• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
18. Only read the first few chapters of Bleach before I got bored. That, and my previous forum bashed Bleach to no end and worshipped One Piece nonstop lol.

I'm hoping Ditama Bow hurries up with the next KissXSis volume already, don't wanna wait as long as I did for chapter 54, ugh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
20. It was interesting at first no doubt about that but I didn't feel like it really went anywhere plot wise TBH, I kinda thought of it as Ghost Busters meets anime lol.

Surprisingly enough though I actually enjoyed the School Days manga a bit, hell of a lot better than the anime if you ask me but that's only because the manga was nowhere near as traumatizing as its anime adaptation.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Not sure I'd class many of the Jump mangaka as trolls, Kubo is obviously but well of the other series I'm reading (Bakuman, Beelzebub, Gintama, Reborn!, Medaka Box, Naruto, One Piece) I can't say the same.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
22. The name Medaka Box just instantly reminded me of Madoka Magica there, my god were the forums I was on crazy about that anime at the time, personally though I thought it was okay but not as groundbreaking as others put it out to be but still not bad.

I still remember calling the Naruto anime the equivilent of Broke Back Mountain back then too lol.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Madoka is the NGE of our time, overrated as Hell Heaven but still a pretty cool guy. Medaka Box (written by Isin Nisio) is getting animated by Gainax, could be awesome.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I will probably LOVE the medaka box anime, unless they make a crap job.
For a standard fighting manga, it is really intelligent. As expected from the guy who wrote Bakemonogatari :P

As for Bleach, it doesn't stay Ghost Buster-ish for long until becoming a brainless fighting series.
Actually a bit similar to the case of Medaka box, which starts as a high school comedy.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Up until the fight with Bya-chan I really loved Bleach, since then it's been ok but really nothing special. Aizen conclusion (although I predict he'll be back) sucked and there haven't been too many shining moments, oh well we still have Gintama and One Piece.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
26. I don't think I'll be trusting Gainax again TBH after watching Panty & Stocking.

Brainless fighting anime and manga doesn't sound too bad as long as there's more fighting than say talking during the actual fight scenes. I'm looking at you Naruto.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Ha hah. Hahhh.

yeah, Medaka Box is pretty centred about talking.
I like it though, because the dialogues are quite clever.

And I adored PaSwG :D
The latest Gainax production I saw though, Dantalian something something, wasn't as good as it could have though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
28. I guess I'll be checking out Medaka Box later on then. Just to see if it's actually humorous though since the dialog in DAO made me lmao pretty ****ing hard.

I liked PSG too despite it feeling like being mindraped by the fanfic writers of 4chan, knocked it out in one day too lol.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

The first part of Medaka Box is a little boring actually. It's just the main characters helping students at their high school.

I hope they manage to spice it up. Or maybe they will leave out the fighting parts entirely ;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
31. That Gintama clip was pretty cool.

And I just remembered my friend John has my copy of GTA - Episodes Of Liberty City right now, ****.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

This thread is video game/anime land again, isn't it. not that is ever wasn't, hurr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back