• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Gabri

m8
Years
Great screenies, Zel! And the T-Screen is pretty good too! And I'm glad you got rid of the Pokeball disappearance, that was getting annoying. Well, keep up!

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
hey zel, your hack is awesome!!!! One thing I was wandering though is whether you're gonna include the stat boosting berries (salac, starf, ganlon etc) cos since every pokemon will be obtainable i thought it'd b good if all the berries were as well, (maybe one as a trick house reward?) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2008
UGH?????? Have you played Gold/Silver/Crystal? You get to Kanto the first time via the SS Aqua. Then you get the magnet train fixed and whatever. I think you're thinking of that little path at the side of the corridor just before victory road. That opens up when you go in through the "Viridian" side.

No offence mind, you probably just haven't played it in a while. I took apart my Pokemon red to replace the battery in Silver. The internal battery died in my Silver cart and I lost my save game with my shiny red Celebi WHICH I GOT LIGITAMETLY THROUGH A NINTENDO EVENT!!!! CHEATING = BAD!!!!
OK. I'll stop now.
[/rant]
Yeah,sorry, I haven't played gold in years(my battery died and I got older too:p), but this hack has really caught my attention, since u can get every poke and still trade with standard versions ;)
also, I think zel is one of the hardest working hackers in the community, and a great scriter too, keep it up!
Btw, I really love those little fixes(on new bark), those bugs were really annoying :S

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from. you could also put some of the islands there for pokemon like deoxys

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I like the phone idea, with telephone, this is sounding more like Gold everyday.
Did you know there are several places which are actually hidden in Violet City? There is a way to reach them but I'd rather not say as its pretty obvious. If I could get a map of them would you use them? Or are you sticking to what Pokemon Gold has to offer and not what not made the cut?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from. you could also put some of the islands there for pokemon like deoxys

There isnt any more room in the Rom. He made Johto off of the Sevii Islands. I think Carlos came from Kanto because he cut through new bark town to battle you the first time and as you may know the route East of New Bark town is Kanto.

@zel@ Will the Johto map be in the next Beta. Mastermind_x has returned from vacation so the tutorial should be up soon.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
then i have an idea for where the other legendaries go:
1.groudon-victory road
2.kyogre-mt.mortor
3.mew-mt.silver
if there isn't much space left how come he's putting extras in like the trick house

hey zel,i was thinking are u gonna keep cerulean cave open.that's pratically the only way to get mewtwo.oh yh in the opening u could put the battle frontier extended opening in it.it's only an idea.good luck zel,yer almost there

Last edited:

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
oh-ho screenies! *rubs hands together* looks good like very very good o_o whats this PokeBeeper though i think i missed that (add on to the phone card? o0) keep it up!!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
then i have an idea for where the other legendaries go:
1.groudon-victory road
2.kyogre-mt.mortor
3.mew-mt.silver
if there isn't much space left how come he's putting extras in like the trick house

hey zel,i was thinking are u gonna keep cerulean cave open.that's pratically the only way to get mewtwo.oh yh in the opening u could put the battle frontier extended opening in it.it's only an idea.good luck zel,yer almost there

1. Zel has all the Legendary Locations planned out already.
2. If you played the latest beta, you will notice that the cave entrance of Mewtwo's Cave is moved, although blocked, since it isn't mapped yet.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
pokemon pokemon pokemon yh

i'm looking into the future.how will we get him them

thanks mate that helps a lot

OH yh.i can imagine game freak cowering.mwuhahahah!
i can't wait to play the final version.it's gonna be so cool

i wonder if zel will win another award when he is finished with this hack

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Just thought I'd poke my head in and tell how awesome I think it is that you've come up with these great ideas to replace the Pokegear. The new title screen looks great. I love the graphics for this game..

Just awesome.

Years
I see Progress is going good :D
I'm waiting for a long time to play a finished version of Shiny Gold :P
It takes a while but as i see it now it won't be so long anymore..
Succes on Shiny Gold zel..

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
I NEED HELP! i am currently in blackthorn city I just defeated claire and went to dragon's den, i forgot to teach whirlpool to my pokemon so i got clampearl from the pc but it isn't holding any item! help, i am already in blackthorn where do i get whirlpool? do i need to do this thing from the beggining again? noooooooooooo...!!!!!!!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I NEED HELP! i am currently in blackthorn city I just defeated claire and went to dragon's den, i forgot to teach whirlpool to my pokemon so i got clampearl from the pc but it isn't holding any item! help, i am already in blackthorn where do i get whirlpool? do i need to do this thing from the beggining again? noooooooooooo...!!!!!!!

If you read the Walkthrough on page 1, then you would have known that Clamperl already knows WHIRPOOL.
Next time check the walkthrough

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
man this game is good.zelyou could make an underground town where carlos lives.it'd be like a batch of secret bases and trainers to take on.it would be so cool.it's only an idea.i've been thinking for ages so tell me if it's a stupid idea if u wanna.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
Victory Road

Hey everyone,

I cant get through victory road: I cant find a way through the ice path to the right

Can anyone help?

Back