• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Walking Dead [M] (OOC/SU)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yay! ^.^ A Bastian is alwasy great for an RP!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Ey, can I post my half-finished SU for now so I can just edit it and not dig around my PC every time.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Hey guys, here's my Character Sheet. I've been putting this off for a while, but since I've submitted the IC thread, I decided to get this done ASAP.

Here's my sheet, guys. I've been putting it off, but since the IC thread will be up sometime soon, I decided to go ahead and start it.

Name:Eric Khore

Appearance(Picture can be provided in its place): Eric wears black pants, a red shirt, and a red jacket. On his back, he keeps a dark brown, worn-out backpack that appears to be much older than the apocalypse itself, a single strap falling across his shoulder connecting the pokeball shaped bag to his chest. He has dull grey hair and firey red eyes. His skin is a rosey white. At his hip, he keeps a baseball bat fastened on by a grey belt with a darker grey buckle.

Personality: Ethan is very hot-headed and irritable. When it comes to survival, he only cares about himself and his pokemon, and if he feels you're going to get in his way, he'll burn you to a crisp. Making an alliance with him is EXTREMELY risky because chances are, he'll betray you when it is no longer beneficial to him. If you so much as touch his bag, he'll kill you on the spot.
He's also incredibly rash, often-times doing incredibly dangerous and stupid things if he sees a prize at the other side. Oftentimes, this gets him swarmed by the infected.

History:
Eric was born on Cinnabar Island several years before Red had defeated Team Rocket and conquered the Pokemon League. Growing up on the small island, a great deal of his life encompassed Blaine and his Gym. Being the only experienced trainer on the island, he was the one to distribute pokemon to the new trainers on the island. When he reached the age of 10, he was given a female Growlithe and as opposed to challenging the pokemon league, he chose to train under Blaine in his gym in order to stay apart of the community and take care of his family. When he was fifteen, Red came and challenged the gym, and he, among many other trainers, battled him and lost, paving the way for him to challenge Blaine. When he later heard that the kid had beaten the League, it fueled him to train harder. By the time he was 20, he had acquired many powerful fire-type pokemon, his favorite of the group being his Growlithe, who had by then, evolved into an Arcanine. When the virus hit, it was just before Blaine was about to step down and hand the title of gym-leader to him. Seeing the danger, Blaine changed his mind and Eric was sent to the front lines of warding off the infection on the island. In order to ensure the island was armed, Eric distributed pokemon to several of the islanders to help them ward off any infection that may have made it over the ocean.

Eric still held a certain resentment towards Blaine after the danger had passed. Once the old man had changed his mind, after all of his hard work, it destroyed him. Not long after the island was secured, Eric had a falling out with Blaine and the other islanders and left, catching a ride with another trainer and his Lapras. He reached the mainland through the port of Vermilion, where he was quickly swarmed, most of his pokemon had died, and his Arcanine was infected. Just before the pokemon turned, however, it laid an egg and left it in its trainer's care. Caring a great deal for his friend, he carried the egg with him in his pack in the hopes of it hatching. After Arcanine died, only one pokemon was left: A Rapidash.

He blamed the death of his friends on Blaine and his stubbornness, and with that in mind, he slowly began to descend into an introverted rage and hatred. With his new identity, he left Vermilion and headed off into the world....
Pokemon:Rapidash

Moves(6 Max):Flamethrower, Fire Charge, Quick Attack, Blast Burn, Smokescreen

Opening Post(8-10 lines minimum):
The sound of clamping hooves filled the night as a cool burst of air buffeted Eric and his Rapidash continuously. He was riding on the back of the pokemon, his chest pressed against its neck as the two of them galloped down Route 11 and towards the Eastern Coast of Kanto. Because he was a good distance away from the city, he made very little effort to keep quiet or stay stealthy. Whenever they came across a stray Walker, he would simply guide his Rapidash up to its side and as they rocketed past, he'd bash open its brains with his baseball bat. If it was a pokemon walker, he'd simply have Rapidash preform a fire charge directly into it, running it over.

After several hours, he eventually hit the edge of the route and where the massive wooden boardwalk used to be. Bits of soaked wood were scattered about the coastline, and jutting out of the water, massive wooden stakes could be seen. Slowing Rapidash to a trot, they made their way to the beach and began to set up camp. It was dark now and the side-route to Lavender was highly dangerous.

Gathering some of the wood scattered about the beach, Eric instructed Rapidash to light it and sat down by the fire. Openning his bag, he pulled out a large pokemon egg and covered it slightly in the sand close to the fire in order to keep it warm. Under where the egg had been in his bag, Ethan pulled out a small piece of meat wrapped up within some old newspapers. Earlier that day, he had found a living Ratatta and killed it.

