• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
Hi, I'm a long-time lurker but a rare poster. First, I have to say that this game is beautiful, stunning, and quite simply amazing. However, I feel like I have to post about the mouse-vs-keyboard issue (sorry, I know that was a couple of months ago). If a game is difficult to use, the overall experience will be less enjoyable. If a player does not have a mouse (may be on a laptop), then navigating by mouse would be more difficult. While I like the customizable keyboard option that RXMP has decided to leave out, I think that having full keyboard compatibility without significantly changing hand position would really impact how players interface with your game.

That being said, keep up the amazing work. For every post you get praising the effort you have put forth so far, I am sure that there are several others just watching and rooting you guys on from the sidelines.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Hi, I'm a long-time lurker but a rare poster. First, I have to say that this game is beautiful, stunning, and quite simply amazing. However, I feel like I have to post about the mouse-vs-keyboard issue (sorry, I know that was a couple of months ago). If a game is difficult to use, the overall experience will be less enjoyable. If a player does not have a mouse (may be on a laptop), then navigating by mouse would be more difficult. While I like the customizable keyboard option that RXMP has decided to leave out, I think that having full keyboard compatibility without significantly changing hand position would really impact how players interface with your game.

That being said, keep up the amazing work. For every post you get praising the effort you have put forth so far, I am sure that there are several others just watching and rooting you guys on from the sidelines.

Maybe they can make an option to make you choose what of the two you would like to use that could be maybe useful for some people

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
Years
This game looks like it could be better than the Nintendo made ones I'd definitely play this game it already sits high on my list of games to play

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
The first of the many updates i promised you.
Today i bring you the missing gym leaders from the chart. Under spoiler, obviously.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
1z6e2aq_th.png
2sbnajq_th.png

(concept by me, Kuroda and Robert-One, made by Kuroda-Taiki)
Gym leader #6 - Zero Kevin
From the gym of Whitepeak Village.
Etymology: Zero Kelvin (0) is the coldest temperature possible.
Bio: This young lad is a phenomenon of puns and bad wisecracks. The people always freeze at his cabaret attempts.
But when he plays the role of the gym leader, he freezes them with his ice-typed pokémons.

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO A FANGAME.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
nice gym leaders. give Kuroda-Taiki my compliments

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
the map remind me the mediterranean sea, italy (with the exeption of sicily and sardinia there are souther), balcan peninsula, north africa, france, etc...have you based irusia's map on them??

Years
I really love the Grass and Rock type gym leaders. They look awesome, love their designs and clothing choices. Blair's VS Sprite bothers me a bit, maybe because she might be a bit small. I guess it depends what angle you're going for. o:
In my opinion, I think Vernon will look cooler if he had chuck's eyes.
VSChuck.png

Great update overall.

Years
They are all cool but I think I like Vernon most, he has this some sort of mafioso lookish style, he just need's a big cuban in his mouth and pollute airt with it a little.

But D. Joe is also amazing...I think I like Vernon just a little bit better...but...damn they are both equally awesome I don't know. The other's are cool as well, especially the ice type leader. Better leaders than in main series :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Well, about Zero Kevin I think that's a really unusual name. What about Nero Kelvin. Nero looks like Zero, is italian for Black, was the name of a roman emperor, and Kevin don't looks like a last name. Kelvin seens more appropriate (Well, Nero Kelvin doesn't seems appropriate to hia personality, but at least can be a true name). Well, about the new gym leaders in general, I think that some of them are not so cool as others, but they still better than the Gym Leaders from the official games, and I've liked Faust and Blair more than the others, specially Faust. Liked the etymology of these both, but specially liked their appearances, specially Faust's one. I have used too many "specially".

StyxFTW

Be reckless
Years
AMAZING! I'm a noob spriter and just started. This game inspires me :D I hope your Fakemon are better than Pokemon Black and White's. The people in charge of making Pokemon for Black and White have lost their touch smh -_-
Keep up the great work!

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
Years
Your gym leaders are Awesome! Every update gets better than the last keep up the great work!

bababa baba I"m loven' it

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Well, about Zero Kevin I think that's a really unusual name. What about Nero Kelvin. Nero looks like Zero, is italian for Black, was the name of a roman emperor, and Kevin don't looks like a last name. Kelvin seens more appropriate (Well, Nero Kelvin doesn't seems appropriate to hia personality, but at least can be a true name). Well, about the new gym leaders in general, I think that some of them are not so cool as others, but they still better than the Gym Leaders from the official games, and I've liked Faust and Blair more than the others, specially Faust. Liked the etymology of these both, but specially liked their appearances, specially Faust's one. I have used too many "specially".
Well... Nero is famous because he fired Rome. A big contrast with the icy attitude of the gym leader... XD
Ah, probably i said it wrong: the name's Kevin. Zero is the second name.
Well, the Gym Leader is "Kevin", formerly. ^^

Btw, updates. A bunch of new screenies. <3

2zyzyig.jpg

Fleurville's updated graphics - Cedar's Lab, Player's house, Rival's house. (Overworlds will change)

2m3p9h4.jpg

Heatsurge Island's Beach & Reedmarsh Swamp

16h0o7k.jpg

Ebony Shrine stairs path. (credits to Darkdragonn for the rock tiles and to Kyledove for the trees)

Just to show a bit something new and interesting environments for the game.
I'm coming soon with a big storyline update. I'm in a hurry now, as usual. XD

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Cewl thats awesome!!!! Love the screenies how did you get the sun like that on the beach? it looks great!!! can't wait until you release more.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Cewl thats awesome!!!! Love the screenies how did you get the sun like that on the beach? it looks great!!! can't wait until you release more.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he put some extra shine on the tiles, I think, to give the illusion that its sunny.
--------------------------
I've seen your screens and your tile spriting and mapping skills are amazing, mercurysky

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Well... Nero is famous because he fired Rome. A big contrast with the icy attitude of the gym leader... XD
Ah, probably i said it wrong: the name's Kevin. Zero is the second name.
Well, the Gym Leader is "Kevin", formerly. ^^

Btw, updates. A bunch of new screenies. <3

2zyzyig.jpg

Fleurville's updated graphics - Cedar's Lab, Player's house, Rival's house. (Overworlds will change)

2m3p9h4.jpg

Heatsurge Island's Beach & Reedmarsh Swamp

16h0o7k.jpg

Ebony Shrine stairs path. (credits to Darkdragonn for the rock tiles and to Kyledove for the trees)

Just to show a bit something new and interesting environments for the game.
I'm coming soon with a big storyline update. I'm in a hurry now, as usual. XD

Beautiful screenshots as always, although the mash tiles do seem a bit out of place. Now all we need is a demo... :cer_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back