• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Does anyone know how to evolve my female Snorunt into Froslass?

Im not sure how to do it in the full version.

AZI

Years
oki let the Quote begin

Do you have it set to 128k Flash?

Options>Emulator>SaveType>128k

That should do it.
yes i got this set up as default

Yea, it took me 2 days but I finally got the ips patch to work.

Did you use the RUby ROM I recomended at the top of this page?

Thats the one that worked for me

yes this is the rom im using :S

edit::
so ive found it .. is there any rule about links to roms ?? cos if i remember good its forbidden ...

Last edited:
Years
Ok so im having a little problem with my copy of the full version once im in the "car" (how it was in the original game) everything is speckled dots and i cant move anywhere i used the rom listed above and the 128k file thing, nothing is working help? D:

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
Those two Venipedes from the first trainer after you leave your home town have an enormous amount of EXP, (around 218 each, while other pokemon have 56) and I whited out once after beating the first Venipede so in total I got so much experience that I leveled up all the way to 11 before even getting to the second trainer.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Those two Venipedes from the first trainer after you leave your home town have an enormous amount of EXP, (around 218 each, while other pokemon have 56) and I whited out once after beating the first Venipede so in total I got so much experience that I leveled up all the way to 11 before even getting to the second trainer.
Wes did not change exp rates, no big deal ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
For those who are using Psp,Phones to play this game just follow this..

Wesley modified the header of the rom, and the emulator dont recognize it as a ruby rom so it cant determine the save size and it uses the default of 64k....which results in a white screen.

First Download This Gbaheader Tool http://www.mediafire.com/?m849azieahi6ugu
1.Open Gba Header Tool 1.0
2.Load Pokemon Light Platinum already patched on Ruby 1.0
3.The select Copy header
4.Click Browse in source file then navigate Ruby 1.0 rom then click copy..
5.Open vba load the Light Platinum Rom Option-Emulator-Save type-Flash 128k the Reset vba
6.When the Light Platinum Worked at your vba after you reset the game then Congratulation you will be able to play it on your Phone,Psp etc..

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
hmm how u evolve snorunt in to froslass ?? ..

I FINALLY found out.

Wes or whatever his name is changed it so Snorunt evolves into Froslass through an ingame trade, but the problem is that he didnt program in an ingame trade for it. The only way to get one is to cheat and either cheat one into the wild or use a gameshark code that lets you catch pokemon from trainers (Such as Froslass from the 7th Gym Leader)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
i beat the game :) here's my pokemon team:- lvl 100 kyogre, lvl 100 groudon, lvl 100 charizard, lvl 100 excadrill, lvl 100 arceus, lvl 100, lvl 100 shaymin, lvl 100 giratina and lvl 100 swampert :D Secret:- all the above pokemon have pokerus :D :D

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Hey stupid question:
How do you get the Lauren Elite 4?

After getting the last badge of Lauren, you must come back to the harbor which help you go to Lauren region (at the South of Carmin Town), surf down (bring Whirlpool) & you get the Lauren road, defeat Zero once again in the Mt. Oren & go to the outside, you'll battle with Pearl, Yellow & Silver before entering the Lauren League.

AZI

Years
ohh .. storm980 thanks for this tip .. it helped me a lot
and as for cheat .. i dont feel like cheating so ill just give up on froslass ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
407843_268341263225569_251047451621617_723355_643224432_n.jpg

Last edited:

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Found a weird bug or anomaly. I just defeated Ash's level 65 Metagross before the Elite 4, and got only 60 EXP points for it. Perhaps it got switched with Venipede who seems to give out thousands of EXP points? :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
hello sorry for bothering but anyone knows where to find tynamo?
another question do you know if they are gonna release bug fixes of mt.draken?
last question where do i find the move relearner?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
There's few things bugging me while I'm playing this game:
Where are potions, pokeball, greatball and super potions?
Each PokeMart I go to is always the same, ultraball, hyperpotions, maxpotions etc, those items are far expensive for anyone to buy at very early game (From No badges to 3rd badges (where I'm at). )

Why is Nurse Joy talking in different language each time you want your pokemon to be healed? Same thing at the beginning of the game, I'm using the english version and it doesn't seem to be complete, there are misplaced of language as well as npc talking the same dialogue over and over with the other npcs (not sure if this is intended to).

(Sorry for being fussy.)

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
hello sorry for bothering but anyone knows where to find tynamo?
another question do you know if they are gonna release bug fixes of mt.draken?
last question where do i find the move relearner?

You find it on one of the routes near Snowce city, right before you enter the city I think.

There's few things bugging me while I'm playing this game:
Where are potions, pokeball, greatball and super potions?
Each PokeMart I go to is always the same, ultraball, hyperpotions, maxpotions etc, those items are far expensive for anyone to buy at very early game (From No badges to 3rd badges (where I'm at). )

Why is Nurse Joy talking in different language each time you want your pokemon to be healed? Same thing at the beginning of the game, I'm using the english version and it doesn't seem to be complete, there are misplaced of language as well as npc talking the same dialogue over and over with the other npcs (not sure if this is intended to).

(Sorry for being fussy.)

Are you sure you have the full version?

When you started the game which choice of starters did you get?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Found a weird bug or anomaly. I just defeated Ash's level 65 Metagross before the Elite 4, and got only 60 EXP points for it. Perhaps it got switched with Venipede who seems to give out thousands of EXP points? :D

Wes did not change exp rates, no big deal ;)
My, my, why people have to care about these trivialities... :/

Back