Impaling the meat on a sharp stick, he held it over the fire, watching as the pink meat slowly turned to a succulent brown. After it was finished, he ate a fourth of it and stored it back in his bag for the morning. Then, from his bag, he pulled out his last can of pokemon food and opened it, placing it down in front of his Rapidash.

"We're running low on food….After we hit Lavander, we may need to head west towards Saffron….Hopefully the rumors about pokemon immune to the disease living in Lavander are true….

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
W.I.P

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'd imagine Lucario doesn't count as immune, since the Steel Pokémon referred to doesn't have any flesh that can be infected, like Steelix, Scizor or Magneton, yeah?

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
So, I was referred to come and signup here by a friend. So if you read this Bastian, ha! No more indecisiveness. :P

Anyway... I really do hope it's good enough. If there are any issues, please let me know. Thanks! :D

Name: Paige Cooper

Appearance: Paige is a lithe, somewhat athletic girl of average height. People wouldn't describe her as skinny, or fat, but somewhere in between. Her hair is about the most eccentric thing about her. A bombastic, curly knit of fire red hair crowns her head. Hair that was the bane of her existence when growing up, but slowly came to like as she got older. It comes down to about mid shoulder blade, it contrasting perfectly with her green, almost jade colored, almond shaped eyes. Her nose is petite, with a slight slop that curls faintly at the end and her mouth is round with slightly thinner than normal lips. The rest of her face is unmarred except for faint freckles that pop against the pale tone of her skin.

Her clothes, as they stand now, are mostly utilitarian. A light windbreaker, forest green in color over a black tank top and black skinny jeans. Her gray hiking boots were recovered from a recent scouting trip, a half size too small, but better than the shoes that she had initially been wearing on her trip to see her parents. An argyle scarf is seen wrapped around her neck and small messenger bag draped across her torso. The only other item of note, is the small lamp pole strapped to her back that serves as a weapon.

Personality: With a personality that matches her hair, Paige is fiery, but not overbearing. She is fiery when the time is right, when others are being kicked and they need an advocate. She struggles with a strong sense of right and wrong. She knows she has to survive, but she fights to still stick with her morals in this now distraught world.

Paige is very caring, partly the reason she desired to go into the nursing field. Often times, she will put herself in harms way to help another person, even if she never met them before. Underneath all that fire, someone would find an introverted insecure person. She keeps people at a distance, her care for them evident, but never really letting others know the "real" Paige. In the world today, she tries not to tell anyone that she is a nurse. The thought of others knowing terrifies her. Would they try and take advantage of her? Kidnap her?

As strong as she pretends to be, she is scared of a great many things. The reason her Happiny know flash, is because of her aversion to darkness. This Happiny is her closest friend, but she fears to let her out of the ball every time she does because of being at risk of getting infected.

History: Born and raised in Viridian City, Paige's childhood was pretty standard as most go. A happy family life, two brothers, and a mother and father who did their best to provide for them. She was a bit different from the other kids however. Due to her proximity to Pallet Town and the Pokemon League, most of the kids in her city desired to be great trainers and champions. Paige never desired that for herself. She wanted to help others and do whatever she could in that regard.

When she was old enough, Paige went off from home and began to train as a Nurse. Her goal, to help humans and pokemon alike. She loved her education and future profession. On the last stages of her education, Paige was enrolled as an intern to the Pokemon Center in Celadon City. It was a dream, she had always wanted to live in Celadon. She spent her time going through the motions, her training and advancement progressing at a reasonable clip. Just before her official graduation, Paige took some time off to go and visit her parents back in Viridian.

She spent her days reminiscing and enjoying the off time, but also excited to get back and officially graduate. Strange reports had begun to surface of Pokemon infected with Pokerus dropping dead for seemingly no reason. Paige had heard about the Pokerus fad and monitored it with only professional interest. She had even diagnosed a few pokemon back in her time with the Pokemon Center. It was always viewed as a beneficial thing however, Pokemon shouldn't have been dying from it.

The news stories spread like wildfire and soon, it wasn't just rumors anymore. Paige volunteered at the Viridian Pokemon Center to help with the epidemic, but nothing could be done. Things soon became gridlock, the healthcare system shutting down under the load. Then the unthinkable happened, these dead pokemon resurrected themselves, but not how they were. They ravaged anything in their path, spreading the disease and death in their wake.

The world was never the same after that. Her and her family became shut-ins as the world around them turned inside out. They had a meager stockpile of supplies, but nothing that would last forever.

