• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - The league stands strong OOC (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Pokemon - The league stands strong - OOC

IC Thread - click here

Plot - This is a futurisitic roleplay set in the year 3013. In the year 2993, 20 years ago, pokémon battles became illegal, due to protests to protect pokémon from harm. Behind the law change was a group of people known as 'the proven' who manipulated people into believing that pokémon battles were bad, and later manipulated the government to take action. 'The proven' are based in Jhoto, but the law became international all across the world after many people were brainwashed into believing this. However, all is not lost, for the Jhoto league stood strong, and many pokémon trainers gathered their to protest from all across the world. Eventually, the demand for pokémon battles was so high, the Kanto region gave up ownership of the region and handed it to Cynthia, champion of Sinnoh, who declared that the region be their for all pokémon trainers strong enough. It was an ideal place for everyone, but due to the little amount of space, getting in isn't easy. The Jhoto league is the only way to gain entry, but just getting into the Jhoto league is hard enough.

Entry - You are walking in the allyway between 2 houses, and in the darkness a man in a brown trench coat, sunglasses, a bowler cap, and a scarf covering his mouth asks you, "Do you wish to join the league. All the information is on the page." He hands you a small note, and with that, he wanders off behind the houses, and is never seen again.

The note - The Jhoto league is for those who enjoy pokémon battling. The proven have messed with us too long. We will take action. Each trainer is given a battle token, which is enclosed within the envelope. You must challenge other trainers to a three on three battle, and the loser, must give the winner their tokens. The 8 winners will end up with 3 tokens each, as their are only 24 people alloud into the league. The system used is smarter than it may seem, cheating is no option. - Be careful of police fellow members, and remember, only one can win, and with that win, they can take themselves and their family to Kanto, where customs are the same.

Why Kanto? - Truth to be told, Kanto is more scientifically developed than Jhoto. Pokemon in Jhoto are no longer alloud to use their moves, and therefore this caused a disturbance in people's chain of work, causing technology to drop by a level, and recourses became harder to collect. Pokemon are kept as pets here, so it's strange to have a pokemon such as geodude, and you can sometimes be arrested if seen with vicious pokemon, or large ones. Kanto's line of work is based around pokemon, and makes getting a job there much easier, plus large pokemon can get their food, without being stared at, or caught by the police.

Pokemon alloud out in public - small pokémon that resemble those of pets, e.g poocheyena, skitty, etc. Human like pokémon are alloud out in public too, e.g jynx meditite, medicham, machop, etc. Other pokémon that resemble other animals, e.g arbok, are found in natural envirements, e.g Arbok or ekans may be found in the desert, and an ariados or spinarak may be found in a forest. (In other words, the rule is that pokémon resemble animals, and are treated as if animals.)

You - You are a teenage boy/girl hoping to move your family or/and yourself to Kanto, in hope of achieving this, you were recently given the note, and a token. Soon after you find yourself in amongst Goldenrod city, struggling to smuggle your pokémon and family around the city. In this roleplay, the neccesary things you will need is shelter, money, and your pokémon. Now go, your adventure awaits!

Boundaries - You can go pretty much anywhere within reason, but it would be best to stay in the vecinity of Goldenrod, as that is where most of the action happens.

Points of interest -
The Ruins Of Alph - jno surveillance goes on here, so having a battle is easy here.
Department store - Good shopping experience, indeed, but many people are living in the basement of this building in order to protect their pokémon.
Violet City Flying Gym - After the gym was shut down, it became a suitable place for trainers to battle against opponets in secret. It's also a good spot for training bird pokémon (obvs)
Daycare Centre - The daycare centre for pokémon was soon turned into a daycare for children, and jobs are easy to get if the elder's psychic powers judges you well.
Olivine city - here, you can get a boat to a resort island, free from monitisation, and many people wish it to stay that way. Many of the locals on this island may get angry if pokémon battles take place here incase they become monitised, and so 'The Proven' take advantage of this, and is their main source of income. (Btw the island is named Viso Island, and is close to the old Hoenn league, which is now a fitness gym.)

