• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Another) RPT Adoption Thread | Up For Auction: 6 | Quick Ideas: 5

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
I had an idea that I think might be interesting. Since I'm still new here, I don't want to bite more than I can chew and make my own RP (yet), but I think it could be a cool idea.

Title: The Calm After the Storm (Pokémon)
Genre: Adventure/Survival
Plot Summary/Gist:
I assume we all know about the Pokémon War Theory. This RP revolves around a alternate time period where the war became so prolonged that humankind developed nuclear armament and used it, repeatedly. You are a kid who survived thanks to The Shelter (a nuclear bunker for civilians in some city). Because of this, Arceus became involved in the war, turning Pokémon against trainer, and against the forces of humankind. Finally, several years after the war, the outside radiation has subsided enough to allow you to emerge from The Shelter.​
Main Objective:
Discover survivors, trade routes towards them, friendly Pokémon, lost technologies, find habitable cities and towns, essentially, your journey will be a scouting mission to reconnect your society to the rest of the world.​
Protagonists:
The players will control the scouts, so to speak, in charge of this expedition.​
Antagonists or Complication:
Wild Pokémon and treacherous terrain should be the greatest complications, at least at first. Routes in this game should seem deadlier and more dangerous than anything in a normal Gym Challenge RP. By the time of the endgame, however, one of the several factions should rise up in prominence and antagonize the players in order to achieve whatever it is they want to.​
Factions Present:
  • The Arceus Monotheists - religious fanatics who consider Arceus the one true god, they urge the people to stop their "enslaving of Pokémon", and return to a natural state of living in order to avoid His wrath. They hate the Thinkers.
  • The Anarchists - people who have lost their fear of the outside quicker than others, they come and go as they please. They're more rebels than an actual threat, but this could change by endgame. They hate the Monotheists and the Knights.
  • The Knights - army reserves and commanders who served to maintain order and communications during the early days of life in The Shelter, they've taken it upon themselves to establish some sort of military junta government, and are focused on growing as a society where they are, half expecting that the war isn't truly over. They hate the Monotheists and the Thinkers.
  • The Recyclers - people from the scientific community, these folks range from old to venerable, and are trying to recover as much "lost technology" as possible to ensure the continuation of scientific progress going forward in time. They hate the military-focused and conservative Knights.

Note: I would love to Co-GM if you need one.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Honestly, I've always thought a Pokemon journey-turned-survival RP would be a genius idea, so I'd love to see an enactment of "Calm After the Storm".

I'll keep the factions and such since they're basically "Protagonists" but expanded upon.

erratictransparency

Zubat Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
I had an idea that I think might be interesting. Since I'm still new here, I don't want to bite more than I can chew and make my own RP (yet), but I think it could be a cool idea.

Note: I would love to Co-GM if you need one.

Heya! I'm pretty interested in this idea, but I'm also quite new to the forums. How much Co-GMing would you be willing to do? I've run games before, but those have all been chat based or table-top. I've also modded roleplay forums, but I didn't work on building the main story so much as overseeing applications and giving input.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Heya! I'm pretty interested in this idea, but I'm also quite new to the forums. How much Co-GMing would you be willing to do?
Just a notice that this isn't an interest check thread, it's an adoption thread, meaning, if you are interested in working with an idea, it'd be expected for you to claim it. The original poster of said idea should understand prior to putting up their idea that it does not necessary belong to them rather to the person who chooses to see it through.

To everyone: I've added an additional notice to the OP in red that should hopefully help to discern between "adopting" and "advertising".

erratictransparency

Zubat Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Just a notice that this isn't an interest check thread, it's an adoption thread, meaning, if you are interested in working with an idea, it'd be expected for you to claim it. The original poster of said idea should understand prior to putting up their idea that it does not necessary belong to them rather to the person who chooses to see it through.

To everyone: I've added an additional notice to the OP in red that should hopefully help to discern between "adopting" and "advertising".

Ack, sorry. Was just asking so I'd have a better idea of what I'd be getting into so I could properly plan. I'm still interested in adopting the idea, I'll just have to think a bit on how I'd make it work.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Ack, sorry. Was just asking so I'd have a better idea of what I'd be getting into so I could properly plan. I'm still interested in adopting the idea, I'll just have to think a bit on how I'd make it work.
Ah, that's good to hear! Go ahead and brainstorm as you please, I just don't want this thread to become the "General Interest Check Thread", you know?

