• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
Agreed. Taunt will kill that set.

I'd take off either Taunt/Protect with something else. But I hate Perish Song users, so I'd just replace the whole thing. Jk

'Nyway, I'm looking for a decent physical sweeper Snorlax set. Anything?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

I'd take off either Taunt/Protect with something else. But I hate Perish Song users, so I'd just replace the whole thing. Jk

'Nyway, I'm looking for a decent physical sweeper Snorlax set. Anything?
The Curse Snorlax is the closest thing to a sweeper I can think of:
-Curse
-Body Slam/Return
-Earthquake/Crunch/Fire Punch
-Rest/SelfDestruct
Nature: Careful
EVs: 180 HP/ 104 Def/216 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat

Or:
-Return/Body Slam
-Pursuit
-Crunch/Earthquake/Fire Punch
-Crunch/Earthquake/Fire Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
What are a few Pokemon that support Bastiodon? I'm trying to use Bastiodon in a team. Sets would be nice.

Just adding onto this and saying that Misdreavus/Mismagius could work out decently along with it, as it is immune to both of its 4x weaks and can block your rocks from being spun away assuming this is for NU.

Taunt screws you over completely. Careful with that.

What can even taunt Mismag, or rather, what would WANT to taunt it? Most stuff that switches into it that's not walls will have a way of killing it outright (In UU, see Drapion, Spiritomb, priority (Azumarill and Kabutops (they can't really switch in though), Skuntank), and possibly Sneasel if that is even used nowadays (who can't switch into anything barring NP/CM either)

Anyways, that set is designed to break and kill walls, be that Milotic, sdefensive Venusaur, Registeel etc who would usually love to switch into Mismagius and force it out. Taunt is simply there so that stuff like Hariyama can't whirlwind you out if you tried to perishtrap it. Nothing barring Electrode is going to be taunting mismag as far as I know in UU.

As far as OU play is concerned, we've got Tyranitar as a likely #1 switch-in (hp fight and wow hurts a lot though). Why would it bother taunting it? Also, stuff like Snorlax, Scizor, Tran, Togekiss (it's useable!), as well as Shaymin and Metagross to a lesser extent doesn't have a lot of trouble switching in and eliminating it with w/e. What do all of these have in common? No taunt, barring on the odd Tran perhaps.

Not that much a fan of perishtrapping, but the set cheeky beaver posted would likely work out decently as far as perishtrapping goes.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
So, on my 5th Gen Pokémon Online team, I have a massive problem as Swords Dance Lucario would rip through my team. So, in my RMT thread, I've already been given a set for Mananbou to counter Lucario, but are there any others?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Gliscor w/ 216 speed is iirc the "premier" Lucario counter, but you've also got others like Gengar, who laughs at it provided it lacks bullet punch, physically defensive Gyarados handles it if it lacks Stone Edge, defensive Zapdos should be able to survive and can heal back with roost, and Celebi w/ enough speed to outrun Adamant Lucario should also work out well w/ HP Fire, not to mention the lovable hippo Hippowdon. Out of the new mons, I guess Desukaan could work out as well, though I'm not sure how effective it is compared to pringlesmon.

Revenging it is probably easier, since you can throw stuff like Genosect, Dory, Mach Punch, or just anything faster that either resists or are immune to E-speed.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2011
Hi, I was looking for a moveset for my Dragonite. I want it to be a Sweeper either Physical or Special.
Thanks in advance

Mixnite is probably your best option.

Dragonite@life orb
116 att/200 spA/192 spe
rash nature
Moveset:
superpower
draco meteor
flamethrower
roost/thunderbolt

Now what is so great about this set is that their is no certain pokemon that can wall this completely(asides from hippowdon who does a pretty good job) so therefore it can really do a good job in ripping through a team. superpower is to hit steal types, but can be replaced with earthquake if you already have a good amount of fighting coverage in your team. Then for the last slot, it is all preference, roost to gain HP, or thunderbolt to hit flying types. both work great.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
To add onto what Oppo said Salamence also works as a luke check/counter. Jirachi can also work well as a check w/ fire punch or a hidden power, just make sure its faster.

