• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Pokemon Legacy (Beta 1.0)

f3gpp4.jpg

wb6vl5.png

Hello my name is fanp and this is the my first serious hack, Pokémon Legacy. I have research for months the bases of Gba rom hacking and now here i am posting my first rom hack.
Talking about Pokémon Legacy...it's a project i idealize in my head for some weeks and i want to take this project to the end.
I will apreciate constructive criticism.
And one last thing, i'm portuguese so sometimes/quite often i do grammar errors.

puigw.png

Ovidiu-Hiei (PokeForum-PT) - Beta Tester
Wargasm (PokeForum-PT) - Beta Tester

14v6aab.png

You are a Boy / Girl aged 16 who begins his journey in Viridian City and decide to go talk to Professor Oak to get is 1st pokémon. Your Pokemon that you receive is nothing more nor less than the 3rd generation of Red's main pokemon.

You discover that you have the central role in future events, which means that you must train to achieve your role play and nothing better than a trip over the good old kanto region.

Kanto changed after 10 years since Gold won the league Kanto-Johto.

Professor Oak was already retired and Blue who replaces him,while Pallet Town amounted to given the fame created by Red and Blue, both former champions .

You have to stop "Mr.Time" a man who tries at all costs become master of the world.

But tou do not able to stop him alone ...
In the course of events you will not be able to realize that alone and you will need to form a team to stop "Mr.Time."

16c1itw.png

-Pokemon from Sinnoh and Unova;

-The main villain have the power to control time;

-Changed evolutions;

-New OW and new sprites;

-Fusion between poke center and poke mart( B/W Style);

-Day/Night System;

-The starter is a Pichu;

-Decapitalization of pokemon names;

-Bounty-Hunting;

-New areas.

i3w0fm.png

343hd6s.png

Pallet Gym Leader - ???

343hd6s.png

Viridian Gym Leader - Luke

wgyt2.png

Pewter Gym Leader - Brock

euisfc.png

Cerulean Gym Leader - Misty

b7xjsy.png

Lavender Gym Leader - Morty

343hd6s.png

Vermilion Gym Leader - Joe

25i4tx2.png

Fuschia Gym Leader - Janine

343hd6s.png

Neo Cinnabar Gym Leader - ???

2mxo4y8.png

Level:
2z6ruqd.png

aajhwg.png

imlct1.png

2mre7te.png

hs42zp.png

imhrg5.png

34edr1f.png

2dvudt2.png

Evolution stone:
29qk1gh.png

r0pnno.png

34hylbb.png

x4vba.png

2jbr70m.png

ATK=DEF/ATK»DEF
wwj2tk.png

35jid1x.jpg

2uqoyn9.png

Beta 1.1
|||||||||| - 96%
Graphics - 100%
Scripting - 90%
Mapping - 100%

2n1an83.png

35a22kl.png
2uq213o.png
2jzbxk.png
34dq53k.png
2qvh9ht.png
ruta2x.png
r2jfhh.png
208jxo5.jpg
2jbjo92.png
ak7rzn.png
34dq53k.png
2vc94s1.png
2d1txjn.png
i5y6v8.png

ra9hec.png

legend:
Corrected It will be correct in the next release Can't correct right now

When your run, the hero OW become a mix of colour;

Totodile won't disappear right after you defeat/capture him;

If you lost before you heal your pokemon in a pokemon center, you will end in cinnabar.

28c3trk.png

Wesley FG- Tiles and OW's

Alistair- Tiles and pokeball OW.

Kiledove- Tiles

Wichu - De-capitalisation

diegoisawesome - D/P text font

HackMew - Pokemon OW's and HG sprites

Deoxys121 - Unova pokemon sprites and icons

Zelix (WaH) - Tiles

ChriSX698 - Brock Sprite

Mitchel1 - 16 collor GBA pallet and rom base

Zaux (WaH) - Platinum Textbox

SSJ4 Furanki - Magmortar and Electivire Front and Back sprites.

Mustafa5050 - Dialga OW

If i forgot anyone please send me a PM.

2vsja4l.png

Q: How do i run this on a emulator?

A: This is a ips. file you have to use the program lunar ips and patch a clean firered rom(U) with the ips file.

Q: So this can be played in any GBA emulator?

