• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Is there any way to increase the number of sprites in the rom? I am using Emerald, and want to add a few more sprites, but I don't want to sacrifice any more than I already have.

Also, I've noticed if I try to import a new palette, it replaces the current one and messes up everything else using that palette, is there a way to import a palette without losing one or messing up other sprites?

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Well, if you are on about the number of moves Pokemon learn whilst leveling up, look at some of the evolutions. Moves that they learn before they were evolved are sometimes listed twice for some reason, once at Lv 1, once at the right Level, so you could remove them.

That would allow me to give more moves to each pokemon, but since those attacks are the lower level attacks, I can't make new moves without changing the old ones. So it'll help if I can get to that point, but for now I still need a way to create new moves without just modifying others. The only other option would be to get rid of some moves that only one pokemon can learn, or just get rid of that pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2011
What's the special command for choosing the start pokemon?

Also, sometimes when I save, and then load. Or go into the pokemon menu and exit, I'm now in control of a different sprite and can't go anywhere. Why is this?

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
How would you load tiles from one rom into something like Amap, then use those tiles in a different rom?

I want to see if I can take tiles from RBY and put them into Fire Red.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
kringlur; said:
How would you load tiles from one rom into something like Amap, then use those tiles in a different rom?

I want to see if I can take tiles from RBY and put them into Fire Red.

You can definatly use different rom tilesets, but you would have to insert them all an existing tileset, or add a completly new tileset into the rom.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
You can definatly use different rom tilesets, but you would have to insert them all an existing tileset, or add a completly new tileset into the rom.

I wanted to replace all the Fire Red tiles with RBY tiles anyway, so how could I do that? I planned to remap the game so it looks like the original RBY.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
is there any tools out there than can help us edit items? (like the items description and what it does, the name etc)?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2018
Hi everyone !

I want to ask something bit tricky !
So everyone look :

-Story:

I am hacking fire red , and the [player] is at jail . Then he destroys a rock tile and he escapes from the jail . Then he walks on a tile 2 cops stop him and battle him ..

-Problem :

IF i lose to the cops , i want to spawn again from the jail WITH healed pokemon and **all things that were done restart **

**...**= the rock that blocks the way from the jail i use the "setmaptile" command to get the rock away . and the cops REfight you. when you walk up to the scriptbox.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hey, I have another doubt about scripting.

In gold/silver and crystal, the (script) command are same?
anybody know it? I need the answer, but I can find it :(

As I've already said, you can find lots of information and documents and tutorials at hax.iimarck.us.
Anyway, some Crystal command values are shifted by one:
Tauwasser said:
Crystal uses other commands, so you will have to add a shift in the command values at 0x52 (... 0x51 in Gold -> 0x51 in Crystal, 0x52 in Gold -> 0x53 in Crystal ...).

There is also a thread about crystal scripting.

Read carefully the answers to your questions, and learn from what they teach you.

link12552

decade club
Years
Thats just show a POKEball about to open.

I meant when the player is throwing the ball like in the attachment

Unlz won't have the trainer throwing a pokeball because, the images are uncompressed.

You have to use a tool that will let you edit uncompressed images. aka (Nameless Sprite Editor or Tilemolster...)

Nameless Sprite Editor has a bookmark for the "pokeball throwing" frames included with it. ;)

You can download it in the toolbox.

or just click my sig to goto the thread-

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Hey again, i was wondering if it's possible in a fire red ROM to continue after beating the elite four, or if there are any alternatives that can help me get by this problem, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back