Rules - No bunnying without permission
No spamming.
Be active as much as possible.
During battles, work together to come up with a decent battle plan, and don't just rush in and say they are dead. I will decide who wins the battle by who has done the best post, and has used the best tactics.
No godmodding.
Have fun is always a nice rule, but you aren't here to have fun... Just Kidding!!​

Name -
Age - (13 - 16)
Personality - (min 5 lines)
History - (10 lines min, want really interesting charectors)
Description (or a picture, 5 lines minimal) -

Pokémon

Pkmn 1 species -
Pkmn 1 nickname -
Pkmn 1 moveset - (4)

Pkmn 2 species -
Pkmn 2 nickname -
Pkmn 2 moveset - (4)

Pkmn 3 species -
Pkmn 3 nickname -
Pkmn 3 moveset - (4)

Pkmn 4 species -
Pkmn 4 nickname -
Pkmn 4 moveset - (4)

Peeps playing ATM-
Crimson0191 - Yuki
Koopafan29 - Michael
GenethepowerfulXD - Gene [absent]
IceFyr1928 - Derek - [died and turns out her name now is deathofshadows]
ElBurrito - Justin
Sheraku - Tabris + Tsuya

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Name - Michael Sheranto

Age - (13 - 16) 15

Personality - (min 5 lines)

Michael is well not that mean and horrible for his age. He is kind to anyone who is let down or in a bad mood. He is tottaly different on the battlefield though as he doesn't care about the other battler even if he/she is crying about a loss. He stands up for anyone and not really anyone truly knows him. He can't take a loss either though and will walk away to train harder unfortunately he has been depressed lately. He then finally got exited because of the fabulas great news he got

History - (10 lines min, want really interesting charectors)

Michael lived in a small cottage when he was young and had a mother and father. His father was a speciak trainer and his mother was a former contest champion. They both liked Michael coaching him because his top goal was to be a pokemon champion. He was given an Electrike, a Horsea, a Houndor and a Beldum. He trained them all day and all night until finally turning them in to a Manectric, a Kingdra, a Houndoom and a Metagross. He battled everyday and always felt great which made him kinder. He then on one day lost to a person who would work out his strategy and then counter it. He was not annoyed nor sad he was extremly shocked. From that day on he worked hard to work out a fabulas battle strategy. Unfortunately bad things happened, a girl who wanted him to break down his battling decided to ask him out. Then the next day she broke him down bit by bit by telling him awful things about him when he finally got dumped. He was absosolutey depressed sad and couldn't battle. Finally when he got back to battling 'The Proven' came in banning all battling causing Michael to rage and despise the horrible cruel 'The Proven'. He was walking in an allyway when a man in a trenchcoat, sunglasses, a bowler cap and a scarf appears and says "Do you wish to join the league? All the information is on the page." Michael grabbed the page and looked at it it said ' The Jhoto league is for those who enjoy pokémon battling. The proven have messed with us too long. We will take action. Each trainer is given a battle token, which is enclosed within the envelope. You must challenge other trainers to a three on three battle, and the loser, must give the winner their tokens. The 8 winners will end up with 3 tokens each, as their are only 24 people alloud into the league. The system used is smarter than it may seem, cheating is no option. - Be careful of police fellow members, and remember, only one can win, and with that win, they can take themselves and their family to Kanto, where customs are the same." Michael looked up and the man was gone so he went to see his family.

Description: Michael is medium size for his age and is rather in fine shape. He has short blonde hair and Sky blue eyes. He wears different things depending on his mood so if he is wearing his blue cap, orange t-shirt and shorts he is happy. If he is wearing a black t-shirt with a red fleece and Trousers he is not in a very good mood. His trend is quite specific and you can sometimes see him in his special designer clothes. Very rarely you will see him wearing smart clothes because he doesn't like to look like a business man.

Pokémon

Team - (4 maximum)

Pkmn 1 species - Manectric
Pkmn 1 nickname - Prince
Pkmn 1 moveset - (4)Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Flamethrower and Thunder wave

Pkmn 2 species -Kingdra
Pkmn 2 nickname - Draco
Pkmn 2 moveset - (4) Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse

Pkmn 3 species - Houndoom
Pkmn 3 nickname - Hellhound
Pkmn 3 moveset - (4)Flame Blast, Crunch, Fire Fang and Agility

Pkmn 4 species -Metagross
Pkmn 4 nickname - Robo
Pkmn 4 moveset - (4)Zen headbutt, Bullet Punch, Protect and Meteor Mash

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@koopafan - It's good but just point out the proven have been around for quite some time. But yep, your accepted :)

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
okay, 8 places left, as I've reserved a space for me and my friend :)

Name - Yuki

Age - 15

Personality - Yuki cares a lot for is family, and as allways wanted the best for them. He hasn't had that many friends in life, so his social skills aren't very good. He will talk to his friends as he would with his family, and cares for them as much as his family, so parting from them brings him great pain. He often finds himself dozing off, or daydreaming, as he usually forgets about whats happening in life. When it comes down to battling, Yuki is quite suttle, and doesn't get competitive. When he loses, he sees it as a chance to get better, and when he wins, he doesn't get too overjoyed, but a smile, and a hug for his pokémon is enough.

