• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
splash.jpg

About:
This game is dedicated to the few people who gave me a chance with my last game and was disappointed with it, and the people who helped me with obvious errors. My primary goal for this game was for it to be the game I'm known for best. Thank you all for visiting and giving me another chance!

Plot:
This is a remake of Yellow, but not exactly. There is the same story line but a few additions were added on. You may catch all 151 Pokemon in this game.

Features:
Travel to Johto (Post Story)
Personal Assistant (Tod)
Redesigned Maps Example
Navel Rock Event (From FR/LG/E)
You can only be a male character

Key Characters:
Heroes and Allies:
Spr_B2W2_Red.png

Hero

Spr_B2W2_Blue.png

Rival

Spr_FRLG_Oak.png

Professor Oak

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download (Latest)

There has been a major bug update! Download
NOTE: It is not a standalone update! Replace the contents in "Data" with the contents in the update!

Credits:
Created with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials Version 11
Music-BGFM
Graphics-BGFM, Carmaniac, WeslyFG, DonLaRide.
Primary Scripter/Eventer-BGFM
The Entire Community for Support

Banner:

PHP:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7716728"][IMG]https://sites.google.com/site/thebgfmofficialwebsite/media/games/pokemon-adventures-in-kanto/Banner.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Last edited:

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Looks Great, I Will Play This Soon.. :)

All The Best

i will post this hack on my own web site :)

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/2013/06/upcoming-pokemon-adventures-in-kanto.html

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/2013/06/upcoming-pokemon-adventures-in-kanto.html

This is not a hack, but tell me what you think when you're playing it!
Seems like Lightning Yellow.

Need to think of some better features.

I basically redesigned the entire map system.
Example:
saffron_city_by_bengamesfilmsandmore-d67iw6c.png

There are more examples here:
http://bengamesfilmsandmore.deviantart.com/gallery/43833545

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
You're changing the layout of the maps?!

NO!
For god's sake no. Don't do that.
That's just going to make this a bad attempt. If you're using kanto, at least keep the maps the same.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
You're changing the layout of the maps?!

NO!
For god's sake no. Don't do that.
That's just going to make this a bad attempt. If you're using kanto, at least keep the maps the same.

But that is what makes this unique! When I started development, I looked and played Lightning Yellow and I asked myself, how am I going to seem like I'm not making a copy of it. I changed the maps to make it look better and to add things that are mentioned in the past but not on the map (Such as a volcano in Cinnabar Island. I changed the story line by adding Johto and Navel Rock, and adding more Team Rocket Encounters and some actual planning of Silph Co. takeover. I added things I felt R/B/Y/FR/LG lacked. Thanks for the advice, but I think I'm going to keep the maps the same.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This reminds me of Desbrina's game, like exactly like it...except you're you can go to johto I guess.
Regardless, anyone can make a game if they so choose; the problem i have is the no bottom for the battle, and the sprite shot of the professor, its clearly the same thing but cut off, you should at least flip it and change his arms and make it a closer shot of him
it really needs improvement

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
This reminds me of Desbrina's game, like exactly like it...except you're you can go to johto I guess.

I specifically made the maps and storyline a bit different for that reason. And there is no "Lighting" or "Yellow" in the title so I think it is okay.

the problem i have is the no bottom for the battle

Generation 1 was like that, so I did it intentionally

and the sprite shot of the professor, its clearly the same thing but cut off, you should at least flip it and change his arms and make it a closer shot of him
it really needs improvement

It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Generation 1 was like that, so I did it intentionally
yeah, but the difference is that in the original it was all white; if you're going to do that at least make the background move and stuff, if its just a static picture then its just a bad idea

It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half[/QUOTE]
i get that, but the way you did it was just bad. no offence but its just not good the way you did it; you should make it either a headshot, or a closer shot from his chest up, and it should be flipped

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
yeah, but the difference is that in the original it was all white; if you're going to do that at least make the background move and stuff, if its just a static picture then its just a bad idea

It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half
i get that, but the way you did it was just bad. no offence but its just not good the way you did it; you should make it either a headshot, or a closer shot from his chest up, and it should be flipped[/QUOTE]

The Pokemon sprites are animated .gifs, so that the scene is not static. Also, the oak sprite is fine. I put a lot of thought into that Oak sprite during development, and it's okay. Thanks for the advice

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
How far does this game go?

Sorry for the late reply...It goes all the way through Johto and Kanto. In other words, you can go anywhere that was originally accessible in R/B/Y/G/S/C + Navel Rock Event (From FR/LG/E). Hope this helped!

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Can you post the first update plz? I didn't get the other items needed

I suspect you aren't in the right area. Click on the black, underlined download.

Can you post the first update plz? I didn't get the other items needed

EDIT: Sorry now I know what you mean. It was just a data update. That was all.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
The maps are still bugging me. :/
I'd love to help map, if you wish. I can make them look like the originals, but with a Gen V twist?

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
The maps are still bugging me. :/
I'd love to help map, if you wish. I can make them look like the originals, but with a Gen V twist?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I Love the game so far , i hope to see this game get All the regions added on ! I love it!!
10/10

Back