• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Can't wait until you finish this game. This game looks intriguing. Love the Quest Log idea and I do agree it'll make the game more interesting then most games. And i'm a little shocked this thread isn't more popular. Also I think you should stick with the Fakemons to make this game more unique. Wish you the best of luck on this intriguing game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Interesting, i'll check it out after Reborn

Can't wait until you finish this game. This game looks intriguing. Love the Quest Log idea and I do agree it'll make the game more interesting then most games. And i'm a little shocked this thread isn't more popular. Also I think you should stick with the Fakemons to make this game more unique. Wish you the best of luck on this intriguing game.

Thank you both for taking interest in this game. I really appreciate it :)

Now, I know I haven't updated the thread in a while, but it's not because I'm not working on the game. I want to update it once I finish it, and I am very close to doing so!

All that's left in the actual game is to finish the Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Isle of Nevarone quests. And to add all the legendaries... somewhere. There's quite a lot of them, and I'll probably have to create a few islands containing some of them.

The only problem I'm facing is replacing the sprites after I've finished the game. I mean, the main player looks like Red, and the gym leaders and E4 are (very bad) edits of already existing sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Thank you both for taking interest in this game. I really appreciate it :)

Now, I know I haven't updated the thread in a while, but it's not because I'm not working on the game. I want to update it once I finish it, and I am very close to doing so!

All that's left in the actual game is to finish the Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Isle of Nevarone quests. And to add all the legendaries... somewhere. There's quite a lot of them, and I'll probably have to create a few islands containing some of them.

The only problem I'm facing is replacing the sprites after I've finished the game. I mean, the main player looks like Red, and the gym leaders and E4 are (very bad) edits of already existing sprites.

And this is why i can never make my own game or hack of pokemon too much work xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This project is finally done! Sorta... there's a list of things that need to be done in the OP, but they're not necessary for playing the game.

I will put up a download link tonight, for anyone who is willing to play it. And I want to thank everyone who took interest in this project :) Thank you!

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Awesome to hear that your finished man!

I will play and try to beat your game.

I also have a few ideas on what your reward would be if you complete the pokedex.

Good luck and keep on developing, or if you'd like help in a project I'm working on, since you said you were bored of this one. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Download link is up!

Pokemon Metal

Awesome to hear that your finished man!

I will play and try to beat your game.

I also have a few ideas on what your reward would be if you complete the pokedex.

Good luck and keep on developing, or if you'd like help in a project I'm working on, since you said you were bored of this one. :D

Thank you :) Good luck!

As for the reward ideas, let's hear them!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 2, 2021
This game looks awesome,definitely going to play this after going home.I have never seen a game which has progressed so fast,so hats off to you for finishing the game in 5 months.

And,yeah there is a tile error in the screenshot of rainbow city,there is no way to enter the pokemon centre.

EDIT:Do you think you can add follower pokemon and mega evolution into the game easily?If so please add them,although i will play even if you wont add.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Congrats man! Mazel Tov! Are you going spruce up the OP and move into the Game showcase?
Thanks :) Isn't that up to a moderator? I should contact one about moving the thread.

This game looks awesome,definitely going to play this after going home.I have never seen a game which has progressed so fast,so hats off to you for finishing the game in 5 months.

And,yeah there is a tile error in the screenshot of rainbow city,there is no way to enter the pokemon centre.

EDIT:Do you think you can add follower pokemon and mega evolution into the game easily?If so please add them,although i will play even if you wont add.

Ooh, Mega evolution! I knew I've forgotten something important.... Yes, I will add mega evolution with the next update. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can add follower Pokemon, since all moving events are planned without one. Adding a Pokemon behind the trainer might cause unwanted collision which would make the game crash.

About Rainbow, I'm not really sure what you mean. Is it the concrete? The player can walk through that, it's just there to make it look a bit nicer. I'm pretty sure that it's possible to enter the Pokemon Center.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 2, 2021
About Rainbow, I'm not really sure what you mean. Is it the concrete? The player can walk through that, it's just there to make it look a bit nicer. I'm pretty sure that it's possible to enter the Pokemon Center.
Yeah it is the concrete,it looks odd.It looks as if we cannot go through it or maybe its just me who thinks that way.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks :) Isn't that up to a moderator? I should contact one about moving the thread.
It is! as long as you meet the requirements of the Showcase, you can request to have your thread moved, however, If I were you I would clean up your OP, you have a lot of information, but its all over the place and could be done better.

Edit:
Congrats on moving on up in the world ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
It is! as long as you meet the requirements of the Showcase, you can request to have your thread moved, however, If I were you I would clean up your OP, you have a lot of information, but its all over the place and could be done better.

Edit:
Congrats on moving on up in the world ^^

Thanks :) Yeah, the moderator also told me to fix my first post xD Thank you for your support!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks :) Yeah, the moderator also told me to fix my first post xD Thank you for your support!

I like it, but it could be better, you don't mention the characters in it, are you still working on it? If you're thinking you'd rather save it for the player to find out, that's a cool idea, but it might be worth it to at least show the PC and the Rivals

Nobololol

King Of Mercy
Years
If I could play this on my android device I would but since I can't I'll have to wait when I have more time to play on computer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Thanks for making such an interesting looking game! A bug I noticed: When you are in Moon City and press Enter to look at the brown stone ornament next to the old man, it says 'A corolful stone ornament' instead of colorful.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I like it, but it could be better, you don't mention the characters in it, are you still working on it? If you're thinking you'd rather save it for the player to find out, that's a cool idea, but it might be worth it to at least show the PC and the Rivals
I've been told not to reveal a lot, so the players could find out on their own. On the other hand, I should at least mention the gym leaders and reveal who they're based on. I'll probably do that. Thanks :)

If I could play this on my android device I would but since I can't I'll have to wait when I have more time to play on computer.
Glad you're interested in it. I'm sorry there's no Android version.

Thanks for making such an interesting looking game! A bug I noticed: When you are in Moon City and press Enter to look at the brown stone ornament next to the old man, it says 'A corolful stone ornament' instead of colorful.
Thank you! I'm so glad you like it :) And thank you for pointing that out, too! Please point out any other typos you find, I'll fix them all and include it in the next update.

Can you make a link for mac because it is an exe file so i cant open it...
I'm sorry, but RPG Maker XP can create games only for Windows. I wish I could create a MAC version, but it's beyond my possibilities. Sorry :(

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I've been told not to reveal a lot, so the players could find out on their own. On the other hand, I should at least mention the gym leaders and reveal who they're based on. I'll probably do that. Thanks :)
While it's a good idea to do that, you should at least mention the characters the the player has an idea of what they're getting into, unless the player is going to find out about the hero's and rivals back story and it's a big plot thing.
You can give information without revealing everything :P
Just don't put all the spoiler stuff, only give important, basic information.
But I'm sure you'll know what to do, you're a smart guy and very talented.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
When talking to the man in Kashmir in the house who says he's raising his kids alone, the man says Taking care of two kids on my own sure isn't easy at all... Their mom is challenging the Pokemon League. Can you believe it? In her age?"

Should this be 'At her age'?

Also, the little girl upstairs says: "Never go out without Pokeballs!" I've always thought it was two words.

I have a question, too. Where do I get the fishing rods?

Back