• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Hnnnn? Should I call myself an "occasional anime watcher" if not a fan? I've watched some anime that aren't on my rarely updated MAL but I don't even think then it'll add up to thirty. Even then there are those I watched but only casually/never completed.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

I think it's fine enough to call yourself a fan of those individual series. It's like saying you're a fan of Sci-fi after watching only the Dr. Who reboot, or a gamer for just playing Halo. It requires a bit more immersion than just that to be a general fan. Especially with anime since Japan churns those out at a rate close to like a hundred new series of anime in a year. There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking what you like though. If you're not a fan of a general genre or medium, that just probably means that you are a really really good fan in your fandom.

Also I'm not acting I'm pretty sure that LOGH being the only good anime ever is an established fact?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Oh, I thought you were trollan. It's not, it's not realistic, the characters are hardly deep, the pacing could be a hell of a lot better and one of the main characters became a hero for using the trojan horse. The first 50 episodes consist of the two main characters rising up the ranks by beating canon fodder, stupid people and rich stupid people, I mean it's surprising they haven't blown them selves up prior to this. I could say some more stuff about one of the major events 26 episodes in but spoilers.

Tactical stuff....Light Yagami made more realistic plays than some of the stuff that's been going on. "I know....lets put all our fire on that one ship it will make them break form....what's this they wiped out our entire flank? how did that happen". Few episodes later......"let's engage the enemy RIGHT NEXT TO THIS BLACK HOLE"...he lost a lot of men that day.

Saying that it is still better than 70% of stuff I've seen.

Edit - I'm a dude.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years

You know what this thread needs?

Hats.

200px-ToweringSoldier.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well. I don't remember the last time I actually said I was a fan of anime. Lately I think I say more along the lines of 'i like it but I don't watch it too often'. If I said I was a fan it was probably a long time ago before I "changed". I do see where you're coming from with that though Kevin. It makes sense and makes me glad that I don't (think I) use the word 'fan' often.

That said I don't even know what that image was/said since I'm on my phone sooo.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

Yeah, wasn't calling out anybody in this thread in particular, but since people were talking about not watching anime and this is a pretty anime thread, I thought I'd say something in case others do think like that.

There is no image. That's just my laziness. :I

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Haha. Yeah. Thats probably part of the reason why I don't post here as often anymore! Another reason being the fact that I've been doing more things offline buuut that's besides the point. When the topic is anime I usually say nothing or something random no one gives two cents about half the time.

That would explain why I can see others' pictures aha.

Sorry. Detective Conan has my vote. Considering other than Symphonia's OVA it's the only anime I bother watching every now and then these days.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Because it has so many episodes I will start it one day, I like to have a show with hundreds of episodes on the go for no apparent reason.

GC has the best /a/ threads.
nmj8jq.jpg

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Three hours of typing and an incredible roleplay post down the drain.
I hate computers.
I hate my luck.
I hate life.
I'm angry.
Hear me Rawr.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Fawty Fhortee Farti Fortay 40.

Thank you for the "Hi" Lapras. Also, I like your Avatar and Sig. :D

And Nakuzami, I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds awful! I've had that happen to me before, but not on something I worked on for that long.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Huh. Today's my third PCversary. I completely forgot til I saw the date just now :X

Anywho: teh Oscars. Anyone watch 'em/surprised at the results/care at all?

Also, @ Nakuzami: what happened exactly to cause you to lose said post, if ya don't mind meh asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back