One day, when Paige had been in the cellar arranging their ever dwindling supply, bandits came. They burst through the pathetic barricade her father had constructed for their doors. Out of fear, Paige hid in the only spot she could find, an old wardrobe with slats that granted her a partial view of the horrors unraveling around her. Mother, Father and both of her brothers were dragged into the cellar, forced to reveal where all the stockpiled goods were and mercilessly executed in front of her eyes. It took everything in her power to hold in the screams of terror that fought to release themselves. These bandits, seemingly satisfied with their score, left without ever discovering her.

Here she sat, alone, nobody but her pokemon and the bodies of her loved ones to keep her company. Paige ran from that house as far as she could, she swore never to go back to that house again. She took refuge from whoever would offer it, but kindness wasn't common now. She continued on alone, never staying in one place for too long in Viridian. Yet she remained in Viridian, her fear paralyzing her from the journey through the forest to the north.

Pokemon: Happiny
Nickname: Scrambled
Moves: Pound, Charm, Heal Bell, Protect, Flash

Opening Post: "Hey Scrambled," Paige rolled over and shook the little sleeping Happiny that had dozed off in the soft glow and waves of heat coming from the fire place. They had found an abandoned house a day earlier, a stroke of luck, one of the few they ever got. "Did you hear something just now?" She asked as she raised her torso into a seated position.

"Pi, Pi" The petite pokemon tried to wave her off. Scrambled always hated to be woken up.

"No, I really thought I heard something just now. Kind of like a thump." Her eyes surveyed the surroundings of the abandoned house and its living room. It was hard to see outside of the fire's light radius. "Maybe I'm just imaging things again." She laid her head back down, her gaze locked firmly on the ceiling above her. Ever since her family died, she began to imagine terrible things lurking around every corner. Even in broad daylight, she didn't feel even the slightest bit secure. It was like somebody ripped off what little security blanket she had and burned it in front of her eyes.

"Scrambled, you awake over there?" Her voice but a whisper in the still night. No verbal answer came, which funny enough, was an answer in its own right. If only she could be as blissfully unaware as her Happiny. Would she be better off? Or would it serve as a detriment? Maybe being untrusting was the new norm. One thought kept nagging her in the back of her mind, why was this house abandoned?

It didn't take long to find her answer. Just as her eyes began to get heavy, a pair of hands grabbed her by the throat and pinned her to the ground. She could hardly breath, speech was an impossibility.

"Just what do you think you're doing here, woman?" A raspy voice crawled its way out of the back of her assailant's throat. "Don't you know? This is our house." The shrouded figure gestured behind him to reveal others who were watching with twisted pleasure. "You think we're just going to sit by and let some squatter She-Poochyena take it over? I don't think so, baby."

Paige struggled to free herself, her arms were pinned down to the ground with his knees. She had to find someway out of this, they were going to kill her, or worse yet, keep her alive. Quickly, she brought up her leg in a quick motion that surprised her attacker, her knee catching him prone. He rolled off her in agony, his howls finally causing Scrambled to wake from her slumber with a fright.

Paige raced to her feet and pulled 'Scrambled' to her chest. The others came rushing in for her, her back quickly hitting the far wall of the room. "Scrambled!" She shouted in fear and desperation while closing her eyes. "Use flash!" A bright, blinding white light filled the room, the pursuit of her assailants cut short as they stumbled around in confusion. Paige saw her chance and bolted from the house, her feet carrying her as far and as fast as she could go. She didn't even notice the change in scenery as she entered Viridian Forest, her head only telling her one thing...run.​

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Whoops, the Clairebear is on our happy team of survivors \o/ Welcome about Claire! Lovely SU, if I do say so myself :3

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
The IC thread should be out any day now, guys, so I suggest you start planning your starting groups.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Oh crap the IC thread is up. Once I quickly link the IC thread here and vice versa, I'll hop in.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And in the famous words of Mark Hamill, I quote:

"And here... we... go!"

Good luck to one and all!

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Just a quick message: I probably won't be on tomorrow. Or, basically the next... 36 hours? So bunny me if you have to, to get moving. Or I'll make something up for my character later, okay? ^^

Khawill

<3
Years
I got a fes nicknames for our gm!
Triple P
Triple G
Trip G
TP
TG
PGR
TPG

Also to Clare/Sir, it would be helpful to know that both Helen and James are pretty idiotic.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
@Greiger: are you heading towards my location? Cause it seems like you mentioned that it was your goal, but then you ended talking about a cave... Challenger's cave? Or some other one that I am completely forgetting about due to my lack of expertise in the region?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Nyx is heading to mt moon currently. She left Pewter City and needs to get through the mt moon to get there so that's where I am right now. Once I get through the caves then I will beeline to cerulean.

Back