• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
Years
Used a random number generator from 1-493, got 178. So I'm starting with Natu (177) on Platinum. Wish me luck, haven't used either much at all. The downside is waiting to get the Poketch before I can get Natu in..

Phew. Caught the bugger, Mild nature, male, level 8. almost beat my level 8 AAAAAA (Chimchar, was hitting the a button while watching fiance play my GTA IV), Putting Chimchar in a box for now. Slave pokes will be Bibarel and Kricketune...And I'm NOT looking forward to my battle with Roark :P

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Right. Everything's updated.

@imevil: The way the sign up board is setup, you're supposed to beat FR first. Since you've already beaten Ruby, VM me when you finish the first two so I put you on the proper list.

@Daeva: Wow, I was going to say something like "I guess you're just going to have to grind til you learn Confusion". Then I looked at Serebii and realized that Natu doesn't learn damaging Psychic attacks until level 36... Good luck with that. At least after Roark, you get Grass

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
Years
I cannot begin to tell you how much of a pain Mars was with her Purugly. I trained Utaks (Natu) until level 23, (till he was faster), had to use Machop as a martyr to heal Utaks from Zubat's bite...Then I used Confuse Ray and spammed Me First to use Purugly's Faint Attack against it. It hurt itself twice (thank gods, because I actually had 0 money from blacking out so much), and finally won.

The whole process of training it to level 23 from 18 at the Valley Windworks grass took more than an hour. >_<

It's definitely a challenge, and the Snowpoint and last gym will be even harder.

But now I've got a very good Xatu. Mild nature, nice HP. Quick to flee.

Roark wasn't too difficult, if I recall I spammed Night Shade at level 17. Cranidos was annoying, but managed to KO it. It was actually pretty easy, considering he spammed Pursuit instead of Headbutt.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC

Diamond update #3.

Went from Pastoria, where I beat Wake with Crunch and Zane as well, to Celestic, where I got Surf, to Hearthome, where I destroyed Fantina with Crunch, to Fuego Ironworks, where I got a Fire Stone and evolved Fireheart into Arcanine, to Canalave City, where Fireheart swept Zane with Flamethrower. Also used a Heart Scale to teach Fireheart ExtremeSpeed.

Screenshots of above events:
ultsolocrasherwake.png

ultsolozane3.png

ultsolofantina.png

fireheart.png

ultsolozane4.png

Right now I am still on the bridge in Canalave City.

Team Cyrus:
Spr_4d_059.png

Fireheart the Naughty Arcanine, ♀ - L51
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Crunch, ExtremeSpeed, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz
Spr_4d_054.png

Pain the Mild Psyduck, ♀ - L20
Slave Moves: Flash, Rock Smash, Strength, Dig
Spr_4d_400_f.png

Derp2 the Sassy Bibarel, ♀ - L18
Slave Moves: Cut, Surf
Spr_4d_396_f.png

Wings the Careful Starly, ♀ - L4
Slave Moves: Fly, Defog

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
Ill go in order of LG > C or HG > R > Pl > B
Pokemon:Tentacruel

Do i need to use the same pokemon in each game?

Regardless i will keep Tentacruel

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I cannot begin to tell you how much of a pain Mars was with her Purugly. I trained Utaks (Natu) until level 23, (till he was faster), had to use Machop as a martyr to heal Utaks from Zubat's bite...Then I used Confuse Ray and spammed Me First to use Purugly's Faint Attack against it. It hurt itself twice (thank gods, because I actually had 0 money from blacking out so much), and finally won.

The whole process of training it to level 23 from 18 at the Valley Windworks grass took more than an hour. >_<

It's definitely a challenge, and the Snowpoint and last gym will be even harder.

But now I've got a very good Xatu. Mild nature, nice HP. Quick to flee.

Roark wasn't too difficult, if I recall I spammed Night Shade at level 17. Cranidos was annoying, but managed to KO it. It was actually pretty easy, considering he spammed Pursuit instead of Headbutt.
At least by the end of the game you'll be overleveled as nobody's business. That's the beauty of solo challenges. The beginning is supposed to be really tough, but by the end you should be just fine. Also, if you can get the TM before you fight her, you might want Steel Wing for Candice.

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Ok I'm going to try this again, this time I'm going to use rattata :)
This will be interesting.

It will be an ultimate challenge starting in fire red I'll post progress later.

Years
Ok, before I start this challenge, I have to ask.

You may also play through established Pokemon Hacks of a generation. I say established so that you can't make your own hack where you start with 99 rare candies in your PC; that's cheating.

Since I can't find a HG or SS ROM that I'd need to hack to get a Kecleon in the beginning, would Shiny Gold be an acceptable replacement for Johto?

(I don't even know what I'll do about sinnoh... ._.)

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Started my solo with Rattata today.

