• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I for sure hope to win something. In any case, I'm here to advertise my RP. I need a leader for Team Storm. My RP is Bara's Storm [PG-16]. Is anyone interested in being the Team leader of Team Storm?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It's not a war or a fight or anything, its a misunderstanding. I am upset because people don't read or understand what I've been saying.

All I'm trying to say is simply vote who you think is right. I'm trying to stop the high school drama about it all, not start it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I agree with Skymin here guys, not because she is the mod or we are friends, but because what she is saying is true. If you don't have a reason to vote someone in a particular category, then there is no need to vote for them or in that category at all. Sure, its just a silly reward system on a forum, but it really brings the integrity of the Roleplay Corner down when it becomes a more of a popularity contest than on writing skill.

It really isn't that hard to take five or ten minutes out of your day to look at other Roleplays that you nor your friends are in and have a look. I'm usually working full time, or studying full time at university and working part time, not to mention commitments outside these, and I can still find the time in my busy life to have a look at other Roleplays and RPers.

There is no point in making a big deal about this, but guys, seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to write a couple of sentences why you think this particular Roleplay or Roleplayer deserves to be voted in that specific category.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
I've had this idea for quite a while in my mind, for more than a week, but now I'm finally turning it into an RP!

Pokemon Reversal -

It's called Pokemon Reversal, inspired by the 'Russian Reversal' meme. you see, when people say something like, "At lunch, you eat food", and they'll be like "In Soviet Russia, the food eats YOU"

So right now? "Humans catch Pokemon." I guess you can think what's going to happen next.

In future Sinnoh, Pokemon has taken over the region, and Humans are forced to live in Jubilife or in the woods (Or tall grass where they make shelter like outcasts), nowhere else. Still in plotting phase though. IN FUTURE SINNOH, POKEMON CATCHES YOU! I think the humans should have the elemental powers as well :3 Grass, Elec etc to fight for their 'masters', the Pokemon.

Anyway...in the future, Pokemon's gonna overthrow Humans and rise with power, forcing the people to live in Jubilife City, nowhere else. Some humans escape and live in 'camps', located in forests and less obvious places, hence the possibility of 'A WILD HUMAN HAS APPEARED!'.

A Pokemon can have two humans max instead of five. They'll also be captured into Pokeballs, slightly modified for humans only. And because of that, the humans will gain power of a single element when being captured into the ball for the first time. So basically, if Andy, a nobody guy, gets sucked into a Pokeball, he'll gain a power...let's see...okay, for example, he'll have Water. When he is summoned by the Pokemon, his master, he has to do what Pokemon normally does - serve, fight, and be loyal. It's the other way around. So with the water elements, the HUMANS fight for the POKEMON. The Pokemon will be able to talk to their Humons (Human-monsters ^^) through telepathy.

The reason why Pokemon's taking over - The humans have been holding a 'Leader' Pokemon in an underground laboratory, and that Leader pokemon (it's not legendary but people obey him and listen. Like a king) has power to rally the others, to take over the humans. But before that could happen, the humans had captured and locked him up. That is, until he's free again. Now that he's free, he's succeeded in summoning his people, and humans have no power to stop it.

^ quoted from different posts etc.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I've had this idea for quite a while in my mind, for more than a week, but now I'm finally turning it into an RP!

Pokemon Reversal -

It's called Pokemon Reversal, inspired by the 'Russian Reversal' meme. you see, when people say something like, "At lunch, you eat food", and they'll be like "In Soviet Russia, the food eats YOU"

So right now? "Humans catch Pokemon." I guess you can think what's going to happen next.

In future Sinnoh, Pokemon has taken over the region, and Humans are forced to live in Jubilife or in the woods (Or tall grass where they make shelter like outcasts), nowhere else. Still in plotting phase though. IN FUTURE SINNOH, POKEMON CATCHES YOU! I think the humans should have the elemental powers as well :3 Grass, Elec etc to fight for their 'masters', the Pokemon.

Anyway...in the future, Pokemon's gonna overthrow Humans and rise with power, forcing the people to live in Jubilife City, nowhere else. Some humans escape and live in 'camps', located in forests and less obvious places, hence the possibility of 'A WILD HUMAN HAS APPEARED!'.

