• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This drifter's blowin' through~

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
So it's been just a hair over 2 years since I've really been here. Kinda just been turned off of fandoms completely (though not to say I don't still enjoy things I am a fan of, just not affiliating myself anymore with "fan" things, and focusing completely on self-discovery and identity). Anyway, I found myself here again initially because I have like, 3 friend codes from people I actually know (not many have X/Y/a 3DS/enough of an attention span to get back to me and give me their code), and I'm not super into going out into the internet for something like that, but I thought "Hey, PC is a thing - I'll just go there." So here I am.

I probably will stick around for more than friend codes, of course. Social life IRL is kinda next to nothing as my friends are few, far, and we all have jobs and stuff keeping us busy. I prefer making friends IRL, but I'm moving across the country to Oregon next May so I'm trying not to add any local attachments. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to talk to people, so hey look, an internet forum! Something about autumn makes me nostalgic so why not hang around an old haunt, eh? Especially with my 10th PC anniversary only days away!

Last edited:

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
So it's been just a hair over 2 years since I've really been here. Kinda just been turned off of fandoms completely (though not to say I don't still enjoy things I am a fan of, just not affiliating myself anymore with "fan" things, and focusing completely on self-discovery and identity). Anyway, I found myself here again initially because I have like, 3 friend codes from people I actually know (not many have X/Y/a 3DS/enough of an attention span to get back to me and give me their code), and I'm not super into going out into the internet for something like that, but I thought "Hey, PC is a thing - I'll just go there." So here I am.

I probably will stick around for more than friend codes, of course. Social life IRL is kinda next to nothing as my friends are few, far, and we all have jobs and stuff keeping us busy. I prefer making friends IRL, but I'm moving across the country to Oregon next May so I'm trying not to add any local attachments. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to talk to people, so hey look, an internet forum! Something about autumn makes me nostalgic so why not hang around an old haunt, eh? Especially with my 10th PC anniversary only days away!

Hey Kinarii,

Welcome *back* to PC! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Congratulations on your to-be 10th Anniversary here, it's great that you'll be around to celebrate a milestone because 10 is just a nice number to remember. :p

Yes, the social aspect of PC is what really sets it apart from the other Pokemon forums - the community, the discussion and just the atmosphere in general. I'm sure that you'll make many friends here on PC, and hopefully you'll find out more about yourself in the process.

Friends can always be made, so in addition to the ones that you'll make on PC, I'm sure that there'll be many people who would be willing to know you better IRL too. Good luck in your future endeavors. It sounds like I'm writing a farewell letter. :p

That being said, I'm sure you've heard the hype surrounding Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (ORAS) that's going to be released late November, so you might want to head to the corresponding forum and join in the fun. You should take the time to familiarize yourself with the many forums here as well. Feel free to VM/PM me if you want to drop me a question or just want to chat, I'll be more than happy to help. Hope you'll stick around and enjoy yourself, good luck! ^~^

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Yeah, I mean I've made friends here before whenever I've been around. Dunno how many of them are still here. S'pose I'll find out! Some things have changed or been added so it'll be fun to poke around and see what's new and what's still the same. And of course I'm hyped for ORAS so that will surely be a section I poke my head into :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Agh, I know how that feels. Being in the 20's and having a life. I have that, and it's been kicking my ass lately. haha. I'm alright now, just having a day off right now before heading back to the grinder.

Welcome back to PC, nonetheless! Again, it's all understandable, and you just came back in time for the ORAS hype! Excited for that? Hopefully you have some time to readjust to the new things around here, and don't hesitate to message any staffer if you're confused with anything! Two years is a long time since you were gone! D:

Years
Welcome back to the boards! Your ten year anniversary is coming up soon? That's pretty cool. I myself have only been here for about a month. I've got a long way to go. ^^ Anyway, hope your return proves to be a good one!

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Agh, I know how that feels. Being in the 20's and having a life. I have that, and it's been kicking my ass lately. haha. I'm alright now, just having a day off right now before heading back to the grinder.

Welcome back to PC, nonetheless! Again, it's all understandable, and you just came back in time for the ORAS hype! Excited for that? Hopefully you have some time to readjust to the new things around here, and don't hesitate to message any staffer if you're confused with anything! Two years is a long time since you were gone! D:

Thanks! Yeah I've noticed a lot has happened in that time. I reread all the rules and read through the change log thread so that was helpful. Still sticking to Caramel Sentret as my site skin because the new things are like WUT. But yeah, I first came here during the original 3rd gen - I better the hell show up for ORAS and join all the other crossed fingers hoping for Mega Flygon!

Also yeah, 20s are crazy. Lord knows it's better than teens, though! There is nothing on this planet like the freedom that comes from supporting yourself and living by your own choices, and even having enough to help others like my mom and brothers and various fellow artists. I can finally start to give back to the world! :D

Welcome back to the boards! Your ten year anniversary is coming up soon? That's pretty cool. I myself have only been here for about a month. I've got a long way to go. ^^ Anyway, hope your return proves to be a good one!

Thank you! Here's hoping you like it here enough to stick around for a long time, too! :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
It's nice to have you back! We haven't met before, but it's good to meet you! I'm Dragon, a friendly lil'dragon 'round these parts, but a biiig heart all the same! But yeah, it's understandable being turned off by things like gaming fandoms..I get those spur of times too, and just wanted to find something new, y'know? Still though, it's good to have you back here again, and yup, we've got people willing to share FCs with you!

Well, I hope all things will go well with you during your move next year, and you know, I hope that you and I can become good buds sometime! I don't bite at all, ohoho. Mmm, and once again, I hope that you will enjoy yourself here! I'm always happy to help out whenever you need it too! <33

So see you later, and take care! Cheerio. :3

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks! Yeah, I just got completely turned off of the entire concept of fandom in general and just needed to get that out. I'm still not super keen on fanart as I am a pro artist trying to break out with my own things and the way the world will always pay more attention to things they recognize over new stuff, but on here I don't mind if I dabble a bit, methinks. I certainly don't love Pokemon any less whether or not I draw them.

And hell yeah, I'll happily befriend another dragon! Those are like my original fandom after dinosaurs. Plus I am one if you ask the Chinese zodiac >:3

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
While I have not met you before, it is always good to meet you. The name is Judge Mandolore Shepard, I have been a member of these forums since this past March. I not visited the State of Georgia, but I have visited one of the states that borders it. The state being South Carolina. Art is one of the things I like, along with history. Anyways, I will see you around.

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Good too meet you too, fellow 26-year-old! I've been in Georgia for 7 years (only just visited South Carolina for the first time earlier this year 'cause one of my best friends lived there before he went off globetrotting with his new job). We can be state-neighbors next year though, as I'm heading to Oregon to put down my roots for good! :3

Back