Hi, I was looking for a moveset for my Dragonite. I want it to be a Sweeper either Physical or Special.
Thanks in advance

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Roost / Thunderbolt

Mixnite. Speed beats 36 speed base 100's such as defensive Zappy, Jira and Celebi.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Extremespeed

DD ES Nite. Dragon + Water has amazing neutral coverage, better than EQ or Fire Punch as you get walled by Skarm and Zong or Heatran respectively and A-Tail has a chance to 2hko skarm after a DD. It 2HKO'S Sp.Def Skarm with SR.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Classic DD Nite with no ES.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Fire Punch
- SuperPower

CB Nite. Cool revenge killer and wall breaker.

Dragonite @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Roost

Bulky DD Nite. DD, live Ice Beams, Roost. Outclassed in B/W due to Mence doing this better. Arguably Bulky Gyarados does the defensive job better too imo due to Intimidate and Taunt.

You can also put heal bell or safeguard over eq and use the EV spread, 248 hp / 224 sp.def 44 speed @ careful to stop status and get more bulk. Speed beats Lucario and Gliscor after a dd.

Last edited:

AngelicMasterMind

The Thinker
Years
Help building a Mew.

So I was thinking into building the event Mew that was released this time around over the Wi-fi. I'm looking into emphasizing in Special offensiveness traits, and came up with this: Modest nature, high IVs in S.A. (like Mischievous), 255 EVs in S.A. and the rest divided into S.D. and Defense, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic and Ice Beam. That's incidentally what my current Mewtwo is like. But just before going through with it, I thought it would be interesting if I could do something slightly different, since Mew can learn any move, making it more diversifiable than what Mewtwo is. And so I thought if I could change the specs that I had in mind around, while still keeping an emphasis over offensive. What could I do then? I'm looking for some suggestions.

Danketzu

Areon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2011
I need a quick feedback on my Absol's Moveset.

Swords Dance
Superpower
Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut (Paired with Super Luck)

I have a backup move set if this proves to be a problem.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
To add onto what Wolf said Salamence also works as a luke check/counter.
lol

So I was thinking into building the event Mew that was released this time around over the Wi-fi. I'm looking into emphasizing in Special offensiveness traits, and came up with this: Modest nature, high IVs in S.A. (like Mischievous), 255 EVs in S.A. and the rest divided into S.D. and Defense, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic and Ice Beam. That's incidentally what my current Mewtwo is like. But just before going through with it, I thought it would be interesting if I could do something slightly different, since Mew can learn any move, making it more diversifiable than what Mewtwo is. And so I thought if I could change the specs that I had in mind around, while still keeping an emphasis over offensive. What could I do then? I'm looking for some suggestions.
Mew is mainly a supporting Pokémon, and is usually outclassed by Mewtwo whenever it tries to be offensive. The only somewhat offensive moveset I can think of for Modest nature would be something like this:

Mew @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Speed
- Nasty Plot / Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Psychic / Rock Polish

Taunt is to stop PHazers (Roar, Perish Song, etc users), Taunt users, etc so Mew can Baton Pass. Psychic makes Mew slightly offensive, but Rock Polish is more useful for the recipient and gives you a faster Taunt. 36 Speed allows Mew to outrun Jolly Tyranitar without a Speed boost, but if you use Rock Polish 68 Speed would be better so Mew can outspeed all Deoxys-S with one Rock Polish. You can make it more offensive with EVs of course, and/or make it faster (this is useful to see what you want Mew to outrun).

If you haven't obtained Mew yet, and can get a different nature, I can give you some other movesets.

I need a quick feedback on my Absol's Moveset.