A Pokemon can have two humans max instead of five. They'll also be captured into Pokeballs, slightly modified for humans only. And because of that, the humans will gain power of a single element when being captured into the ball for the first time. So basically, if Andy, a nobody guy, gets sucked into a Pokeball, he'll gain a power...let's see...okay, for example, he'll have Water. When he is summoned by the Pokemon, his master, he has to do what Pokemon normally does - serve, fight, and be loyal. It's the other way around. So with the water elements, the HUMANS fight for the POKEMON. The Pokemon will be able to talk to their Humons (Human-monsters ^^) through telepathy.

The reason why Pokemon's taking over - The humans have been holding a 'Leader' Pokemon in an underground laboratory, and that Leader pokemon (it's not legendary but people obey him and listen. Like a king) has power to rally the others, to take over the humans. But before that could happen, the humans had captured and locked him up. That is, until he's free again. Now that he's free, he's succeeded in summoning his people, and humans have no power to stop it.

^ quoted from different posts etc.

Haha, sounds exactly like a ROM I was making on PKMN Hackers Online a while ago... if you expand on this idea, I can see it doing well.

Years
*hears RPAs* *enters b*tch mode*

All the said reasons by SV, DI and Skymin are why I don't like the RPAs. I find that everything has become as dirty as politics. People currying favour and support from their friends and peers when deep down, they know they actually don't deserve it. Plus people seem to be either downright dense or stubborn if they can't understand the fact they can't vote for the same old geezer time and time again. And like, just 'cause someone's in your favorite RP, doesn't mean they "oh so fabulous". Be a little more open-minded, will ya?
EDIT: By the way I've been stalking some convos of some people (no names to be mentioned), and asking others to vote for you in the RPAs is just really low...
Adding on to this statement, I've seen people using the reverse psychology method to garner votes by "seeking empathy and acting pitiful" (going all puppy-dog face on others). That is not cool, kays. And to put it frankly, doing that only makes you look totally b***hy. I personally am very particular about this because I am totally disgusted by such behavior and to think I'd see it PCers. Shame!

Also, what Immortal One said is true, seeing the same winners each time makes me sick. Such a cycle continues until there come a point whereby there is really no need for the RPAs to exist since everybody will always vote for that person. Do we really want that now? Think about it. <inserts witty conclusion> Toodles~

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Judging from the mood of this thread quite a few people are unhappy with the RPA. personally I don't get involved in the RPA. I have a suggestion for a slightly different system that could very well be fairer. There were problems with the student of the year at a club I attend. Everyone voted for their friends and in the end the winner had very few votes. So instead a system was implemented where the head of the club nominated people and only they could be voted for. Now as it is this may still ne considered unfair, it would mean Skymin has a lot of work to do and people may feel missed out. So I suggest a council of experienced RPers is formed by Skymin, possibly former award winners who choose candidates. I would also add that there should be a thread where RPers can suggest candidates for the council to consider.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
*hears RPAs* *enters b*tch mode*

All the said reasons by SV, DI and Skymin are why I don't like the RPAs. I find that everything has become as dirty as politics. People currying favour and support from their friends and peers when deep down, they know they actually don't deserve it. Plus people seem to be either downright dense or stubborn if they can't understand the fact they can't vote for the same old geezer time and time again. And like, just 'cause someone's in your favorite RP, doesn't mean they "oh so fabulous". Be a little more open-minded, will ya?

Adding on to this statement, I've seen people using the reverse psychology method to garner votes by "seeking empathy and acting pitiful" (going all puppy-dog face on others). That is not cool, kays. And to put it frankly, doing that only makes you look totally b***hy. I personally am very particular about this because I am totally disgusted by such behavior and to think I'd see it PCers. Shame!

Also, what Immortal One said is true, seeing the same winners each time makes me sick. Such a cycle continues until there come a point whereby there is really no need for the RPAs to exist since everybody will always vote for that person. Do we really want that now? Think about it. <inserts witty conclusion> Toodles~

I totally agree with you. That's why I don't like RPAs too and don't vote there. I mean, this isn't a popularity contest! (Duh, I'm mimicking Skymin now...) You shouldn't vote for one person on and on and on and on and on... Maybe other people deserve emblems, for example I believe Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers, Swan, Ichiro, Skymin, Romdinner, DeepImpact and Zerin also deserve the best roleplayer emblem. (I respect you guys. And I forgot to mention SuperVegeta too.) Maybe it's time we opened our eyes and came back to Earth.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@|Equinox|: It's... kinda similar to Planet of the Pokemon by TheAmazingAipom, which was accepted today. Not saying that it's exactly the same, but kinda similar.

