• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
Ok guys, I had recently downloaded Advanced Trainer to be able to edit the moves and held items on the Pokemon rather than using TrPET. But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the offset to work and I repointed it to what it suggested to do and copied the script of the old one and just replaced the old offset with the new. But he still had the same Pokemon. :s I tried just editing the Pokemon and not add the hold items or attacks and that worked fine, but that defeats the whole purpose of downloading the new program.

Also I'm having trouble with a warp inside a cave. I can go in just fine, however, when I try to leave, I can't. The game just thinks I'm running into a wall. I made sure the warp no. and map numbers were correct so it should work. I dunno what to do. I tried remaking the warp to and that didn't work either. I even tried taking a warp straight from the game to warp somewhere else and it didn't work.

Please help.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Went on AdvanceMap, did everything the tutorials said, but when I get out of the truck in Emerald, Littleroot Town turns black.

I've checked the warps and stuff but I can't find anything out of place. Any help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
How do I change the HP bars in Pokemon Fire Red Version? I'm currently working on a ROM hack and I want to make the battles look cool. XP

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Also I'm having trouble with a warp inside a cave. I can go in just fine, however, when I try to leave, I can't. The game just thinks I'm running into a wall. I made sure the warp no. and map numbers were correct so it should work. I dunno what to do. I tried remaking the warp to and that didn't work either. I even tried taking a warp straight from the game to warp somewhere else and it didn't work.
If the tile inside the cave that you are trying to warp from does not have the correct tile behavior, then the warp will not work. Tile behaviors can be changed in the block editor in Advance Map.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Okay... now every time that I open XSE I get Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range
Anyone know how to fix this?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Okay... now every time that I open XSE I get Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range
Anyone know how to fix this?

You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question THREE TIMES IN A ROW)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question THREE TIMES IN A ROW)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.

Whoops, sorry, I tried Googling it but I found nothing, so I thought this was an unique problem. Thanks for explaining it to me, though.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
If the tile inside the cave that you are trying to warp from does not have the correct tile behavior, then the warp will not work. Tile behaviors can be changed in the block editor in Advance Map.

Thank you for the help. :3

Also I need help with something else. I'm getting an error message every time I'm trying to save my Pokemon now which means I can't change the Pokemon you find in certain routes. *frown* Here's a screen shot. Can someone help me with this?

Spoiler:

Years
I know CrystalStatic is answering this question left and right but I have problems with my XSE. First of all and most importantly, it gives me the Runtime Error 380. No biggie. Now. I know the easy fix is go to the settings.ini and change that one integer and whatnot, but here's my main issue.

MY XSE DIDN'T COME WITH A SETTINGS.INI

No jest.

How do I get around this?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I know CrystalStatic is answering this question left and right but I have problems with my XSE. First of all and most importantly, it gives me the Runtime Error 380. No biggie. Now. I know the easy fix is go to the settings.ini and change that one integer and whatnot, but here's my main issue.

MY XSE DIDN'T COME WITH A SETTINGS.INI

No jest.

How do I get around this?

Go the the folder that your XSE came with. There should be a few files in there, but not much. Download the settings.ini file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ipsw9kp4c3n4y6j

Then move it into the XSE folder.

motb777

Spriter
Years
Sorry guys if I ask already existed questions but:
1) How to edit the pokedex skins in pokemon ruby?
2) How to change the order of the entries (in ruby again)?

Please reply (I've been searching for ages).
Thanks a lot! :)

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
Please, i'm begging you.

Can someone tell me the Images Offsets/UNLZ goto for the In-Battle HP and EXP BARS on Fire Red (U)?

Please!

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
Downloaded, tried, didn't work.

Any more ideas?

Try putting this into settings.ini

Spoiler:

Years
Try putting this into settings.ini

Spoiler:

Still doesn't work.

This frustrates me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I just searched through the Documents & Tutorials, and Toolbox section, and there isn't a single document/tutorial on making your own tools.

So my question is, how do you make your own tools?

Years
I just searched through the Documents & Tutorials, and Toolbox section, and there isn't a single document/tutorial on making your own tools.

I am a little confused about your question.
There is no need to make a tutorial on making your own tools because there are already loads of really good ones on this site.

But to make them, it requires a lot of coding (way beyond my knowledge).

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014

Programming knowledge. You have to know how to make a tool find certain information in the ROM and then change that information depending on what the user clicks/types in and such (user interface programming is needed too). Most I know use C++, but there are many other programming languages that work just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back