• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
hey musketeer wens the release date? i rele want to play this game

As listed in this forum's rules, don't ask for release dates. It's impolite. If the creator had a release date, don't you think it would already be listed in the first post? Everyone has their own schedules, and release dates vary by developer.

Snippet from official rules in this forum:
Do not ask about release dates.
Unless the author has mentioned a specific date then please refrain from asking when a game will be released.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Pokémon: Phoenix Rising [This is NOT a hack]

[SIZE="a"]Can you not read or something? He just said not to ask about release dates and used the rules to back himself up. The creator will put up a release date when he thinks his game is ready for release.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Normally I'd go ahead and delete these posts, but it seems I need to set an example. Guys, do not ask about release dates. That much is obvious. Why? Look here. Secondly do not reply to people who do telling them it's wrong and why, as that is mini-modding. Just hit the report button and leave it at that. Thanks.

Migrating Mews

Mew Master
Years
Can't wait to play this! BTW, do you have anymore updates about the game coming up yet? Maybe adding in animated sprites like how BW2 does? Either way, still looks great man. :)

Puccio

Green Oak
Years
This is looking incredibly good. I'm amazed at the screens and the music is simply epic. Really nice job, I can't actually wait to play this pal. ;)

So, this being made on RPG Maker, we won't need any emulator, huh?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
This is looking incredibly good. I'm amazed at the screens and the music is simply epic. Really nice job, I can't actually wait to play this pal. ;)

So, this being made on RPG Maker, we won't need any emulator, huh?
Correct. This will be ran using an .exe file on Windows.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Simply taking a break until I can get inspired again. I'll try do so very soon however.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Hey, do what you have to do. That's the great thing about projects like this you can just stop whenever you want, and not have to worry about the repercussions. Hopefully you find inspiration and finish this; it was looking really boss.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
If this game gets finished it would simply be THE best fanmade pokemon to EVER come out!!
good job on just everything yu did on this game.

my opinion though those 2 starter pokemon yu mentioned are a bit of a disappointment, now im not sure if you changed them back to the first 3 yu had or just changed them..

hope yu release soon! or just update

story 10/10
characters 10/10
graphics 10/10
starters 3/10

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The starter Pokemon are Growlithe, Petilil and Staryu. Part of the story has to do with evolution stones, and Professor Signomi is interested in evolutionary methods, particularly through stones. So the starter Pokemon actually fit into the storyline strongly. I wanted to integrate them that much more. Here's an excerpt from the storyline to refresh your memory.

A myth known as "The Phoenix Rising" tells of Ho-oh, and a vague history of its rebirth. It is said that Ho-oh is to present itself to a remarkable trainer or to bear testimony to the greatness of a ruler, but only if they possess a certain item. The great stones of old, nine believed to be stones of evolutionary power; Fire, Water, Grass, Thunder, Sun, Bright, Dusk, Dawn and Moon. One, known to be much more rare. With a single purpose; to raise a Pokemon from the very ashes it crumbled into, known as the Stone of Rebirth. These stones are to be of unlimited value in Hawthorne, but are seldom held by ordinary people.
So I do feel that given how I've written the storyline, the starters chosen are actually quite good. They're all also fairly popular Pokemon too. But it is impossible to choose 3 starter Pokemon that everyone will enjoy.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
The starter Pokemon are Growlithe, Petilil and Staryu. Part of the story has to do with evolution stones, and Professor Signomi is interested in evolutionary methods, particularly through stones. So the starter Pokemon actually fit into the storyline strongly. I wanted to integrate them that much more. Here's an excerpt from the storyline to refresh your memory.

So I do feel that given how I've written the storyline, the starters chosen are actually quite good. They're all also fairly popular Pokemon too. But it is impossible to choose 3 starter Pokemon that everyone will enjoy.

I will back-up this claim.

The starters are symmetrical in stages and evolutionary methods.
The pokemon are very popular. I can attest to this myself.
Lilligant is my favorite grass-type.
Arcanine is my second favorite fire-type.
Starmie is was my favorite pokemon of Kanto.
The variety in appearance is great as well, Lilligant is elegant and cheerful, Arcanine is tough and intimidating, and Starmie is intelligent and stoic.

Years
I gotta say I like the starters too (not too familiar with Petilil). They all give off very different vibes, which is what starters should do. I always thought that the official starters were too similar. With these, if you want a tough looking Pokémon, pick Growlithe. An elegant one? Pick Starmie.

Plus, if the professor is interested in stones, in makes sense to have Pokémon that evolve through stones.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Thoughts....

Well said. The starters do play a giant role in your game. Therefore, they are perfect for the job. Unlike my game that hasn't even broken out of it's shell stage, I have yet to find a good use for the starters due to the way I implement my events (different story). I like how balanced they are, and their evolutions patterns are alike.

What I think you're trying for is something a little unorthodox (can't say I'm not). It's a good thing though.
I will back-up this claim.

The starters are symmetrical in stages and evolutionary methods.
The pokemon are very popular. I can attest to this myself.
Lilligant is my favorite grass-type.
Arcanine is my second favorite fire-type.
Starmie is was my favorite pokemon of Kanto.
The variety in appearance is great as well, Lilligant is elegant and cheerful, Arcanine is tough and intimidating, and Starmie is intelligent and stoic.
When/if the game is released, my starter will definitely be Growlithe.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
wonderful!!! i'm waiting for the link to download this game... :D
thanks for your working

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Some updated screens of old ones.

that_place_with_bridges_by_gavinforpresident-d4it0fm.png
let__s_go_by_gavinforpresident-d3gtahe.png

In case you're wondering about the battle system, this is what you see instead of the Pokemon selection screen. It makes things more stream-line.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Loving those screens, the battle background is amazing and really gives you the feel of fighting in the environment. The only thing I am nitpicky about (and this is probably because of my Fine Art teacher lecturing me about it so much) is that the house in the first screen seems to be a little flat for a 3d building. Especially considering the very obvious shadow coming out from the bottom. It just seems that their aren't enough shadows and highlights on the building itself. It is kind of an assumption because I can't judge the feel of that town from a single screenshot :P. But it's all looking graphically great.

When are we gonna get some storyline screens? *Pretty please* :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
What kind of storyline screens would you like to see? I'll go ahead and find something if you would like. Also thanks for the comments, I'll see what I can do about the building. I realize I have a few refinements to do on that tileset, including the shadow.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
This looks absolutely amazing. I'm a big supporter, keep up the great work. Will there be any mini-games or anything of the sorts? Such as contests, berry blender, maybe even a battle frontier-like area?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I've been following this game for awhile and I really have to say it is a fantastic looking game, amazing detail on the mapping and very unique, if there were a way, I would send this to Game Freak to be made into a real game. But to each his own, it is still very cool, however, I think you should maybe make some new pokemon since it is a different region, that would be cool to see. But still, great good job man, can't wait to play it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back