A: Only the visualboyadvance (1.7.2 ou superior) is supported, any other emulator can lead to occurrence of bug that does not happen in VBA.

2i87qxu.png

Beta 1
Length: End in Saffron Town (Without Bounty Hunting)

Beta 1.1 (Beta 1.0 + Bounty Hunting)

14ccopj.png

legacyversion.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273923"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/legacyversion.png[/IMG][/URL]

Credits to mavy42 for the banner.

kf0h2u.png

Credits to Danniel3000 for the banner.

Last edited:

PokeMasterPLA2

Pokemon Master, Hack lover
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
This games looks very promising. I can't wait to play it!
P.s. I like the whole direct future thing with a decendent of Ahs's Pikachu and Blue/Gary being the new profesor.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
This looks like a really exciting hack, one of the better ones I've seen lately, I just hope you stick with it as it could really work! Can't wait for a download/beta/whatever.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Pretty neat hack. The storyline is a bit simple how it goes from a guy getting his Pokemon and then its like "Oh yeah and there is a guy who controls time." The tiles and OWs look very nice but the maps have a little to much empty space and if I do say so myself a little to square. I'd love to see where this goes. Good luck.

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
This game looks great
What attracted me mostly is the changed kanto region,I'm looking forward to these changes(hopefully you haven't copied off hg\ss)
Anyways,Good luck!

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
This games looks very promising. I can't wait to play it!
P.s. I like the whole direct future thing with a decendent of Ahs's Pikachu and Blue/Gary being the new profesor.

Thanks.

This game looks great
What attracted me mostly is the changed kanto region,I'm looking forward to these changes(hopefully you haven't copied off hg\ss)
Anyways,Good luck!

You can rest, i will not copied hg\ss maps, I will use some of the maps from gold\hg but they are just drafts. 90% of the maps are news with some parts that resemble the old ones.
Thanks.

Pretty neat hack. The storyline is a bit simple how it goes from a guy getting his Pokemon and then its like "Oh yeah and there is a guy who controls time." The tiles and OWs look very nice but the maps have a little to much empty space and if I do say so myself a little to square. I'd love to see where this goes. Good luck.

Pretty much is that, but exists some things in the middle before the "Oh yeah and there is a guy who controls time".
About the empty space in the maps, i'm dealing with that. I like the square style...
Thanks.

This looks like a really exciting hack, one of the better ones I've seen lately, I just hope you stick with it as it could really work! Can't wait for a download/beta/whatever.

Thanks for your support.

xawa41.gif
Well, now let's talk about updates:
xawa41.gif

In first place i will say that the alpha 0.5 it's very close to be released.
It will contain 3 citys(Pallet,Viridian and Pewter).
The alpha 0.5 will end in Pallet City.
This alpha 0.5 it's just a first look about this project and will have a gift in player item storage(5 luxury balls).

And for last i have been working in the last city of the alpha 0.5.
I insert the phone booth, one in each city.
Pallet change a lot like a said in the main post. I can say that thanks to the fame that Pallet gain, a large number of tourists go to Pallet to see the former champions. So Pallet is no more a Town, now is a City.
You can see more in the screenshots.
It's all for now.

2z3x4iu.jpg

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pretty cool looking hack but the first thing I saw what that weird HP bar...
Dunno about the others but I don't really like it... is it intentional?

And by the way, kyo, please stop spamming every thread you visit. ;) Double or in this case triple -posting is breaking the rules.
If you want to offer your help, message the creator directly.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Sounds like a pretty cool hack to play. I like the name that you chose. The thing that I really like is the map that you drew. I hope that map will be somewhere in the actual game.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Nice looking hack, got still some things to improve though, like the HP bar, and i see some style clashes.

Also i really don't like the name =[

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Pretty cool looking hack but the first thing I saw what that weird HP bar...
Dunno about the others but I don't really like it... is it intentional?

And by the way, kyo, please stop spamming every thread you visit. ;) Double or in this case triple -posting is breaking the rules.
If you want to offer your help, message the creator directly.

First, the weird HP bar it's will be changed after the first alpha.
And thanks.

Sounds like a pretty cool hack to play. I like the name that you chose. The thing that I really like is the map that you drew. I hope that map will be somewhere in the actual game.

