• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simulators

Years
Aside from all the action-packed games and the big hits, do any of you resort to playing simulator games? There are quite a few new simulators out now, for 2013, and there have been a lot of improved graphics and features.

Do enjoy simulator games? Which are your favorite? What aspects of simulators do you like?

Discuss everything here :3

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I totally love them, a combo of simulation and strategy is my ultimate favorite. Though I never talk about it here since I know much people are not interested in this genre.
Perhaps my favorite is Microsoft Flight Simulator, that is after adding in PMDG's addons for sure.
Things like Simcity counts as well, pure EPIC!

Years
Microsoft Flight Simulator...I used to play that quite a lot. I've recently bought Euro Truck Simulator 2, which is really good fun! Also, Train Simulator 2013. But with the Train Simulator, it's only really fun if you have do quite a bit with the controls and the view is nice. My wish for improvement would be that you could do/do more stops.

Years
Ohhh, Zoo Tycoon! I absolutely adore that game. I just love owning and growing a zoo, loads of animals and revenue. It's just nice seeing your zoo grow, progress and just have some mega animal wonderland. I haven't played that game in a while, but I might consider giving it another go sometime soon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I guess Tycoon games are simulator games so...

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is one of my all-time favourite games. The sheer amount of customizability there is in the game is quite amazing, as well as the sandbox mode, where I spent about 95% of game time in.

Years
Most of my teenage years were spent playing Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition. That was and is still my favorite game ever. I still play it frequently today, though being that I'm on a different computer now I don't have all of my old cities. The custom content community has really given that game the lifespan it has had.

I also used to frequently play Chris Sawyer's Locomotion, Sim City 3000, Sim City 2000, The Sims, The Sims 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Another sim game that I think was underrated is The Movies, but because it only runs on Windows XP, 2000, ME, and 98, I haven't played it as much since upgrading to Vista and later to 7. The Movies will quite simply not run due to both the game and Windows saying it will have issues on 7 and Vista.

There was a time when this genre was almost over-saturated with games, especially all those "Tycoon" titles that used the popularity of Roller Coaster Tycoon to try to boost their sales, but now it's very thin in terms of total games.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I recently bought Farming Simulator 2013 and it has the potential to be a lot of fun once I understand everything, but it's just a bit too real. Took me half an hour to plow a small field. I ended up having to do it in reverse so the plow wouldn't fall off if I went too fast.

Other than that, I've been meaning to play a Sim City game recently. Any Sim City game, really. 2000 was a nice portion of my adolescence and it'd be nice to revisit that or see how it advanced beyond that.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I guess Tycoon games are simulator games so...

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is one of my all-time favourite games. The sheer amount of customizability there is in the game is quite amazing, as well as the sandbox mode, where I spent about 95% of game time in.

ZOMG I have this game

But that's not my story. For Christmas I got a game called Cities XL 2012. It's pretty much like a SimCity type of game, but not without the disasters and stuff. Ironicly, my biggest city on there is named Outback.

Back