• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
checkflag 0x200
#include stdpoke.rbh
givepokemon PKMN_SNEASAL 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
BoxSet 0x6
setflag 0x200
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= There's a note attached!\n Dear [player],\pI known you since you were 6,\nI got this for your b-day.
= Would you like to rename it?

Like that. Don't steal, this is for my hack. :)

also i think mine has a glitch, :\

i think so too, you have flags set but for no reason, there is no B_true or 0x1 line(or B_false 0x0)

But i have never seen a script like that before, especialy the "#stdpoke" thing

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Will it always be checkflag 0x200 and setflag 0x200?

No that's just the ID,

but 200 is commonly used,

i think so too, you have flags set but for no reason, there is no B_true or 0x1 line(or B_false 0x0)

But i have never seen a script like that before, especialy the "#stdpoke" thing

Can you try scripting it for me?

I can try to learn from there of yours skill

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Should I always use checkflag and setflag 0x200?
I never understand these. :(

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Can you try scripting it for me?

I can try to learn from there of yours skill

Sorry but no, i am a major nOOb when it comes to scripting, when i get stuck(which happens alot) Dshayabusa helps me(alot)

i just know some of the basics, and i have my own hack to...hack, sorry Ryousha but i cant this time

Should I always use checkflag and setflag 0x200?
I never understand these. :(

give this a read Eveon

Spoiler:

Remember this tutorial(THEx4's) is for pokescript, you will need to change the $ to @ when using XSE, other than that everything else is pretty much the same

Last edited:

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
UGH!

I'm seriously about to lose my head.
I'm so frustrated that i have to search so endlessly for tutorials and information!!
I wish someone would help me!
I made a ROM hack of Leaf Green with Advance Map, Advance Text, Advance Starter, Overworld Editor, XSE, and FSF. When i test my ROM, it always starts out with "The save file is corrupted blah blah" and i can't get rid of that. If i press continue then it goes to a dark red screen. If i press new game then it puts me through the PROF. OAK lecture stuff(which i've been searching to figure out how to change what PROF. OAK says!) and then when i go out of my house it is a black screen and i can't do anything.
And here's the best part.............this all started happening when i tried to put my script from XSE on the game. The compile button that you said to click does not let me click it so i went to batched compiler or something and did it that way and took one of the 2 offsets that it gave me and put it on a sprite that i made from scratch and so now i can't even play my ROM and i feel like giving up and deleting everything!!!!
SOMEONE HELP ME!

Ryousha

Years
I'm so frustrated that i have to search so endlessly for tutorials and information!!
I made a ROM hack of Leaf Green with Advance Map, Advance Text, Advance Starter, Overworld Editor, XSE, and FSF. When i test my ROM, it always starts out with "The save file is corrupted blah blah" and i can't get rid of that. If i press continue then it goes to a dark red screen. If i press new game then it puts me through the PROF. OAK lecture stuff(which i've been searching to figure out how to change what PROF. OAK says!) and then when i go out of my house it is a black screen and i can't do anything.
And here's the best part.............this all started happening when i tried to put my script from XSE on the game. The compile button that you said to click does not let me click it so i went to batched compiler or something and did it that way and took one of the 2 offsets that it gave me and put it on a sprite that i made from scratch and so now i can't even play my ROM and i feel like giving up and deleting everything!!!!
SOMEONE HELP ME!

Geta new one, XSE is still unstable it may break your rom, get used to it.

Theres a reason called:Backs up ;)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
SOMEONE HELP ME!
Change your Save Type to 128kb, from 64kb. :)
Geta new one, XSE is still unstable it may break your rom, get used to it.

Theres a reason called:Backs up ;)
XSE is much more stable than any other script editor, and it shouldn't screw up your ROM. :P

But still, BACK UP!

Ryousha

Years
Change your Save Type to 128kb, from 64kb. :)

XSE is much more stable than any other script editor, and it shouldn't screw up your ROM. :P

But still, BACK UP!

Yeah Back Up

also XSE does break my rom once in a millenium years day

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
What do you mean "Change your Save Type to 128kb, from 64kb."??
On AdvanceMap? or in the game saves?
From my knowledge, i don't even think you CAN save the game on an emulator...can you?
This is all so confusing.
I just want to make my ROM but there's so many errors, bugs, glitches, problems, issues!!!!!!!!! GOD....

Ah.
I changed it and it got rid of the corruption message but my game still blinks different colors varying from red to green to brown to black whenever i step out of my house. And another problem is that i want to be able to edit the message about "you are about to embark on ..blehbleh.." and i want to be able to edit what Oak says in the beginning also. I can't find either of those two things....

Hello???
Can someone help me?!

I'm just going to delete my ROM.
I have to since no one on this careless board will help and if they will, i don't know where the frick to go.

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
What do you mean "Change your Save Type to 128kb, from 64kb."??
On AdvanceMap? or in the game saves?
From my knowledge, i don't even think you CAN save the game on an emulator...can you?
This is all so confusing.
I just want to make my ROM but there's so many errors, bugs, glitches, problems, issues!!!!!!!!! GOD....

Ah.
I changed it and it got rid of the corruption message but my game still blinks different colors varying from red to green to brown to black whenever i step out of my house. And another problem is that i want to be able to edit the message about "you are about to embark on ..blehbleh.." and i want to be able to edit what Oak says in the beginning also. I can't find either of those two things....

Hello???
Can someone help me?!

I'm just going to delete my ROM.
I have to since no one on this careless board will help and if they will, i don't know where the frick to go.
This is a scripting thread. For ROM help ask in the "Simple Questions" thread. >_<

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x719B18

#org @1
message @2
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF @creepy
waitmovement 0x0
end

#org @2
= This place is creepy,\nwe should leave....

#org @creepy
#raw 0x00 0x1D 0xFE

So, it compiles fine, however it freezes when I step on the script :/
Question is what am I doing wrong?

(I feel like a nOOb again, even though I've been hacking for a year or so :/)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
In advance map, it has a script tile right?
In it, it has a: Unknown, var number, var value, and another unknown.
Type in these 2 only: the first unknown: 0003
And var number: 4050.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, that helped a little, however now I have this error:

error-1.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Uh oh.
Well, I'm still in learning.
So, I'm sry, I thought that would help make it work. :(

Years
  • ny
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
Im confused i no how to do it but like how do you chose wat person to give it to

ok i found out how to import it but im confused about 1 thing its about wild pokemon were do you plac it on the map do you place it on a person or do you place it like in random grass is there like any thing i have to do yo make the wild pokemon apperar

thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

twi1ight

Pokemon Paradox Creator
Years
I have a long script I need help with I have already tried the script help thread.
Spoiler:

Thnx :D

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
PEOPLE! This is not the script help thread! If you need script help, go HERE!
Seriously, I dont want such a great thread being locked down, keep it on topic please. (Also, this Tutorial is great darthatron, I looked it over, and you helped me understand a bit more about XSE, I am still waiting for Hackmew's full tutorial though, but thanks for this, it has helped me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back