Thanks.
The name it's like the central word of this game, great part of the game the word legacy it can be detected, but in a indirect way.

Nice looking hack, got still some things to improve though, like the HP bar, and i see some style clashes.

Also i really don't like the name =[

Thanks for your criticism.
Definitely i have some things to improve and like you and Ash493 said one of them is the HP bar and yes there are some style that clashes and i will change some tiles.

xawa41.gif
Well, now let's talk about updates:
xawa41.gif

I've been working on the alpha 0.5 and i can now say a release date it will be between Wednesday and thursday.

I changed the first post a couple days ago and i will put some new screenshots and update old, the only thing left in the first post will be the CSS.

I will now present the characters in the alpha 0.5:

Main characters:

Hero: A courageous, impatient and friendly sixteen years boy that decide to become a pokemon trainer, this will trigger some events in Kanto region.

Professor Blue Oak:
Recently it replaced his grandfather, as the professor of the Kanto region. Decides to live in Viridian City near the house of the Hero. Like always he continues with the same conviced attitude.

Tom: A pokémon trainer that decide to make a pokemon journey around Kanto, it will become a trusted ally.

Alexis: She's will be other trusted ally that the here found in is way and Blue is her uncle.

Secondary characters:

Mr.Oak: After he quit the position of Kanto pokemon professor, he continues to work on pokemon research and help his grandson.

Cassie:
She's my assistant in the game, she will tell you some important in-game information about a place or about a person.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
nice features & story line. I'l look forward to the updates.

Last edited:

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Alpha 0.5

nice features & story line. I'l look forward to the updates.

Thanks for support :)

xawa41.gif
Alpha 0.5
xawa41.gif

Today i release the alpha 0.5, like i have scheduled.

Like i said before, this alpha contains 3 citys(Pallet, Viridian and Pewter) and you can beat Pewter gym.

Please enjoy playing the alpha :classic:

Alpha 0.5

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
xawa41.gif
Updates
xawa41.gif

I've been working in the insertion of new tiles(grass, trees,water), it's a mix of Alistair tiles and Wesleyfg tiles.

Well i can say too that the beta 1 will end in Cerulean city.
I've working on the mapping of route 3 and 4, Mt.Moon and Cerulean City.

My to-do list is the following:
Legend: Done Not done
Map:
Route 3;
Route 4;
Mt.Moon;
Cerulean City;

Inserted the definitive tiles to pokemon legacy(tileset 1):
Grass tiles;
Water tiles;
Tree tiles;

Pokecenter and Gym tiles(Outside);

Oh... and annouce the creation of Pokemon Legacy DLC: Luke Stories.

This is a DLC(like a short hack) with a few hours of playing that tells the story of the new Viridian gym leader, Luke.
The DLC will be off before the beta 1 and is passed in a island near of Kanto, the Sage Island.
It will be the first apparition of the Kanto Champion.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Just stopped by to say that while playing the alpha if you run your character becomes a glitch mix of colors other than that all's good.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Can't wait to test out and am hoping to see this updated in the future Good Work!
Edit: By the way how do I run this on a emulator?

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
wow just saw the updates u made since i last checked this hack. grabbing the alpha. great job cant wait for more updates.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Just stopped by to say that while playing the alpha if you run your character becomes a glitch mix of colors other than that all's good.

Thank you for reporting this. I knew about this is glitch, i messed up with the OW of the hero. It's a thing that i have to do when i finished what i planned.
Any way i will put this in the bugs.

the map looks really cool

Can't wait to test out and am hoping to see this updated in the future Good Work!
Edit: By the way how do I run this on a emulator?

It's a ips file, you have to patch a clean firered rom.
I will put what you have to do in the FQA.

wow just saw the updates u made since i last checked this hack. grabbing the alpha. great job cant wait for more updates.

Thank qaz015393 :D

xawa41.gif
Nano-Updates
xawa41.gif

First i will insert some OW of metapod and kakuna in the Viridian Forest.

And this is the tiles i will insert, give me your opinion about them.
344uucx.png

~Fanp

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
the ow tiles look great. Cant wait to see them in action.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
nice hack but the beta is too short to judge, however, looks promising

Edit: I found 2 errors
1435896704.png

2032455814.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.