• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Items? Original Items Staying?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk I'd rather something technical for the bags. XD;

Oh and also, I'd like to see a new item which is called like "Field TMs" for the field TMs (like headbutt and so on) to kinda separate them from everything else, or maybe a distinction so it's easier to access them?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno, Field TMs is kinda meh seeing as the only move that would qualify is Flash. Its not like the previous games, No special trees to Headbutt, no indents to Secret Power, and no Rocks to Rock Smash. Flash is the only Field applicable move that has stayed an HM/TM.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I dunno, Field TMs is kinda meh seeing as the only move that would qualify is Flash. Its not like the previous games, No special trees to Headbutt, no indents to Secret Power, and no Rocks to Rock Smash. Flash is the only Field applicable move that has stayed an HM/TM.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, actually change the region so something like that would come about and have a special compartment for it. Besides, whirlpool, teleport and chatter could likely qualify, too. If so that'd be like, at least 8 or so, and separate them, like the bag separates HMs. Or alternatively, just add special items for those purposes and make those redudant. Maybe even idk a flashlight?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Serebii has just announced two new items;

Shining Charm - When held makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon
Round Charm - Daycare man will find eggs quicker. When held.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

An item that up's shiny encounter? Yes, now if only they had the radar too...

An item to eggs quicker is another good thing...some eggs lasted quite a while for me to get...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok...Serebii updated their site with the new Items in B2W2

achromamachine.png
Achroma Machine: A special device that forcibly awakens the powers of Pokemon. But it\'s a prototype, so it\'s unfinished.

dirtyhandkerchief.png
Dirty Handkerchief: A handkerchief that a regular visitor to Nacrene City's "Cafe Warehouse" dropped. Faintly smells of Pokemon.

dnalinkpin.png
DNA Link Pin: A pair of linking pins to combine Kyurem and a Pokemon which were said to originally be one.

forgottenitem.png
Forgotten Item: A LiveCaster picked up in Nimbasa City's Amusement Park.

license.png
License: A license card necessary to enter the Nature Sanctuary that very few people know of.

medalbox.png
Medal Box: A box-like device which stores the medals you've collected and displays information about them.

plasmacard.png
Plasma Card: A card key needed in the Plasma Frigate when entering the Password.

reflectingmirror.png
Reflecting Mirror: A mysterious mirror that reflects the truth and changes Pokemon to their true forms.

roundcharm.png
Round Charm: A mysterious unbelievable charm that when held, makes it easier for the Daycare Man to find eggs.

shiningcharm.png
Shining Charm: A mysterious shining charm that when held, makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I am curious as to what the Dirty Handkerchief is used for.....Also the Shiny Charm and Round Charm have to be held? How odd. Cool, but very odd.

I'm wondering how exactly they'll work. Will the Shiny Charm be like a Masuda Method as a Held Item? Will it combo with Round Charm for easily exploited Shiny Egg Hunting?

Last edited:

Years
The Shiny charm simply works with wild Pokemon as the text for it says 'Encounter' so no there'll proably won't be a way to combo them. It would be nice if it worked on eggs though...

Years
Yeah seems like Shinies might not be as rare as they used to be but of course this depends on the shiny encounter rate the item provides. If it's higher than the Masuda method there will be some more shinies for sure.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
license.png
License: A license card necessary to enter the Nature Sanctuary that very few people know of.

Wanna know more about that location now. :(

100% for finding eggs quicker - that'll help RNGers too etc. But Shining Charm...? No. Just... I'd much rather find a shiny randomly than use a set item, despite never finding one in the first place. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Omg, that shiny charm and that License are amazing items. I wanna know where we could obtain these! One feels like you could obtain it from the Battle Subway as a prize, while the other feels like something Cedric or Professor Juniper would give you.

The "Forgotten Item" is pretty interesting. I wonder what its purpose really is.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Jellicent why do change your avatar every five seconds >~<

I want to see the forgotten item too because it resembles a broken C-gear or a broken Xtransceiver
Watch it be the rivals or maybe the old protagonist's

Years
It's be horrible fridge logic if it were the old player character's...

The license sounds interesting. I wonder if these are Key items that will be distributed to wi-fi. The License might lead to a place to catch Shaymin, or Celebi, or maybe both...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The forgotten Item isn't the Main Protag's from B/W. Hilbert's is Blue and Hilda's is Pink. That one is Yellow. Its most likely like the Lost Item/Lost Doll from Generation 1.

Years
Wonder if perhaps the lost item and the napkin are part of an item chain in which we find one, give it to it's owner, than get a new item from them and look for that thing's owner. The award for returning them could be the license or something nice like a gift Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wow you really have to work to get those charms....

11:49; Once you've captured all Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex, Professor Juniper will give you the Round Charm. Once you've complete the National Pokédex, Professor Juniper will give you the Shiny Charm

And here is what the License does:
11:28; When you have finished the Unova Dex and speak to Professor Juniper, she gives you the license. Show this to the person at the Mistralton Airport and Skyla will take you via plane to somewhere off the map, the Nature Sanctuary
This place has grass containing non-Unovas such as Girafarig, rivers etc. but in the middle of it is a Level 60 Shiny Haxorus

Back