• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Real Name

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
What is your real name?
my real name Rodriguezjames backwards with a Matthew in the middle (James Matthew Rodriguez)

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online?
look at my user name

Do you like it? Why/Why not?
last name Rodriguez from Germanic Rhyd-derch (famous chief) Rodriguez 1st orginated in France and move to spain then Hispaniola (im pueto rican) coat of arms
Showthumb.ashx

1st name James derived from greek Ιακωβος (Iakobos)(he who Supersede)
Middle Matthew derived from Hebrew Mattityahu (gods gift which i am XP)

Would you change it?
heck no my names have a lot of histroy and meaning why change it​

Last edited:
Years
What is your real name? (Optional)
Daniel

Yeah, not like anyone can steal my identity... I have a mohawk, try coping that will ya :P

I do indeed, it just goes, I mean, can you imagine yourself with a different name?

Would you change it? (If yes, to what?)
Maybe to 'Mo Hawk' but people call me mohawk dan anyway :P

Honest

Hi!
Years
Mohammed Rahman. But I'm known as Dipu cause Mohammed is too common and religious. And I have no problem sharing it, since Rahman's common, and Dipu isn't as obscure as you might think. Since I call myself Dipu, I'll talk about that. Yes, I like it. It's unique, which is something I like. And it just sounds cool (funny maybe, but cool)! I might change it officially when I'm older. Maybe.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

My name is Jessica Sideways. Seriously.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Mohammed Rahman. But I'm known as Dipu cause Mohammed is too common and religious. And I have no problem sharing it, since Rahman's common, and Dipu isn't as obscure as you might think. Since I call myself Dipu, I'll talk about that. Yes, I like it. It's unique, which is something I like. And it just sounds cool (funny maybe, but cool)! I might change it officially when I'm older. Maybe.
Hmm,i don't think that the name Mohammed (Mahammed) is funny..it's the prophet name and it's a very nice name.. ^^

What is your real name?
Hmm,only close people know it,though some irl friends call me Lili..so that's my nickname

I don't like to say it to everybody i only like to say it to the closest people because i don't like to be called with it online from people i don't know,it makes me feel weird!

Do you like it? Why/Why not?.
Yup,my dad gave me the name so i like it loty and i like the meaning too :)

Would you change it?

Nope,i don't think so..it has been my name since 21 years now why would i do that! that's the way Aha Aha i like it Aha aha lol

Ice Car

Banned
Years

1) Damon. Not saying my last name though, but it's Japanese, I'll give you that much.

2) Sure. Last name, nope.

3) Nope. I just don't really like the sound of it really.

4) Yes, but don't know what to. Anything that sounds more normal I guess.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
What is your real name?
Joseph/Joe

Yeah. It gets weird when people that don't know you very well, or don't particularly like, start to call you by it though.

"Joe" is pretty average, if not the definition.

Joseph is pretty cool though, although nobody ever calls me by it. If ever they do I really appreciate it.

Only if I had a sex change or something like that, but I wouldn't stray too far I don't think.

Josephine? ^^;

Jackrico77

Micheal
Years
What is your real name?
Micheal Lawrence

yes i wish i could change my username to it

Micheal name of an arch-angle and last name could be better

Would you change it?
No

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My name is Erica. I think for a few years I was really hesitant to share it but I got over that pretty quick.

I love my name a lot. The meaning is pretty cool "ever powerful, ever ruler" and it's not too common while not being so uncommon that no one recognizes it. (Although it is kind of annoying how Erica and Erika are equally common spellings so it's near impossible to get someone to spell my name right if the first Erica they met spelt her name with a K.)

I used to really want to change my name to Katherine when I was a kid because I thought it was a pretty name but now I don't think I even like it all that much. :x I can't really see myself changing my name and I have no idea what I'd pick if I had to. So luckily I'm happy with mine!

Years
Craige, but I don't like it too much, it never really stuck on me. But if I get a name change, I'll lose one of the few that things I identify with. Oh what to do :s

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
My Name
...Antoine; a common name...even tho, it can be spelled in a different way. Still...I happen to like the way my name's spelled.

My Comfort level, about the revealing of my Name
...Ya know, I honestly, have no prob sharing this online. I've shared it plenty of times with other people and whatnot.

My Feeling for my Name
I like my name...I wouldn't change it for da word. :)

My consideration of changin' my Name
Hell ta da effin Nah...There's none.

Years
My name's Jess. That's not the full version, but is usually what people call me anyway and is really the extent of how comfortable I am with giving out my name online. Part of the reason is the fact that I don't like my full name as much - though, oddly enough, I actually wouldn't change it just because it's just...well, it's my name. I've had it for long enough that changing it would seem too weird to me.

As for being comfortable with sharing it online, ehhh, I don't tend to offer it to people much. If the opportunity to say what it is comes up (such as a thread like this), I might take it, but for the most part if no one asks I won't ever give it.

Years
My real name is David, it's an alright name but it's really common so pretty much everywhere I go there are other David's so things can get pretty confusing.

I'm not really that bothered about sharing my real name online, I don't even care about my last name either since everything I'd say online is something I'd say offline so I have no reason to be ashamed of what I say online. However it is a pretty weird feeling having someone I don't know and have never even seen before talk to me using my name.

I wouldn't change my name, I have thought about it but all the reasons why I'd change it are to make life easier for other people which to be honest is a stupid reason to change my name.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Jerry

Sure, why not.

Not really, it just kinda sounds weird when someone says my name

Even tho I don't like it, I don't think I would wanna change it

Gabri

m8
Years
Gabriel. No problem on sharing it as long as it's not my full name. I'm not particularly fond of it, but I don't dislike it either - and wouldn't change it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
My real name is David and I used to be uncomfortable sharing it online but it'd be difficult to do anything with it if someone decided to revert to their stalker-ish ways. There's also no secrecy on the internet no matter how you look at it, so why not? I also would never change it if I had the chance, as I was named after my late grandfather, so the name has a lot of meaning to me.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people".
Same as Live and (Patch)Nick. I don't want to change it, but I don't want to be called by it online. It just bugs me, lol... the only person who calls me by it on here knows me IRL so it works out. The rest just call me Mac. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My name is Ashley. When I was younger, I used to be afraid of sharing my name online due to some personal reasons. Fortunately, I'm no longer afraid of it. n_n I don't really like my name, but I don't hate it either. If I ever get the chance to change my name, I would change it to either Grace or Annabella (I love both of these names, so it'll be very hard to choose one).

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Even if my first name is somewhat common and ok, I never want to reveal it. o-o People wanted to spread it around, so I chose on not to reveal it. But it fits me though and I really don't want to change it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It feels kinda cool to read through this thread and see what people you have seen around for years are really called. Because I never got to know them well enough to ask in person ^^ Some, I already knew of course.

I'm not at all comfortable with sharing my real name online, actually. Not on forums like this at least. It's got to do with me not really admitting to my offline friends that I like pokémon and anime and whatnot, and the fact that I might be the only person on this forum with my name and therefore rather easy to identify if someone for some inexplicable reason should come by it. I've got a nickname though, that most of my friends here know and call me. And it's not "Red".

I like my real name, but it sounds pretty horrid when pronounced in English xD the nickname I go by sounds a lot better. Really nice, actually. I wouldn't change my name. I guess maybe it would be nice to have a less unique last name, though. But at the same time, Like Audy said, it feels good to know that my name is mine alone.

Back