• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
just using hex (oh no not again haha)
how would i make a pokemon shiny?? (like a starter maybe haha)

Years
problem hacking pokemon red

I've got a problem editing the Pokemon Red Map. I'm using the program Pokemap 1.2 to edit it. Right now, I'm having difficulties lining up the routes and towns the way I would like them. I have a few screenshots I took to show this problem.

pic20090421r.jpg

This shows a water route for my hack branching off to the west, but it can't keep going because there wasn't a route there in the original game.

pic20090421001c.jpg

This shows the Water route going south for the original game is still there, but I don't want it to be there in my hack.

pic20090421002n.jpg

This show a grass route for my hack branching to the east, but again, can't continue because there wasn't a route there in the original game.

pic20090421003a.jpg

This shows the grass route from the original game going north is still there, but I don't want it there for my hack.

What I'm trying to do is rearrange these routes so the 2 routes I want to branch onto are actually there and the 2 routes that I don't want to branch onto aren't there. Is there any way to do this, by hex editing or by using a specific program?

Sorry if I've asked this question multiple times, but I haven't found anything yet that can do that for 1st generation.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Like for example, I would like Aurora Beam to have the Confusion background.

You would have to go into unLZgba, and find the Aurora Beam Background, and TileMap, and replace it with Confusions Background and TileMap.
It is pretty far into the ROM if I remember correctly.... You could try to repoint, it wouls not be THAT difficult, you just find both of those attacks, and then get there pointers to there pallets, tilsets, and tilemaps, and then repoint it in a Hex Editor.
(Search the offset of the Aurora Beam Tileset, and Replace it with Confusions, same with tile map, and pallet.) I dunno if it will work 100% correctly, but that IS how to do it...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well since the TM's in RSE are the same as in FR and the stdattacks.rbh in XSE doesn't say whether it's for FR or RSE, the value of Brick Break would be 0x118.

Thanks for that. :)

---oOo---​

Anyways, I got a new question...
What is the hex value of the attacks Dig and Teleport?
Thankies~

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Thanks for that. :)

---oOo---

Anyways, I got a new question...
What is the hex value of the attacks Dig and Teleport?
Thankies~
Spoiler:

Anyways, I've got a question again.
BOULDERBADGE.\p\c\h06Á[player] received the BOULDERBADGE
The red thingy. Is that a fanfare?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
During the game? What exactly do you mean by that?[/QUOTE]

I mean while you are playing the game. I know its possible and it would be SUPER helpful.

Years
just using hex (oh no not again haha)
how would i make a pokemon shiny?? (like a starter maybe haha)
I'll take a go at this. Still can't use tools?
Find Mastermind_X's guide to the Shiny hack. It's in the documents and tutorials section.
Then you may also need this. http://www.pkmnhackersonline.com/in...&op=readArticle&title=GBA+Scrpting+Compendium
You may also need to look at a scripting guide for explanation of those commands listed on the other site.
That is if you want to script out a new event.
I've got a problem editing the Pokemon Red Map. I'm using the program Pokemap 1.2 to edit it. Right now, I'm having difficulties lining up the routes and towns the way I would like them. I have a few screenshots I took to show this problem.
Spoiler:

What I'm trying to do is rearrange these routes so the 2 routes I want to branch onto are actually there and the 2 routes that I don't want to branch onto aren't there. Is there any way to do this, by hex editing or by using a specific program?

Sorry if I've asked this question multiple times, but I haven't found anything yet that can do that for 1st generation.

Okay, kind of difficult especially for someone who seemingly hasn't done too much hacking with the first generation of games. You'll need to look at the connection data (which is a pain to change). Here's a little document on some of the map data.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145960
Oh yeah, and no tool, besides your hex editor.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Spoiler:

Anyways, I've got a question again.

The red thingy. Is that a fanfare?

Yes, that is the special little do-hickey that makes the fanfare happen RIGHT there in the sentence.
You don't need to use a fanfare command to do it.
If you want to change the sound of it, you would have to hex idit the ASM routine, IF you could find it.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
A couple of fairly mundane questions about game mechanics. If you know anything about the questions, even if you can't answer everything, please let me know what you do know.

1) As far as I know, the only items that enemy trainers use in-game are Potions, Full Restores, and "X-" stat boosting items. I assume that the AI wouldn't be able to strategize enough to use a Revive, so giving a trainer a Revive in A-Trainer would be a waste of time, right? So, if they had vending machine drinks or herbal medicines, would the AI know how to use that? And, if I give a trainer a Sacred Ash, would the AI be able to use that, and would it have the same effect--healing the entire team--that it does when the player uses it?
Would they use it on their first Pokémon, and thus defeat the purpose of having it?
I've noticed that, typically, when you get an enemy Pokémon's HP into the red, that's when the trainer uses an item, but they won't use a second item on that Pokémon; instead, they'll let it faint, and only use their remaining items on other Pokémon. Is the AI programmed like that, or is it just a random non-pattern I thought I saw? If it is programmed like that, could I put something like Potions in the trainer's first two item slots in A-Trainer, so that their first two Pokémon could get Potions, faint, and then the trainer would use Sacred Ash on their third Pokémon? Or do the order that the items are entered in A-Trainer not matter?

2) What's the base happiness of an enemy trainer's Pokémon? Is it the same base happiness that wild Pokémon have--70 for most, 0 for some legendaries, etc.? Or is it something else? I'm trying to figure out what kind of power a foe's Pokémon using Return or Frustration would have.

Last edited:

Ozzlander

Programmer Ozzy
Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
im working on my first hack and it is of pkmn tgc for gbc but i cant find and resources for it any ideas or can any one help

internetwork

Visi-Basic Master
Years
Hey, I'm hacking Emerald and tried using unLZ to edit pokemon pics but when I load the rom into unLZ, all the pictures are completely messed up. Can I get some help on this?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hey, I'm hacking Emerald and tried using unLZ to edit pokemon pics but when I load the rom into unLZ, all the pictures are completely messed up. Can I get some help on this?

you need to index the sprite by giving it a 16 color palette using an image editing program such as GIMP or photoshop. Also make sure that you export he palette in unLZ and repoint the sprite if needed

internetwork

Visi-Basic Master
Years
you need to index the sprite by giving it a 16 color palette using an image editing program such as GIMP or photoshop. Also make sure that you export he palette in unLZ and repoint the sprite if needed

That's not what I meant. All I did was open the game rom with unLZ and all the sprites that were already there showed up in the unLZ program as completely messed up. I haven't imported or exported any sprites or palletes yet.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
That's not what I meant. All I did was open the game rom with unLZ and all the sprites that were already there showed up in the unLZ program as completely messed up. I haven't imported or exported any sprites or palletes yet.

oh. well that is how it is supposed to be. go to.. say 1500 and you should be in the pokemon part of the rom and the colors will be normal, then find the one you want to replace and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back