• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Soile

Eevee Breeder
Years
I'm just... not convinced on any of them. I think it would be stupid if it ends up being Normal, but I really think if it was any of the others this discussion wouldn't be so intricate. If it was Flying, I would have put wings on the thing, y'know? That would have looked ten times as cool as Sylveon.

I'm not sure about light, but I have this feeling there's going to be something really unique here. I do lean toward X Y Z as in 3D more than the chromosomes (I mean, blue X, pink Y? I know we've come far from sexism, but still, I wouldn't have given Y the pink color if that was the reason behind it), but I had an idea that Sylveon, having main colors blue and pink, will be inverted in color based on something within each version. I don't know, just an idea. I mean, really. Yveltal is pink(ish). Xerneas is blue. And Sylveon is pink and blue. I feel like there's some kind of connection here, whether a difference between gens, a new type, just some kind of significance.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am thinking flying. I don't know exactly why, but I am going to bet flying. And to the person who said you have no idea how it would fly, there are a few pokemon out already who can fly without wings. The main one coming to mine being Shaymin. I know he has ears like wings, but the same could be said for a lot of things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm just... not convinced on any of them. I think it would be stupid if it ends up being Normal, but I really think if it was any of the others this discussion wouldn't be so intricate. If it was Flying, I would have put wings on the thing, y'know? That would have looked ten times as cool as Sylveon.

I'm not sure about light, but I have this feeling there's going to be something really unique here. I do lean toward X Y Z as in 3D more than the chromosomes (I mean, blue X, pink Y? I know we've come far from sexism, but still, I wouldn't have given Y the pink color if that was the reason behind it), but I had an idea that Sylveon, having main colors blue and pink, will be inverted in color based on something within each version. I don't know, just an idea. I mean, really. Yveltal is pink(ish). Xerneas is blue. And Sylveon is pink and blue. I feel like there's some kind of connection here, whether a difference between gens, a new type, just some kind of significance.

If it had actual wings though I think that its typing would be waaayy too obvious and I think that's what GF is aiming for - to promote discussion/hype.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If it had actual wings though I think that its typing would be waaayy too obvious and I think that's what GF is aiming for - to promote discussion/hype.
I agree. This is the most vague Eeveelution design we've ever had and one can't help but wonder if it was done mostly for the extra hype and speculation on what type it could be. Especially since it was revealed quite early.

Personally, however, I don't think I would have mind if the ears were designed to look a bit more like wings. Similar to Shaymin's Sky Form. It does seem to carry a strong essence of being connected to the air and wind though. At least from the constant flow of its ribbons and by how high up and windy it was when they showed Sylveon in the movie trailer. While being an essence of wind doesn't necessarily mean it will be a Flying-type, I feel like that's where the best bet is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The issue with designing the ears to look like wings like Shaymin is that people would've compared them and just complained "oh no this region is just a rehash of the past, wow it sucks!" even the slightest similarities would draw upon negative opinion, so maybe GF kept that in mind?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it could do that it'd probably put it closer to being Ghost really, so I don't think it'd use telekinesis.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It'd be something else entirely different if it can use telekinesis of some sort to make itself fly, but there's no obvious evidence (at least apparently from it's body) that tells us it can do that.
So why can't Espeon fly, exactly?

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, technically, telekinesis doesn't make it fly, but, makes it levitate. So, maybe going by that logic, Sylveon can have the "Levitate" ability. But still, I'm not sure about if it can perform telekinesis exactly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Levitate ability would be a troll kind of, if it's Flying. Like they gave Rotom-S Air Balloon...

I feel like something like Cute Charm, although useless, would be more appropriate, while something like Magic Guard for a hidden ability!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.

I hate to say it, but this makes sense. Kind of like "silhouette".

Cyclone

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
well i guess it could make sense, but do you think it's likely for GF to release another Normal type eeveelution while there are so many types they haven't tried yet? Plus, the theory said he would change into another eeveelutions type, so what if he's hit with a Flying or Fighting attack? Does he still change his type or not?

I'm not going to lie, if Sylveon turns out to be a normal type, i'd be really disappointed

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
well i guess it could make sense, but do you think it's likely for GF to release another Normal type eeveelution while there are so many types they haven't tried yet? Plus, the theory said he would change into another eeveelutions type, so what if he's hit with a Flying or Fighting attack? Does he still change his type or not?

I'm not going to lie, if Sylveon turns out to be a normal type, i'd be really disappointed
Me too, but we'll see what Nintendo/GF does. My top three are still Ghost, Dragon, Flying.

Cyclone

Years
I personally would love to see Sylveon a Ghost Pokémon (I like Ghost Pokémon :3) or a Normal Pokémon with some epic morphing-related ability. :]
In either case, I will most likely never use Sylveon competitively unless it is dual-typed... but again, it all depends on its stats and abilities, ugh... when will these retarded GF tell us what we can't wait to know?!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I personally would love to see Sylveon a Ghost Pokémon (I like Ghost Pokémon :3) or a Normal Pokémon with some epic morphing-related ability. :]
In either case, I will most likely never use Sylveon competitively unless it is dual-typed... but again, it all depends on its stats and abilities, ugh... when will these retarded GF tell us what we can't wait to know?!!!

We already have a date for them to tell us Sylveon's type. Everyone seriously needs to calm down about that. (not just here everywhere) If we get it before the designated date that's good, but really, no one should expect it before July. You have to wait. They aren't going to tell us and complaining about it will only piss you off more the longer the wait is.

Years
^July? Aww! I thought while reading the OP that more infos about Sylveon will be released this month...
Don't worry dude, my complaint wasn't really a complaint but rather a question you just answered to me, thank you! ;)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The only thing we were expecting this month was stuff from Corocoro, but since all the information from that has already be divulged we aren't going to get anything about Sylveon's typing until that July date they set for us.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
According to Bulbapedia the movie's coming out on the 13th of July while the August issue will come out July 15th if I recall correctly, so if they do save it's typing until than we will get it two days before the issue...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone

Back