• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
There is a tool I found before where you could edit the Attacks and Name of Pokemon. In Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red and Leafgreen..
Does anyone remember which and give me a link to download it?
Thanks.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Hey guys, for some reason, when i go to VBA and play my hack, i go into a house, but it just stays a black screen... Any one know why?

The only thing that comes to mind is a glitch or a bug. Chk your warp and chk the house map in A-map to make sure you didn't do put the warp in wrong.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
3. I've used a lot of hex programs for GSC, but can someone give me the link to the best one?
For the most part they're all adequate. So long as you have something with good searching capabilities and table support, you're generally fine. I use Windhex, which also has a built-in IPS patcher and file comparison.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
1. Okay, does anybody have a download link to the program, "Diamond Cutter?"
Google "birmin studios" and click on the first link. Then go to Hack Tools and it should be there.

2. Download link for PokeScript?
It's in the toolbox under the thread name:"Your Scripted evolved into a Pokescipt"

4. How do I change what tileset I'm using in EliteMap?
I use Advance Map but it should be under the "Header" tab.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
^Hey, thanks for the answers! But I have one problem: AdvanceMap doesn't work for 98, and that's what I'm using, so I need to know how to do it in EliteMap! Thanks in advance!

I want some scripts for my hack game.

1-I want a man give a Charmander and run away map (Ever)

2-I want an another man give Pokedex and run away map (Ever)

3-I want a door close until catch a Mareep. (No level range needed)

Can you look my help? I am need much.

Last edited by a moderator:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hi, I'm trying to implent
some "special tickets" in a hack o mine
but There's something I dont understand:

;SCRIPT ENTRY POINT
08276B03: 26 Level2CmdStore 800D 01F8 ; This mean Special2 0x800D(var) 0x01F8
08276B08: 21 cmp16 [ptr],I 800D 0001 ;Compare LastResult 0x1
08276B0D: 06 jmp_if 01 08276B23 ;if B_true goto 0x276B23
08276B13: 05 jmp 08276B19
08276B18: 02 quit

How do I make it possible to goto the pointer
after the B_true?

I think I need to set a var but... I don't know
which one.

Please Help me.

//44tim44

;SCRIPT ENTRY POINT
08276B03: 26 Level2CmdStore 800D 01F8 ; This mean Special2 0x800D(var) 0x01F8
08276B08: 21 cmp16 [ptr],I 800D 0001 ;Compare LastResult 0x1
08276B0D: 06 jmp_if 01 08276B23 ;if B_true goto 0x276B23
08276B13: 05 jmp 08276B19
08276B18: 02 quit

after the B_true?

which one.

Please, Help me.

//44tim44

Last edited:

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
Hey guys, for some reason, when i go to VBA and play my hack, i go into a house, but it just stays a black screen... Any one know why?

same happens with me, i just make the map size 1 extra tile wider lengthways, and its fixed. hope that helps.

after the B_true?

which one.

Please Help me.

//44tim44

after the B_true?

which one.

Please, Help me.

//44tim44

go to script help for help with scripting...

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I'm having problems finding the FR male hero sprite at the introduction when choosing the gender. Does any one know the Unlz number. I've checked through the whole thing to number 2070 something then it wouldn't let me scroll next any further (so that's probably the limit) and I didn't sse the introducion sprite once. Can anyone help?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
I'm having problems finding the FR male hero sprite at the introduction when choosing the gender. Does any one know the Unlz number. I've checked through the whole thing to number 2070 something then it wouldn't let me scroll next any further (so that's probably the limit) and I didn't sse the introducion sprite once. Can anyone help?

its somewhere about 300-360. in 256 color mode.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Ok I found the sprite and imported a new one on top while it was in 256 mode with B/W and wrote it to the rom. It was ok. I don't really trust my Unlz so I opened up my FireRed and the sprite wasn't there. When I picked the male gender professor oak's sprite returned and when I gave the name the sprite didn't show at all. Just the circle platform. What's wrong? This never happened to me before.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I really need to find out something: I'm using TLP (Tile Layerer Pro) for the graphics of my Gold hack. So I need the hex codes to find the graphics location. You get what I mean? Well here's an example:
Tileset 1: 18942
I need the hex numbers for each tilesets, the ingame Pokemon picutres, and the titlescreen number. For the titlescreen, I just need the number for where it says: "Gold Version" So I can change the name. Thanks!

Okay, I've got several more questions:
1. How do I add more maps with EliteMap
2. The Pokescript link is dead in the toolbox. I need a link for the program.
3. Whenever I try to open a script in DiamondCutter, I get the following error message:
Run time error '6'
Subcript out of range
or something like that.
4. Can someone give me some hex numbers for TLP for changing the graphics in Gold Version? I need the hex numbers for the titlescreen where it says: "Gold Version" and the numbers for each tileset.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
4. Can someone give me some hex numbers for TLP for changing the graphics in Gold Version? I need the hex numbers for the titlescreen where it says: "Gold Version" and the numbers for each tileset.
Tilesets and the title screen are both compressed, and can't be edited with Tile Layer Pro.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
How do I:
edit the map connections on Advance Map
(for example: i want to go directly from Pallet town to route 5) -> FRLG

At the top of the window, there should be a button with four arrows pointing up, down, left and right. If you click on that, it should take you to the Connections Editor. Or you could go to Tools -> Map connections at the very top of the window. Once there, you have to change the map bank and map number to that of the map that you want to link to. There are two connections out of Pallet Town so remember to change the right one. Also, you should go to the linked map (Route 5 in your case) and change one of the connections to Pallet Town.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Thanks Colcolstyles.
I always wondered what was that tool for apart for easily navigating through maps.
I recently learned how to use the map banks.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Well, I made a tile (sideways stairs!).
Now, I have a problem.
How can i change how I walk through it?
Meaning: I walk UNDER it right now...How do I make it that I walk OVER it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
erm, try this one. :\
untitled-10.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
Does anyone know how to edit how much money trainers give after you beat them?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back