History - Yuki was born in the orange island, island 1, and grew up their. After a terrible fire storm caused by a large flaming bird pokémon, Yuki and his family were forced to move out and onto island 2. On island 2, he struggled to make new friends, and was often picked on for his hair colour. (ginger) Soon after, e found the courage to face up to is bullies, with a few wild pokémon he had befriended, and people thought he was cool for a while after that. Later on, wen Yuki was 12, he and his family moved to Goldenrod city in search of work for his Father, who was still struggling with the new laws. In GoldenRod when Yuki was 13 he found a bag of empty pokéballs in the street, and decided to catch some pokémon to make his father proud, however, upon returning he was slapped for being ignorant, as his father was scared of being sent to jail. Yuki didn't blame his father for it, he blamed the law's, and after hearing about the Jhoto league, he took it upon himself to free his mother and father from the terrible life they live.

description - Yuki is around the average hight, and has green eyes. His hair is ginger, and messed up, and of quite a length, although as it is styled it doesn't look bad, but actually quite good. http://images.wikia.com/fruitsbasket/images/8/83/Kyo_sohma.jpg He wears a black top and over it, a blue bodywarmer. He hates jeans and wears red chino's instead (thin red pants basically) He wears converses on his feet.

Pokémon

Team - (4 maximum)

Pkmn 1 species - Ampharos
Pkmn 1 nickname - Wooly
Pkmn 1 moveset - thunderbolt, echoed voice, cotton guard, signal beam

Pkmn 2 species - Eevee
Pkmn 2 nickname - Light
Pkmn 2 moveset - Iron Tail, take down, hypervoice, synchronoise

Pkmn 3 species - riolu
Pkmn 3 nickname - Luke
Pkmn 3 moveset - Force palm, metal claw, poison jab, shadow claw

OMG i just noticed bu i didn't add a description section. I'll have to do that now...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I have a question about our Pokemon. What level should they be around? Are there Pokeballs? Lastly do Pokemon have to know a move to use it out of battle. I.E. an Ekans digging into the ground to hide.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
this is based around the anime, so to answer all your questions, they have no level, but evolve when they have trained hard enough, or you find an opening for an evolution to increase drama or something. Yes there are pokéballs, but they aren't sold and are mostly found in black markets, or in garbage dumps, in other words, black market is expensive, and garbage dumps are not trustworthy. For your last question, it says in the description that pokémon are treated like animals, so your answer would be yes. An Altaria, for example, can fly, but cannot use it as a move as it has no experience, same goes for dig and surf and dive, and waterfall, however moves that require skill, rock smash, cut, etc, would either require a move, or a decent amount of training.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I guess we can start now, Typh will join soon, I hope, and Maxew will too. Others can join when they please, so start when you want. I might post soon too

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
If no one else joins, I might just not bother -.- Theres really no point doing a roleplay with just 2 people out of 12. I think if there is at least 4 people, then that would be cool!

GenethepowerfulXD

Follower of Gene
Years
This looks like a very interesting rp, and to help the if get posted as soon as you guys where hoping on I'll try to have it done by tomorrow evening. So I'm reserving a spot. :3

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Reserved :) typh still hasnt created an su, so I guess he ishnt joining, and I'm gonna ask my friend about it later, so that means there are 8 places left, after yours and maxes SU! :3

GenethepowerfulXD

Follower of Gene
Years
 Sorry I kinda rushed it but I think I'll meet the standards. 

Name -  Gene Johnston

Age -  16

Personality - Gene is probably the most secretive person on the face of the earth. He lets no one know any truth about himself, no matter who nor why, but Gene is very outgoing and always willing to make new friends. Although he always makes makes new aliases to fit into his environment or to make him fit into a group (which sometimes gets out of hand). Most of the time he's very friendly and helpful, but if his position calls for him to be mean and aggressive he can act so perfectly. 

History - Gene was born in the grand city of Goldenrod. When he was little his best and only friend was the famous copycat girl. They where quite the pair Copycat with her ability to look like whoever she chose, and Gene to act like whoever he chose. They where best friends till Pokemon battles where banned, as well as Pokemon schools. Gene's parents had him shipped off to Olivine city where he learned technical engineering building trades. He secretly keeps the Pokemon he had collected and cherished during  his childhood. At the age of 16 Gene ran away from Olivine to try and return to the Goldenrod. After returning to Goldenrod he found that things had changes since  he had last been there. He later learned that his life long partner had been locked away, for not giving up her Pokemon. In a fit of rage Gene ran into an alleyway and punched the side of a building. A dark looming character came from behind a dumpster and handed Gene an envelope and then disappeared back into the shadows. After carefully reading here letter Gene formed a plan that would both save his love for Pokemon and his life long partner. He would have to win the Pokemon tournament.