Would you like me the claim the idea for you, or are you still just considering?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018

Like Disclosed said, once you claim it, it's your idea, and fleshing it out is up to you and your own preferences. That being said, I would love it if you picked it up because I do think it's a very interesting concept and I'd like to play a part in it. If you would like help in the form of a Co-GM, I'd be more than willing to help you (but to be honest, I don't have any experience GMing, so if you want to go with someone more experienced, I'd say that's probably a good idea).

erratictransparency

Zubat Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017

Would you like me the claim the idea for you, or are you still just considering?

I'd love to claim it. :)

Like Disclosed said, once you claim it, it's your idea, and fleshing it out is up to you and your own preferences. That being said, I would love it if you picked it up because I do think it's a very interesting concept and I'd like to play a part in it. If you would like help in the form of a Co-GM, I'd be more than willing to help you (but to be honest, I don't have any experience GMing, so if you want to go with someone more experienced, I'd say that's probably a good idea).

Hah, I'd mostly like help with fleshing things out. I'm pretty okay with the actual running of a game. Just fleshing out a concept completely is a bit new for me, if that makes sense.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'd love to claim it. :)
It's done! Good luck with developing the idea. I think it's definitely a promising one.

If I can offer any advice for fleshing it out, I'd look at some of the successful RPs here, how they set up rules and mechanics and the like, just as a starting point.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
So I like to share this foundation of an idea I had in the back of my head. While I would love to see something like this in the forums, I can't bring myself to be its dedicated GM as I cannot find any interesting ways to convey the story and have it move forward. I feel I'd be much happier as a participant and would like to see if someone is willing to take the reigns.

Title: Quintessence
Pokemon, Fandom or Other: Other
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
Traditional or Sandbox: ?

Plot Summary/Gist: Nothing specific, though I envisioned the story taking place on a hostile world devoid of organic sentient life (i.e., humans). Whether it's a wasteland inhabitants must survive or an alien land waiting to be explored is up to the claimer.

Main Objective: ?

Protagonists: Players would assume the roles of mysterious ethereal beings that were born from the elements, e.g. forces such as earth and air. Their forms would grant them a variety of abilities, enabling creative use of their powers to overcome the ordeals that may be presented in the story. While they would have strengths based on the element their essence derives from, they would also develop weaknesses. Kind of like Pokemon, I suppose. Their chosen element could also influence their traits and nature, reflecting the very force they embody.

Antagonists or Complications: ?
Main Mechanics: The way I envisioned it, this story focuses heavily on interaction. Had I gone through making this RP, I was going to make the risky and likely questionable decision of omitting dialogue entirely. While characters could still convey their insight on the world around them to readers via inner monologues, they would be incapable of verbal communication and would not be able to commune with others conventionally. They would have to resort to other means of reciprocating with one another, such as relying on visual expressions. While being unable to talk would surely hinder a character's personality and could easily derail the plot, I thought it may invoke a strong sense of empathy between characters who bond without actually conversing. Of course, this doesn't need to stay with the main premise of the story, should the claimer feel it won't work in the long-run.

Another gimmick related to this strange method of communing with others is the concept of fusions. Since it's been established that the characters are energy-based, they could easily merge together to form a single entity; an amalgam of the two fusees' characteristics and abilities. This would be integrated and further explored through the use of joint posts, expanding onto a new level of intimacy as two characters explore the world as an entirely different individual. (To give a comparison, if there are any Steven Universe fans out there, the fusions are similar to how they are portrayed in that show)

I imagine that this is may seem like a very outlandish idea for a RP, but I would love to see even a small semblance of this concept come into fruition.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I imagine that this is may seem like a very outlandish idea for a RP, but I would love to see even a small semblance of this concept come into fruition.
Hey, I like outlandish! Here's hoping someone gets inspired!

I added your idea to the OP but I found it a little difficult to summarize. Do you think the heading's appropriate? I think they should be a first-impression on the idea pasted underneath, so let me know if you think it's a little too weird.

And, anyone else, if you think a headline doesn't capture your idea well enough, be sure to let me know.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Just to get a claim down, I'm incredibly interested in Experience of Ethereal Lifeforms and would love to try and get that idea working.

Reactions: Ech
Back