• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hey everyone. I'm sorry to bother you, but I've looked at at ALL scripting tutorials and scripting just DOESN'T work for me. ex. when i use pokescript and open my rom the character is there but when i talk to it it just goes beep and nothing happens. This has been a frequent problem and stops me from scripting although i love to hack Roms. I have used XSE and a basic script ( like "hi" ) takes me to the celadon game center to choose a prize.
Hacking Fire Red
Vista ( if thats important )
tried poket script
tried eXtreme Script Editor
even tried advance text.
so if you know the answer and don't mind posting, Please Help:)
Here's your answer =D Never use pokescript, always use XSE ;)
If you try with XSE you'll surely get a hold of scripting in no time =)
So try it again and it'll surely work =)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
hey everyone. I'm sorry to bother you, but I've looked at at ALL scripting tutorials and scripting just DOESN'T work for me. ex. when i use pokescript and open my rom the character is there but when i talk to it it just goes beep and nothing happens. This has been a frequent problem and stops me from scripting although i love to hack Roms. I have used XSE and a basic script ( like "hi" ) takes me to the celadon game center to choose a prize.
Hacking Fire Red
Vista ( if thats important )
tried poket script
tried eXtreme Script Editor
even tried advance text.
so if you know the answer and don't mind posting, Please Help:)

Open up XSE, and press the F2 Key, a guide to XSE and basic scripting is included with the program.
Read it from beginning to end, it might be a bit of a long read, but once you read it, and master that guide, you'll have all of the knowledge needed to get you started scripting, from there you can read more advanced scripting guides on here, and really make some hard core scripts.

Happy hacking!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I made a script for one of the hacks I'm working on, and I keep getting this annoying error saying: Unknow Keyword "" at line 13.

Here's the script, and I hope someone can help me.

Picture in attachments.

Spoiler:

....JPG

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I made a script for one of the hacks I'm working on, and I keep getting this annoying error saying: Unknow Keyword "" at line 13.

Here's the script, and I hope someone can help me.
Wow... I can't believe what I'm seeing o.O
Dude, you really need to fix your style of writing scripts o.O
You see... it's better if you write syntax like this:

Code:
Commands

That way it'd be better for us to find errors.

Olli

Years
I know, but this is the way I've always done it.
Anyways, I fixed the bug.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
this is probably going to make me feel stupid for asking, but how do I play straight up sound effects in XSE? the command for it lol.. i want my ! box's to make the sound effect also.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
this is probably going to make me feel stupid for asking, but how do I play straight up sound effects in XSE? the command for it lol.. i want my ! box's to make the sound effect also.

Use the 'sound' command followed by which sound effect you want to use. The pop-up for the exclamation box is 0x15. This post documents a few of the sounds in-game and their corresponding numbers.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hey, is there any way to change an attack's animation?

~BLAZE

lol jap Unzl has the moves pics in it if you find it i think if you go a bt further than the trainers they are there but if you mess around with it you will figure it out btw it may seem diffrent when you try it

Years
hey can some one help me with my script im not sure what i did wrong
I use Pokescript
I f you talk to this person he gives you a pokemon then when you talk to him again he asks you in a yes or no question if you like dragon pokemon.

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hey future champ, take this!
boxset 6
givepokemon 25 5
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $question
$question 1 = Do you like dragon pokemon?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $yes
message $no
$no 1 = You don't? That's too bad.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $yes
message $yes1
$yes1 1 = You do? That's great!
boxset 6
release
end

Olli

Years
It's hard to help you when I'm using XSE and I don't know what's wrong.
So can you please tell me what it is that's not working, and then I might be able to help.

Olli

Years
Well I'm not sure then.
I think things would prove easier later on if you tried XSE.
Not that many people use Pokescript anymore, so it'll just be harder in the future.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I use Pokescript
I f you talk to this person he gives you a pokemon then when you talk to him again he asks you in a yes or no question if you like dragon pokemon.

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
message $talk
boxset 6
givepokemon 25 5
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $question
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $yes
message $no
boxset 6
release
end

#org $yes
message $yes1
boxset 6
release
end

ohk so the way im reading it is because its going straight to the top one every time as there is nothing redirecting it to the bottom script
i think this may work i will show you with your script
Spoiler:

so i think this should work i switched the flags around and added a if b true line so once the script comes to the checkflag it will go straight to the next script as the flag has been set go try it out f their are any errors ask me but flags help alot you could even do it in two diffrent scripts example he gives you the first poke then you go speak to someone and the say that guy has a dragon for you and you set the flag then when you go ack to him the next script activates lol

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I use Pokescript

Spoiler:

You forgot the "if" command that will check the flag you have set.
Here's a fix...
Code:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
[COLOR="Red"]if 0x1 goto $done[/COLOR]
message $talk
boxset 6
givepokemon 25 5
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $question
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $yes
message $no
boxset 6
release
end

#org $yes
message $yes1
boxset 6
release
end

ohk so the way im reading it is because its going straight to the top one every time as there is nothing redirecting it to the bottom script
i think this may work i will show you with your script
Spoiler:

so i think this should work i switched the flags around and added a if b true line so once the script comes to the checkflag it will go straight to the next script as the flag has been set go try it out f their are any errors ask me but flags help alot you could even do it in two diffrent scripts example he gives you the first poke then you go speak to someone and the say that guy has a dragon for you and you set the flag then when you go ack to him the next script activates lol

Your suggested script will only give the player a pokemon each time the NPC is talked to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back