Description - Gene is very small for his age he is only 4' 11'' and weighs 99 pounds. He is very skinny and very pale. If you didn't know him you'd think he'd be very fragile, But he can take a hit. He has metallic-silver coloured eyes and his nose almost bends back into his face. Gene refuses to wear anything other than blue jeans, and he always wears one of his favorite pokeball t-shirts and his black and grey     
jacket which on the big side, so it almost looks like a hooded cape. He also wears a backpack containing his personal possessions: his wallet (containing his bank/debut card and some money), 3 of his pokemon (maxwell  stays out of the pokeball at all times.), an ID card that can change. (he build it with his technological knowhow, It can change names, picture and just about everything on it. It has special touch farmilar settings on it so only he can change it. Besides that he'll store food or whatever objects he thinks he needs.

Pokémon

Pkmn 1 species -Sableye
Pkmn 1 nickname - Maxwell
Pkmn 1 moveset - Moonlight, dig, shadow sneak, and Ice punch

Pkmn 2 species - Porygon
Pkmn 2 nickname - Test 1.2.5 'Tec'
Pkmn 2 moveset - Discharge, Blizzard, Recover, and Double team.

Pkmn 3 species - Machoke
Pkmn 3 nickname - Big Mac 'Mac'
Pkmn 3 moveset - Crosschop, Stone tomb, Earthquake, Vital throw 

Pkmn 4 species - Charzard (stays hidden in back pack) 
Pkmn 4 nickname - Charcoal 
Pkmn 4 moveset - Fly, Flamethrower, Outrage, and Iron tail

Note: yes I know the Copycat girl from the anime/Game would be dead by this time and doesn't live in goldenrod but let's just say it the Copycats great great great ect. granddaughter.
It's ok if I use Machoke, I know he's a second stage and More of a fighter than a pet.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Hm. Interesting idea you have here. Plus, it just so happens... Yep! I've got an opening! SU incoming!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Name: Derek Stonemason

Personality: Derek is a generally easygoing fellow, when off the battlefield. When it comes to battles, Derek is cold, hard, and tactical. He often implements strategies that require all of his Pokemon to work together, thus resulting in a deep friendship between all of them. Despite this, Derek is very sociable, and likes to be around people. It is not rare for him to to start talking to people as though he had known them for years. He isn't a bad sport, and when he does lose, he will actually congratulate the other trainer. Derek does, however, have an issue with people that think that their Pokemon are but tools, and especially despises those that outlawed battles. It has been more than once that Derek has argued long and hard on the subject.

History: Originally from Fortree city, Derek grew up in a normal home, with a normal family. His father worked for a lumber company, and his mother worked in the city's gym. Everything was going well, and got only better as he recieved a young Charmander for his eleventh birthday. Normally, he would have gone on a journey for the gym badges of his and other regions, had there not been a law against battling. Despite this, Derek took his Charmander into the forest to train every day. One day while training, Deek stumbled across an injured Ralts, which he took home and raised in secret. As he didn't have a Pokeball, the small Pokemon followed him around, quickly befriending the young Derek and his Charmander. Things seemed perfectly normal, until the fateful day that his father died in a logging accident. Unable to support the family on her own, Derek's mother was forced to move to the Johto region, taking Derek and his two Pokemon with him. Charmander had evolved since then, now a mighty Charmeleon. Ralts also evolved during the trip, when they were stopped on an island to refuel. On that island, Derek befriended a Larion, which he managed to catch using a discarded great ball that he had found. His three Pokemon alongside him, Derek continued to Goldenrod city, where his mom had landed a job in the radio tower. Soon, he was off exploring the ruins of Alph, interested at first by their historic value, then later by the fact that he had his first battle. He won, something that he enjoyed. Later while exploring the area, he found a Pupitar, which Derek, who didn't know a thing about Johto Pokemon, thought it was a variation of a bug type Pokemon in its pupal stage. This theory was dashed as it evolved into a Tyranitar directly before his eyes. The long, grueling battle ensued, resulting in his catching of the Tyranitar, along with the evolution of Larion. The many days that followed were spent mostly hanging with friends in the ruins of Alph, training his Pokemon occasionally. By the time his Pokemon were fully evolved, something that took quite a while, Derek was already 16. He soon got word of the Johto league, and pursued it with all his might, though his attempts were in vain.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
I like Icefyr's SU ^^
I have another question. Do we start RPing traveling over to the jhoto league or right at the jhoto league?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Start wherever you like, it's your story, but I presume most people will start in Goldnerod, as that is where most of the battles will be. The league is just a place for protesters really.

Also icefyr, You know it your accepted

i posted te first chapter everyone, just someting to base your ideas on. it doesnt really matter if your going to the feastival or not, it sould make some good story. My charector is up for interaction in the streets next to the radio tower if anyone wants to interact really early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back