• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damn I aint got no suncream ^_^ OU

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
RULES(Read These Please)

While I greatly appreciate your input (I'm relying on it to improve my team ^_^) there are a guidelines I'd like to address:

1: Please be as constructive as possible with your answers, don't change my Poke's sets to whatever smogon says is best, I would like your advice to help my TEAM not my pokemon. I've tried to go into my pokemons set's in as much detail as possible to help you all somewhat.

2: My team is only in the "testing stage" and most of the team can be changed around quite a bit if you can think of a pokemon that would do the job of one of my Poke's better TELL ME! I would be extremelly grateful :)

3:If my team has a problem please point it out but don't just point it out how is it a problem? how can I fix it? why is your solution better than what I have already?

Heres My Team

I decided to go around and make myself the best team of each weather before the next generation if possible, I decided to start with sun as it's the one I have the least experience with. Its OU there's only one pokemon that can summon permanent sun:

38.png

Ninetales
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
Ev's: 88Hp | 252Sp.Atk | 168Spe
Move's: Fire Blast | Solarbeam | Hidden Power Ice | Sunny Day

This is what I've been testing out so far Ninetales lacks the power to run a scarf, lacks sufficient speed to run specs and I'm not even gonna go into nasty plot 168 speed evs outspeeds what it needs to maxed out special attack and the rest into hp to take some extra hits we want our weather inducer to stay in the game so leftovers is our item of choice for reliable recovery, fire blast hits hard in the sun solarbeam hits the water switch in and does sufficient damage can take a nice chunk out of tyranitar and hippowdon under sun, hp ice stops those pesky dragons from setting up and deals some damage to the omnipresent landorus might consider replacing this with something more creative, sunny day grants me a few turns when I predict the switch in of another weather inducer although its not really a good idea to stay in against tyranitar or hippowdon or specs toed.

You can't expect much more it is ninetales after all it hasn't got the stats or the movepool to pull out much else after I win the weather war most of the time it just becomes death fodder.

Next I added someone to abuse the sun I didn't have to think for long to come up with:

555.png

Darmanitan
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Scarf
Ev's: 4 Hp |252 Atk |252 Spe
Move's: Flare Blitz | Superpower | rock slide | U-turn

Uber revenge killer/scouter/Kill stuff Flare blitz Kills EVERYTHING under the sun, superpower is mainly for heatran,tyranitar e.t.c. rock slide is a nice coverage move that gets a sheer force boost and u-turn is nice for scouting darmanitans counter before I sweep with him late game if anything it just takes a nice chunk out of the lati's espeon starmie e.t.c. Adamant was for power and the scarf mitigates its low speed somewhat it cant outspeed anything at +2 or faster scarf users like terrakion

No sun team would be complete without a Chlorophyll sweeper and the best of them being:

3.png

Venasaur
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
Item: Life Orb
Ev's 4 Hp | 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe
Move's: Growth | Hidden Power(Fire) | Sludge Bomb | Giga Drain

anyone whos faced a sunteam knows the terror that is Venasaur after 1 growth it 2HKO's the entire metagame and is hard to revenge kill if your not running scizor one problem I've had so far is imposter ditto god I hate that guy >:( Modest+lifeorb+ev spread=more power faster growth is awesome sludge bomb and giga drain are two awesome stabs and giga drain is reliable enough at recovering hp Hidden power fire burns everything steel type and recieves a boost from the sun. I decided on a purely special set as darmanitan is my physical abuser of the sun

Now that I have my weather inducer and abusers I need something that resist's fire I figured why not use something with Flash fire as it can soak up fire blasts and gain moment with a power boost who would be a better candidate than:

485.png

Heatran
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ev's 252 hp | 4 Def | 252 Sp.Def
Move's: Lava Plume | Stealth Rock | Protect | Roar

The choice between leftovers and air balloon is tough I've been using leftovers to make it last as long as possible, lava plume has a high chance of burning things but most of the time its either superpower,close combat or earthquake aimed at heatran which it will die to regardless stealth rock is always nice because I get a free turn most times I switch it in protect is for ease of prediction and recovery if I decide to keep leftovers roar is for phazing set up sweepers, stallers, racking up sr damage and lava pluming the switch again ev's serve as a specially defensive pivot

