• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
The two on the left are from Next Destinies expansions?

Absolutely correct. The left one is more common than the middle one, because the general hierarchy for Pokemon card rarities in current sets goes something like this:

Lowest < Highest

Common < Uncommon < Rare < Holo Rare < Ultra Rare (Normal EX cards and Ace Specs fall here) < "Double" Ultra Rare - just guessing on the name for this one (Full Art cards) < Secret Rare (The cards with a number outside the "collector's number range - ie: the Pikachu from Black & White numbered as 115/114 and the Charizard from Boundaries Crossed numbered something as 136/135).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If I use Garbodor's Double Ducts attack and when I flip the coin, I get 2 tails. Does that mean that my attack does 0 damage?

Spoiler:

Years
what happens when both me and my opponent have no basics in our hand at the beginning of our game, do we both get an extra card?

Years
what happens when both me and my opponent have no basics in our hand at the beginning of our game, do we both get an extra card?

Actually, neither player gets to draw an extra card because neither player had a Basic.

I want to make a poison deck, are they any good?

Depends on who you're playing against and which one's you're looking at.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Something like Crobat. The one with the draw a card ability and the 40 damage poisoning attack that does 4 damage counters instead of 1.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Got any suggestions for support? I just restarted the TCG since like a month ago, don't have a lot of knowledge of what cards are good support for it yet.

Years
INFERNO FANDANGO !!!!!

So my question today is, how to use this one ?

emboar.jpg

the ability says ; you may attach a fire energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon

and the Ability also says as often as you like during your turn

Sooooo , how many fire cards can I attach ?
Let's say I have 5 fire energies in my hand.....can I attach all 5 to one of my Pokemon, or 2 fire energies to one benched Pokemon and the other 3 to another benched Pokemon ? OR.....only 1 extra(cos I can already attach an energy once during my turn) fire energy during my turn

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
This card is very similar to Blastoise, except it uses water energy. When this card is on the bench, you can attach AS many FIRE ENERGY AS OFTEN as you CHOSE to ANY Pokemon. So if you're certain you want to attach 5 fire energy to one Pokemon, you can just attach them all at once. If you're unsure and you put 1 energy at a time onto the same or different Pokemon, it doesn't matter, the move is still accurate and correct.
So basically when this card is on the field, you can keep loading the same or different Pokemon with fire energy.

Years
YES!!!! thanks !!!!
Cos I have 4 Reshiram in my deck, the outrage and blue flare one. So this is perfect for me.
Cos blue flare wants me to discard 2 fire energy, and I have a lot of fire energy cards in my deck, as well as energy retrieval trainer cards (well, only the allowed 4)
Thanks for your help.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
How do I know which ones of my old cards are still playable? I got some trainer cards and I want to know if I can still play some of them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
It actually isn't that easy to find on the pokemon.com site, but each year they update the document stating what the modified format is under Play!Pokemon Rules and Resources.
For this year, the format is Black & White and everything released after it. Nothing older than Black & White is modified legal for tournaments.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Question: What booster pack should I start buying for more Fire Types then any other. I just got an EX Victini and has inspired me to focus on a fire theme. I've looked through some booster packs like Unleashed and Noble Victories but the fire types in both those packs are awfully limited.

So does anyone have any suggestions for fire type booster packs or at least one that has a lot of them?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They have some decent fire cards and fire energy in the Druddigon theme deck. That's a good way to start.

Years
Question: What booster pack should I start buying for more Fire Types then any other. I just got an EX Victini and has inspired me to focus on a fire theme. I've looked through some booster packs like Unleashed and Noble Victories but the fire types in both those packs are awfully limited.

So does anyone have any suggestions for fire type booster packs or at least one that has a lot of them?

Of all the most recent sets from Spring 2011 onward, Plasma Storm and Boundaries Crossed have the most fire types, though it's debatable whether they have the best fire types. I'm not sure which boosters have the most of all time, though, and that would require filtering through 60+ sets.

Years
i know there used to be a double battle format before in pokemon tcg but it is not allowed
anymore. anyone know how it was played. i'm just playing between friends

Back