I picked Squirtle as my starter(surf slave)
After delivering Oaks parcel I caught my Rattata and nicknamed him MrAwesome
I grinded him to 11 then defeated my rival(ThatNub).
I then traveled up to Pewter City and took on Brock.
My first attempt failed because I ran out of potions, so I went and bought more and challenged him again.
I was finally able to defeat him because I spammed tail whip and potions enough that I 2HKO'd his Onyx with Hyper Fang.
*I'll post proof of my gym battles when I get my 15 posts because I can't post URL's at the moment and that's the only way I know of to post pictures.
I then went up to Mt. Moon and saved my game. More to come tomorrow!

Sgt_Grovyle

-Not a Grovyle fool!
Years
Just beat Red with Blaziken and now I'm moving on to the Hoenn region.

Final Info:
Player: Tyson
Badges: 8
Playtime: 21:46

257.gif

Blaziken Lv.88
-Blaze Kick
-Thunderpuch
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Ok I was going to wait until tomorrow to post progress, but I got a lot further than I thought I would so I'll go ahead and update again now.

Went through Mt. Moon with no trouble.
Battled ThatNub and easily defeated him.
Saved Bill.
Defeated Misty easily OHKO'd both of them.
Went to the SS Anne and defeated ThatNub again.
Learned cut from the captain.
Defeated Lt. Sarge.
Went through Rock Tunnel.
Traveled to Celadon City.
Defeated Erika.
Defeated Giovanni in the Team Rocket base.
Went to Lavender Town.
Stopped and saved.

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
Hacked a Tentacool in as a starter and chose it.
I never realised how hard Tentacool was to train early on.
I travelled through Virridian forest having to backtrack back to Virridian city countless amounts of times to ue the pokecentre
I reached Pewter city and decided to challenge Brock to see how much training i would need.
I lost pretty much witout damaging geodude at all.
Countless amounts of training and Zenny was at L20 but i still failed to win.
Things becamme serious so i trained Zenny to L25 so she would learn Bubblebeam.
This made the battle almost meaningless.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spr_3f_072.png
Zenny/Tentacool L25
-Poison sting
-supersonic
-Bubblebeam
-Acid

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC.

Diamond update #4.

So I am now just about to Surf from Sunnyshore City, having just beat Volkner and gotten Waterfall.

Screenshot montage as I am too lazy to write out everything.

Starting from Canalave City:

Spoiler:

Next up is Victory Road and the Elite Four. I promise to have some commentary on this last part as I usually do.

Team Cyrus:
Spr_4d_059.png

Fireheart the Naughty Arcanine, ♀ - L69 @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Crunch, ExtremeSpeed, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz
Spr_4d_054.png

Pain the Mild Psyduck, ♀ - L23
Slave Moves: Flash, Rock Smash, Strength, Dig
Spr_4d_400_f.png

Derp2 the Sassy Bibarel, ♀ - L18
Slave Moves: Cut, Surf, Rock Climb, Waterfall
Spr_4d_396_f.png

Wings the Careful Starly, ♀ - L4
Slave Moves: Fly, Defog

blue

gucci
Years
I'll start this on Fire Red, using.. Jolteon.

Kind of irelevant but does anyone know where I can find a working stable HG/SS rom, one that dosen't freeze and glitch? - Thanks!

Zeko

^ is awesome!
Years
Sorry for such a late update, but anyways here we go!

I started with Charmander and named him Spade. I went through Route 1 and caught a Pidgey as a Slave. Spade and I burned down Viridian Forest with ease! Then we took on Brock with Metal Claw. Mt. Moon was more of a puzzle than it was hard. I took on Nugget Bridge and discovered a trick. Once you complete the first five trainers, Go back and spend all your money. Then, put a lower levelled Pokemon in your team, and fight the Team Rocket guy over and over. Each time you battle him, you get a Nugget! Anyways, Misty was hard! I had to grind and teach Spade Secret Power to put her. Finally, I beat her and I'm on my way to Vermillion.

Sorry for only entering one sentence per part, it's a long story. Oh, and I have pictures of the Gym Leaders, post em later...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I took on Nugget Bridge and discovered a trick. Once you complete the first five trainers, Go back and spend all your money. Then, put a lower levelled Pokemon in your team, and fight the Team Rocket guy over and over. Each time you battle him, you get a Nugget!
Zeko, I have never heard of this trick.

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Progress Update on Rattata Solo:

Almost done with fire red I'm right before I fight Blaine, anyways since I got my 15 posts here is my proof from all the gym leaders so far.
Spoiler:

I love being overleveled!

Years
Scrap the Aggron USC(Which I never got round to :P) I'd like to try a Abra->Kadabra->Alakazam run on Soul Silver. One quick question though, can I use my starter to train him to lv.16+ on the sprout tower trainers as Abra doesn't learn any moves until level 16 after he evolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back