Swords Dance
Superpower
Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut (Paired with Super Luck)

I have a backup move set if this proves to be a problem.
Looks fine, you can use Night Slash instead of Psycho Cut too if you don't care about Weezing, Hitmontop, Hariyama, and the like.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Special Chomp With Life orb

Timid 252 spped/252 sp.a
Earth power
Draco metor
Hidden power Grass/Eletric
Flamethrower

Pysical Heatran With Life orb
Earthquake
Stone edge
Fire fang
Iron head
Adamant 252 speed/252 attack

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
posting the hottest garchomp set ever.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 160 HP / 156 Def / 192 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance

im not sure about the EVs i had 240 Spe EVs to outspeed neutral base 100's but then i came to the final acceptance that they died with early DP. i think maybe running enough to outspeed jolly lucario would be a good idea cause of ice punch as well as allowing me outspeed timid LO tran and/or specs tran. thoughts?

edit: the above sets are outclassed; garchomp outclassed by lati@s and heatran outclassed by infernape or arcanine or pretty much every other physically oriented fire-type.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Look at my absol! :D

hey guys i have an absol here and i just wanted to see where he might need improving and updates, thanks and constructive critisisum plz

Absol lvl 100
naughty nature
ability: super luck
double team, shadow claw, psycho cut, sucker punch
Item: scope lens

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
@ Gamer: I've only played a few 5th gen. battles, so I'll let elf (or someone else?) rate it.

hey guys i have an absol here and i just wanted to see where he might need improving and updates, thanks and constructive critisisum plz

Absol lvl 100
naughty nature
ability: super luck
double team, shadow claw, psycho cut, sucker punch
Item: scope lens
Well, Double Team is banned in pretty much all competitive battles, so replace it with Superpower which offers almost perfect neutral coverage (only exceptions are Toxicroak and Heracross) with Sucker Punch. Night Slash can be used instead of Psycho Cut so that the opponent doesn't try outsmart you by not attacking, but Psycho Cut is still viable. Shadow Claw doesn't hit anything significant, so replace it with Swords Dance. Life Orb and Lum Berry are other options for items; the former is more reliable than Scope Lens and the later helps with Weezing and Spiritomb's WOW and Venusaur's Sleep Powder. Choice Band/Scarf can also be used, but replace SD with Pursuit (and for Scarf, Night Slash / Psycho Cut > Sucker Punch, since it's already fast).

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Need bonzong advice

This is where all the team help and advice goes right? well I'm going to be having a big battle with a friend soon (we dont get together often and i want to be ready)

I found a bronzong level 65 I'm training right now.

It has beutifull stats for a tank. Sassy nature (adds sp.def, lowers speed)
And it has quickend temper as its charicteristic which has given it an advantige in its damage.

How is this moveset and EV build?:

252 hp, 100 def, 100 sp.def, 58 attk. (leftovers)

Moves:

gyro ball - bang
earthquake/payback- bang
stealth rock- It has plent of health to set it up first thing
explosion- last resort, and go out with a boom!

I'm very open to any changes considering I'm not very used to training bronzong.

(EDIT: YES IT HAS LEVITATE.)

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
Years
Hey, I'm EV'ing my suicune in attack and speed at the moment, and this question has been preying on my mind:

How do people give suicune HP Electric/Grass ect?

Because I thought if you cannot breed him then it is impossible to get the HiddenPower that you want

Thanks in advance. :)

Detox

Hey, I'm EV'ing my suicune in attack and speed at the moment, and this question has been preying on my mind:

How do people give suicune HP Electric/Grass ect?

Because I thought if you cannot breed him then it is impossible to get the HiddenPower that you want

Thanks in advance. :)

Well firstly, Suicune's attack stat isn't highly used so there is no need to invest in it. I would wipe those and put them in special attack if you are going for a sweeper.

Since I assume you are relating to Wi-Fi, most people who have Hidden Power typed legends have RNG'd, or Random Number Generator abused them. This lets you get any legal arrangement of IV's on any pokemon(also meaning any Hidden Power type), including legends like Suicune.

Back