Next I decided on a second revenge killer because there are so many threats in todays metagame and one of my favorite's is:

645.png

landorus
Ability: Sand force
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
Ev's: 252 Atk | 4 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe
Move's: Earthquake | Stone Edge | Hidden Power Ice | U-turn

Vs sand this can ko 3-4 pokemon on its own EQ and stone edge hit hard HP ice is for gliscor, dragons and opposing landorus/landorus-T u-turn is used to scout and gain momentum most of landorus' switch ins are easily dealth with by venasaur who grabs a free growth and proceeds to sweep
Naive nature and 4 evs gives hp ice as much power as possible its job is very one dimensional once my opponent figures out its scarfed its usually to late to do anything but early game can be very predictable its flying typing grants it free switch ins because of the numerous pokemon earthquake gets aimed at

Finally I decided my team needed a little more support I tried out starmie, hitmontop and forretress but they just didn't feel comfortable at all and rarely got their job done so I decided on a different approach that required a little more prediction:

196.png

Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid
Item: Light Clay
Ev's: 252 Hp | 4 Def | 252 Speed
Move's: Reflect | Light Screen | Heal bell | Morning Sun

Magic bounce is broken, why you no know this? untauntable, unphazable and instead of just spinning away hazards often places hazards/status on my opponents pokemon, prankster pokemon lacking an appropriate move can't touch it either, sure its sleightly on the frail side but in the sun, morning sun recovers 2/3 of its health and once dual screens are up only dedicated sweepers can KO it (damn you scizor) and dual screens makes sweeping a lot easier

Anyway that's my team Ninetales and Venasaur are staples of almost any sun team so pretty much everything else is interchangeable I look forward to your input ^_^

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe is the better spread on defensive Heatran so that it takes less damage from Stealth Rock upon switching in.

Other than that, team looks good, though an offensive move might be worth considering on Espeon so that it can do something besides supporting with Dual Screens.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe is the better spread on defensive Heatran so that it takes less damage from Stealth Rock upon switching in.

Other than that, team looks good, though an offensive move might be worth considering on Espeon so that it can do something besides supporting with Dual Screens.

Thank you ^_^ Think I might do 248/8def/252 instead tho the 8 in speed doesnt make much odds and itll take less damage from a resisted physical hit, personally espeon cant do enough damage to anything to even bother with a an offensive move so if anything I could give it something to spread status?

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Have you thought of bulking out the defences a bit for darmanitan at all?
I'm just wondering, that's what I would do and give it a life orb, sheer force negates the life orb damage. Worked a dream on my steelix.

Just a thought, everything in general looks pretty good though. Good luck with it.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Have you thought of bulking out the defences a bit for darmanitan at all?
I'm just wondering, that's what I would do and give it a life orb, sheer force negates the life orb damage. Worked a dream on my steelix.

Just a thought, everything in general looks pretty good though. Good luck with it.

Sheer force+STAB+sun=death theres no need for life orb and darmanitan is too slow to get away without a choice scarf, darmanitans defenses are pitiful and its attack stat is huge why would you invest in defense at all? steelix is different its a physical wall its not its job to hurt things

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Speaking of Sheer Force, why don't you use Sheer Force Landorus? Sand Force Landorus really is only good in Sandstorm, and Sheer Force let's you have a less situational Sand Force that applies to all moves, not just three types. If you do make this change, I'd suggest Earth Power over EQ first off, as Sheer Force makes it do more damage than EQ would. If you wan't to make it more specially based, you could also replace Stone Edge for Focus Blast as it makes you more Specially Balanced and you could replace the EVs with a 252 SpA / 4 Atk spread instead of a 252 Atk / 4 SpA spread. Even if this change isn't made, I highly suggest changing the item on Landorus. Landorus outspeeds a lot of Pokemon already, and there's no point in having two Scarfers on a non-all choiced team. It makes your team very hazard weak. So Sheer Force and LO over Sand Force and Choice Scarf would probably be a good idea.

Back