@Everybody: What Skymin, SV, Dia, Ichiro and The Immortal One said. One problem I've seen is that when nobody has any proper candidate to vote for, they'll automatically redirect to Supervegeta or his RPs. I'm not saying that he's not a good RPer, he's an absolutely brilliant RPer, but the fact that he's already won like twice or thrice already, AND the best RPer of the Year award, voting for him AGAIN (despite it being against the rules) is what I'd like to term as... overkill xDDD

@The warden: I suggested that method to Skymin a few hours ago xD Except that there were a few differences. People chosen by the mod or a certain group of people tends to get messy. The nominations (ones chosen by a mod) had been a bit of a problem in the Member of the Year Awards, as that issue was raised in this thread.

What I suggested was this: Let players nominate the worthy people themselves. That way, the newer Awards will retain the community aspect of the current RPAs. Like you mentioned, there would be a council of members created by the moderator (Skymin) and they would act like the 'judges', and basically choose who deserves to win that award.

A suggestion is that people who nominate people can provide a link to the post(s) that probably reflects WHY that particular RPer deserves that Particular Emblem. For example, if I want to nominate Miss Doronjo as the The Most Entertaining RPer, I could probably link to his current, most amusing posts in Arcanum that would help the council decide if he deserves to win or not. Also, maybe a short explanation (like in the current RPAs) as well. Overall, I feel it could work. IF Skymin decides to go ahead with this method, it could either be implemented in the next quarter, or IF this RPAs get out of hand, this RPAs itself, maybe. But since it's still a rather rough idea, it's most probably going to be coming next quarter (if it's accepted, that is.).

The only problem I actually find with this is that the people in the council should not be biased themselves. >.> Tbh, I'm very sure that Skymin has made it very clear that she is not biased in her current posts in the Discussion thread, and I guess we could all trust her to actually choose worthy, mature people to decide the winners. One suggestion for the council could be Supervegeta, and that will probably clear up the "Supervegeta-Redirect-Syndrome" xD

Anyways, if that method doesn't get the green light, we could go ahead with the Achievement System, I guess. >.> I'm fairly sure I would be able to help shape that up. :P

tl;dr we need a new system and those are probably a few suggestions put forward by me lol.

@Titan.Justin: Wow bro, thanks for thinking that I'm worthy of winning the Best Rper Award xD But really, I'm definitely not. There are many more, MUCH better RPers than me out there. RHCP, Swan, Mira, Raikiri, Ichiro, Skymin, Supervegeta and a few others deserve it waaaay more than me. I still have a long way to go :D

Actually many of the RPers I mentioned above are underrated. It's disappointing to see how many RPers with potential AND those who are actually good are just ignored and eventually fade away. Sad, really.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Got bored reading everyone's posts about the RPAs, so I decided to count how many times people said "I" in their posts here. Apparently some of you are very self-centered.

Let's go back to RP discussions. Anyone have any ideas for RPs they were/are making? I saw Equinox's idea a bit up, but anyone else got any ideas?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Er, ok then. Just pointing out again, in case no one read my last post, that there's a spot open for the leader of Team Storm. I can't do it due to my grades so I can't use the computer anymore. :( I really need a team leader. My RP is Bara's Storm.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm kind of liking the nomination idea so much right now. And I've practically already picked a team of people in my head. Plus I've already kind of thought out a system. If it gets enough support, I might delete the RPAs thread and go ahead with it next month (since march is technically the end of the first quarter). I would start it on the beginning of march then start the judging in mid march.

Keep suggesting ideas guys.

On the topic of roleplays, we recently had a small influx of new members joinin Atlantis Arising. Spots are still open and we'll soon be at a point where we won't be accepting people, so if you're real keen, definitely checks it out, brus.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The immediate concern I have with electing judges is that there is no one best prototype of a roleplay or roleplayer. That's all subjective, and if we take away the votes of people we don't agree with when there isn't exactly hundreds of us to begin with we are stepping onto a slippery slope to silencing the completely legit values of those that disagree with us.

