• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Black Apostle

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I still have a lot of work to do with this.. But it's looking better now, somewhat DX

Introduction:
An attempt at a somewhat different approach at Pokemon Games. Breaking away from most traditions and instead follows a deep storyline to a Final Fantasy(or games like it)-level.

Should also be noted that game will probably be quite a bit darker than any of the official versions. Nothing too seriously over the top, but probably should be noted.

Format:
RPG Maker XP

Story:
Spoiler:

Features:
Most of these a cofirmed by now.

Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Some of those really old and have been changed since the time I took them a bit but..

Spoiler:

Help Wanted:
While majority of the stuff is still my doing(and possibly anyways will be). I still would like help with some of the more advanced things that might be a little out of my reach.. This stuff includes:

- A DP-like battle system/interface(this I could probably do a little bit on, but I been too busy with other things DX)
- Getting all 4th gen attacks to work through script
- Some additional, and more specific requests.(PM me if you're really good at scripting and are up for this)

Spriters: I still need really decent spriters. Both for trainer images, but also overworld sprites as well. I have a lot of rips right now(PMD Pokemon, and also GBA characters), but I need them to be laid out in to the RMXP format... Tilesets would also be nice to have at some point, but I don't need them right now.

Beta Testers: ... All staff people and just close people I know will be the testers. As soon as, well, actually make a beta to be test-able ^^;;

Demo:
TBA. Although, I'm seriously debating if I really want to make public demos because 1) Not meeting deadlines, 2) I don't want people level buffering or whatever as they wait for the next release. Like already being level 50 when the game levels are only level 10, and 3) I will probably go back and modify past things will I move on at the same time.

Back