party Panic
???????????

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
These episodes will be in beta 3.0
All Fired Up!
Round One - Begin!
Fire and Ice
The Fourth Round Rumble
A Friend In Deed
Friend and Foe Alike
Friends to the End
Pallet Party Panic
???????????

No. Those will be in the next beta (3.5).

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
There's multiple things you can do once it's paralyzed, such as Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Sand Attack, and Smokescreen that could all stretch out the battle and make victory more attainable. You also can use revives and potions to simply outlast Kadabra as Leech Seed or Poison does its job. I've battled Sabrina countless times and have managed to beat her every time I tested it. It's not easy, but it's more than doable and it's supposed to be hard.
I meant give us a chance without level grinding Pikachu. If it were to use say Disable sometimes instead of always using Psybeam every turn, we'd be able to do something that turn and actually have a chance, while it would still be much easier if you level grinded Pikachu to outspeed it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Then start beating Pidgey and Zubat and EV train ;)
That's the problem. It takes way too much level grinding to get to those levels at that point of the game. I get what Metapod is saying about Ash being totally outmatched by Sabrina in the anime, but I'd like it to at least be possible to beat her without all that level grinding. After all, Pikachu did manage to take a Psybeam attack and hit Kadabra with a Thunderbolt in their second battle in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
That's the problem. It takes way too much level grinding to get to those levels at that point of the game. I get what Metapod is saying about Ash being totally outmatched by Sabrina in the anime, but I'd like it to at least be possible to beat her without all that level grinding. After all, Pikachu did manage to take a Psybeam attack and hit Kadabra with a Thunderbolt in their second battle in the anime.

Try Not to Double Post. And at level 34 pikachu can take a Psybeam attack and you also have a VS seeker so....

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I did grind my pikachu up to beat it, but it also started off using calm mind instead of psybeam sometimes, so maybe you're just unlucky. Because if you outspeed it and it uses calm mind first, then you should be able to get in 2 thunderbolts like I did and beat it easily.
That's probably only because the AI calculated that one Psybeam wouldn't knock out Pikachu at that level. If you don't level grind, it will always use Psybeam. I guess it may be difficult to adjust the gym leader AI, but I think Metapod should give it a try or do something to give us a chance without level grinding.

Try Not to Double Post. And at level 34 pikachu can take a Psybeam attack and you also have a VS seeker so....
Like I said, L34 takes way too much level grinding.

I don't see a multi-quote option, so how do I avoid double-posting while quoting like this?
EDIT: Oh, there it is. Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
How done is the game?

How far is this game designed to so far? I've gotten to the episode where misty and Jessie fight for the dolls, how much farther can I go before I need to wait for an update?

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
How far is this game designed to so far? I've gotten to the episode where misty and Jessie fight for the dolls, how much farther can I go before I need to wait for an update?

you've got 2/3episodes left untill end of beta 2.5

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
@Ash: Too bad the full speed boost comes only at level 100. Say we got Pikachu to level 30. It would be about 20 extra speed.

On what note, that is assuming you haven't fought so much with the Pikachu that you even can max Speed anymore.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
IF U REALLY WANNA BEAT SABRINA THAT BAD, U CAN ALWAYS GO CATCH A DIGLIT/DUGTRIO THAT KNOWS DIG AND USE IT AGAINST KADABRA. I HEAR ITS VERY EFFECTIVE.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
Yes, because Ash did exactly that, correct? And what I do is irrelevant, I beat her a long time ago, by grinding. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
And yeah this is pokemon and this is a hack lastly you have to level grind or have tactics in order to move on..

Back