Because of the nature of awards as is, I forsee the new awards being even more competitive than the last, alienating less competitive RPers to the point that it harms their RP experience via peer pressure and being looked down on for being different.

I've watched what happens when RP communities start pushing the competitive mindset too hard.

It would take some extremely good judge selection to make such a system work, balancing values and never letting anyone too pushy on the team.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lol, the nomination idea is good, if not hard, and I'm sure if Skymin goes with it, she'll pick competent judges who are without much bias (although to eliminate it entirely would be impossible).

And don't worry, PKM, competitiveness isn't going to destroy the RP Corner as we know it. xD

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
For a RP, I've had a few in mind that I haven't been able to decide between. All of them at the same time would probably be a bit much.

There is, of course, the possiblity that I'd remake Gladiators with a few plot changes. For those of you who weren't around the when I made this RP, here is a short (and terrible) summary:

Dialga and Celebi get into a fight in Viridian forest. There battle causes a disruption in time, sening many of the surrounding Pokemon back in time a few thousand years to medieval times. In this time, Pokemon are forced to fight to the death in specially made arenas. The Pokemon sent back in time must now find a way to return to their own time.

I have some developments I'd make to the plot, but that's the very basics of it.

My idea I've already used on another forum, so I probably won't use it here unless it gets enough interest. It's called Spirits of Legend, and this is the basic plot:

Millenia ago, when creatures of myth and legend roamed the land, mankind lived in harmony with the world around it. Their peaceful world was disrupted by an evil that threatened to destroy every living thing on the planet. With the help of the legendary beasts man was able to defeat the darkness and lock it away in the farthest reaches of the planet, where its ever lingering presence froze the landscape for all eternity. However, victory came at a cost: the spirits of the mythical beasts that locked away the darkness were also sealed, only to return if the shadows were to somehow escape. That day has finally come. The ancient evil has breached the seal, and even know the beings of darkness are preparing to destroy this world. The spirits of legend are stirring, seeking out vessels worthy of their might. These vessels will receive a portion of the spirit's powers, as well as the ability to change into the spirit's true form. They don't have much time to prepare; darkness is on the rise.

My final RP idea is based around a book I'm writing, and would somewhat be to help me get over writer's block and decide on a few elements of the story, as well as for enjoyment. The name I'm thinking to use for it is Mystland: The Lost Guardian. I'm still working on building a plot for this one, but this is what I'm thinking of:

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test sujects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.

Which one do you guys like best?

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
I had idea about an apocalyptic roleplay that I want to do, although there are some major plot holes that need to be filled before I get serious about anything.

Plot

In the future, hundreds of years after an apocalyptic event destroyed much of the world, making it inhospitable and quite difficult to live. The events hundreds of years ago included mostly nukes when many nations went to war, and the atmosphere was severely damaged. The nukes also caused earthquakes and tidal waves due to siesmic activity because of the shockwaves. To make things short, nukes f****d up the world, and now it looks somewhat like hell.

The roleplayers are a group of people (teenagers or something?) who are nomads, decendents of the survivors who have lived in the hellish world all of their lives. They walk around, loot any cities or towns they come across, and move on. One day they stumble accross an unfamiliar and strange structure, with wierd runes on it. (Think sorta like the portal from Stargate, or the time gate in Final Fantasy 13 part 2) Accidentaly, they activate it, and a blinding light eminates from the structure. As all smart people do, they walk towards and into the light, and are thrown through time to the present, 2012, with limited time to stop the disaster which caused the future to be ruined.

Alright, thats the basic plot, but as I said, HUGE PLOT HOLES!!! For example, who is the bad guy? Thats my main problem, who is going to destroy the world. And the entire section about the nukes destroying the world and everything can be edited out to _________ destroyed the world because of ____________ and did___________ to destroy it.

Anyways, thats the basic idea. I would put my brain to it and fill the plot holes now, but I am pretty busy with 3 roleplays already and high school at the same time. So maybe this summer? Or maybe late spring, whenever I stop being busy and everything. And maybe get a Co-GM to do it with me, I dont think I'm prepared to totally start my own RP just yet...

So yeah, just some ideas......AND STEALING IS BAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back