• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G3HS extended Pokemon in the wild

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I HAVE ONLY TESTED THIS AFTER EXPANDING WITH G3HS, NOT MANUALLY
*Tutorial en Español esta abajo
ONLY USE THIS IF YOU ARE USING ADVANCED MAP 1.95 AND AN EXPANDED ROM, OTHERWISE GO HERE

Okay, so I've seen a few posts of people asking that after they have used G3HS to add more Pokemon they don't how to put them in the wild. Well, this is how.

What you need:
HxD Hex editor (or any other hex editor that has a compare function)
A rom with extended Pokemon
http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html <- That website or a calculator that has hex, or put it in hex yourself

Now the how to part..
Get the Pokemon that you added's index number. In this tutorial I will be using Turtwig to demonstrate.The first one you added is 440, second one is 441, and so on. Make the first Pokemon you added 387 (the reason I choose to do this is because I inserted Pokemon using the national dex order, I'm assuming some people did, too). Add 53 to it (not in hex), so 387 would become 440. (I got 53 from 440-387). Get that number, hex it and then do this to it:
1B8 (440 in hex) --> B8 01. (second and third number) (0 and first number)
Now open your ROM in advanced map. Go to the wild Pokemon area. Go to any Pokemon, for this tutorial we'll use the first one that appeared and change it to something else.
Spoiler:

Make a copy of the rom.
Spoiler:

Open the copy of the rom that you made and change the Pokemon that you just changed. (I had Zigzagoon, so I changed it to Linoone. MAKE SURE THE FIRST ROM STILL HAS THE OTHER POKEMON. Save, and close A-Map.
Spoiler:

Now open you hex editor that has a compare function. I am using HxD.
Compare the roms.
(In HxD you go to Analysis->File-compare)
Spoiler:

Now write the number you got earlier.
Spoiler:

(In this case I only had to change the first two numbers, that is not always the case.)
Press save and test it.
vasrN.jpg

Yay!
Also, you can do this with trainers too, but I really suggest you just use Jambo51's trainer editor and make changes to the ini instead. But if you're like me and can't use it on a computer due to whatever issue, then you will have to use this method, but on a trainer.

En Español
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Very intresting tutorial :)
This tutorial is easy too understand
Very good explained tutorial
Thank you for making this tutorial ;)
Hope too see other tutorials from you
Maybe how to add new items
Thanks again cya
~Mydrago

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
for the converter, could the windows calculator not work too? The one I have at least, can do that! Might want to add that in the OP! Instead of visiting that site, people can use their own apps... For windows computers at least...

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Also if you wanted to find the offset quicker, clicking expand in A-Map 1.92 in the wild poke area will give you the locations way faster. No need for backups.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023

So I made the tutorial a video as well, in case someone was having trouble.

and if that doesn't work, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnRwl-Ss7w

Years
Man,I want to make a Hack,and that's complicated,but I will try(if I fail I will download a patch or something)

That's only me that use slowpoke as background for the forum?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Is there an easiest way of setting that in a firered rom?,

what I mean, I just edit the number of pokemon that I expanded in a hex editor/ini gmof advance map so that it is easier to make a wild pokemon data

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
theres no 9c 01 in D027c
I also try to load Clean FireRed rom in HxD and it seems that there's no 9c 01 in d027c

You're not supposed to do that in your rom. You're supposed to do that in the other version of a map linked there :p

And it's not supposed to be 9c 01, I think. You're supposed to put the reverse hex number of the amount of pokemon.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
[BOLD]You're not supposed to do that in your rom. You're supposed to do that in the other version of a map linked there :p[/B]

And it's not supposed to be 9c 01, I think. You're supposed to put the reverse hex number of the amount of pokemon.

Oh Im just so noob! I opened [BOLD]FireREd[/B] rom in HxD instead of [BOLD]Advance map[/B], hehe thanks for your reply, I made it correctly... I hope that you can create a tutorial on how to expand map in Advance map or any mapping tool... Im looking forward for that tutorial. You are a great help for some new hackers here, like mon ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
i have a problem with this... myboy doesnt work with expanded dexes.... in oak large sprite goes black screen.. any clue?

Years
Hola buenos dias...
Como ha logrado usted realizar correctamente la expansion de la pokedex atraves de la herramienta G3HS, por favor podria usted darnos las pautas a realizar porque tengo porblemas con estos:
1.- Es normal que cuando usas la expancion aparesca el spriters de el huevo malo y tambien los 23 o 27 unowns??
2.-Asta que numero tiene como limite la expancion de pokemon ???
3.-Al momento de usar la expancion tienes que cambiar la INI manualmente con los cambios que se realizan ???
Mencionando tambien que tiene mi rom la fire red vercion 1.0 con el parche de ampliacion de ataques de MrDollSteak..
Gracias y que tengan un buen dia

Spherical Ice solicitó que le pregunta en Inglés.
Spherical Ice requested that you ask in English.
1 - Yes, normal.
2 - No idea.
3 - No, it's automatic.

Years
Does doing the method for Advance Map 1.92 make it so you can add the pokemon in the program? If so I changed the hex from 9C 01 but only the old pokemon where there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 8, 2018
Guys can you share that advance map (the modified one) to me please{or}you can put in mediafire or google drive or zippy share
My pokemon rom hacks
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 8, 2018
I HAVE ONLY TESTED THIS AFTER EXPANDING WITH G3HS, NOT MANUALLY
*Tutorial en Espa?ol esta abajo
ONLY USE THIS IF YOU ARE USING ADVANCED MAP 1.95 AND AN EXPANDED ROM, OTHERWISE GO HERE

Okay, so I've seen a few posts of people asking that after they have used G3HS to add more Pokemon they don't how to put them in the wild. Well, this is how.

What you need:
HxD Hex editor (or any other hex editor that has a compare function)
A rom with extended Pokemon
http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html <- That website or a calculator that has hex, or put it in hex yourself

Now the how to part..
Get the Pokemon that you added's index number. In this tutorial I will be using Turtwig to demonstrate.The first one you added is 440, second one is 441, and so on. Make the first Pokemon you added 387 (the reason I choose to do this is because I inserted Pokemon using the national dex order, I'm assuming some people did, too). Add 53 to it (not in hex), so 387 would become 440. (I got 53 from 440-387). Get that number, hex it and then do this to it:
1B8 (440 in hex) --> B8 01. (second and third number) (0 and first number)
Now open your ROM in advanced map. Go to the wild Pokemon area. Go to any Pokemon, for this tutorial we'll use the first one that appeared and change it to something else.
Spoiler:

Make a copy of the rom.
Spoiler:

Open the copy of the rom that you made and change the Pokemon that you just changed. (I had Zigzagoon, so I changed it to Linoone. MAKE SURE THE FIRST ROM STILL HAS THE OTHER POKEMON. Save, and close A-Map.
Spoiler:

Now open you hex editor that has a compare function. I am using HxD.
Compare the roms.
(In HxD you go to Analysis->File-compare)
Spoiler:

Now write the number you got earlier.
Spoiler:

(In this case I only had to change the first two numbers, that is not always the case.)
Press save and test it.
vasrN.jpg

Yay!
Also, you can do this with trainers too, but I really suggest you just use Jambo51's trainer editor and make changes to the ini instead. But if you're like me and can't use it on a computer due to whatever issue, then you will have to use this method, but on a trainer.

En Espa?ol
Spoiler:
Is there any other ways because in one pokefreak's patch he said to give 9c 01it does'nt work
your tutorial worked but its way too hard so is there any other ways O_o :) {XD}

Back